Page 332 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2322823223283293303313323333343353363423824328321332 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woulda worked out much better with a responsible, serious president.

Sorry your Trump is such a failure.

But you don't want to talk about that....
    No need to debate. We'll see who's a failure in November. Assuming Joe Biden's corpse makes it out of the bunker by then. I hope it does, I really want to hear it tell us what a friend we have in China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to debate. We'll see who's a failure in November. Assuming Joe Biden's corpse makes it out of the bunker by then. I hope it does, I really want to hear it tell us what a friend we have in China.
    You'll have 4 years (ok, maybe 2) to listen to old Joe, tbh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to debate. We'll see who's a failure in November.
    Trump's an abject failure now and forever will be known for his failure here. No need to debate.

Sorry your guy is such a failure. Should've taken your choice more seriously. Now we all have to live and die with his failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how everyone is now turning into a nationalist during a pandemic. 3m apparently needs to prioritize American lives over the lives of people in other countries. I'm just wondering what happened to all the bleeding hearts.
    Why do you think "bleeding hearts" don't prioritize American lives?

Bleeding hearts are typically against things like war and nation building (two conservative past times) that usually sees a sacrifice of American lives to fight boogeymen or make defense contractors rich. You might respond with the open borders canard, and sure, there's some fat Left loons who want that, but most reasonable Liberals would just like to see the immigration process refined so it isn't such a cluster of red tape. Any immigrant who desires to contribute should be given the opportunity to become an American citizen (aren't you an immigrant? An actual nationalist would never, ever allow you any type of path to citizenship and would turn you away as soon as your foot crossed the border, so I hope you don't side with them).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bleeding hearts are typically against things like war and nation building (two conservative past times) that usually sees a sacrifice of American lives to fight boogeymen or make defense contractors rich. You might respond with the open borders canard, and sure, there's some fat Left loons who want that, but most reasonable Liberals would just like to see the immigration process refined so it isn't such a cluster of red tape. Any immigrant who desires to contribute should be given the opportunity to become an American citizen (aren't you an immigrant? An actual nationalist would never, ever allow you any type of path to citizenship and would turn you away as soon as your foot crossed the border).
    Weird. When the emergency is here have we ever prioritized anything but the emergency here?

Nathan never makes much sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3M got kinda ed when China basically nationalized their company and stopped exports from there back in February.

And again, the reason we have laws like the DPA is because most of these companies are not unipersonal, they're run by a board, and decisions have to be made primarily on the premise of company value and shareholder returns.

Companies that have a more direct leadership like Tesla have been more direct about shifting production to ventilators, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's that globalism working out for you?
    Many liberals are against globalism because of the exploitation of labor and trampling of human rights it necessitates. Not sure Chump's position here, though.

I would call myself a "soft globalist" ideally. We shouldn't trade with bad actors and opaque governments (like China). And if a product must be manufactured outside of the US, we should ensure the workers doing that manufacturing are paid a fair living wage per their country's cost of living, while also ensuring they have the same worker's rights as they do here or in other developed countries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this is the political forum, but FFS, can't we have some common ground?

I think we all just want this to end ASAP, no?

This is going to be a ROUGH month or two. I wish you all the best.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bleeding hearts are typically against things like war and nation building (two conservative past times) that usually sees a sacrifice of American lives to fight boogeymen or make defense contractors rich. You might respond with the open borders canard, and sure, there's some fat Left loons who want that, but most reasonable Liberals would just like to see the immigration process refined so it isn't such a cluster of red tape. Any immigrant who desires to contribute should be given the opportunity to become an American citizen (aren't you an immigrant? An actual nationalist would never, ever allow you any type of path to citizenship and would turn you away as soon as your foot crossed the border, so I hope you don't side with them).
    There wasn't a single reasonable liberal running for President. They are basically irrelevant.

We accept a ton of legal immigrants. Red tape is basically irrelevant because of that reality. Just fast tracking massive amounts of immigrants to turn more states like Virginia isn't the solution.

Also the leftistswere outraged at the idea that immigrants should be able to care for themselves. Reasonable liberals are silent and irrelevant.

I was born in America.

They are prioritizing America now because they are going to be hurt now. Usually they political gain and they don't give a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many liberals are against globalism because of the exploitation of labor and trampling of human rights it necessitates. Not sure Chump's position here, though.

I would call myself a "soft globalist" ideally. We shouldn't trade with bad actors and opaque governments (like China). And if a product must be manufactured outside of the US, we should ensure the workers doing that manufacturing are paid a fair living wage per their country's cost of living, while also ensuring they have the same worker's rights as they do here or in other developed countries.
    The globalism cat is out of the bag. The race to the bottom has led to an over-reliance on China which needs to be mitigated. Doesn't seem impossible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Ryn Svedr, tbh... basically fake news
    That 2015 doesn't seem to be fake news though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What I tried to do with heroes and bunglers thread. ANYONE who at ANY POINT downplayed this situation should be "axed," regardless of the letter beside the name. Many Ds ed up and Dear Leader ed up. But I just don't get the stubborn insistence of "the base" regarding Trump? He's a billionaire politician. We shouldn't "give a " about politicians. They aren't our "leaders," they are our employees, and they are disposable employees at that. This country has collectively forgotten how to relate to politicians. They shouldn't be heroes, leaders, idols, etc. They're instruments that are supposed to represent our collective will, and when the instrument fails, you get a new one. We shouldn't get emotionally attached to any of these slippery s.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have data on tests per day. I keep seeing 100k+ but I'm getting a hunch that the growth has stalled shortly above 100k. So if you have a link to a graph or something I'm interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I tried to do with heroes and bunglers thread. ANYONE who at ANY POINT downplayed this situation should be "axed," regardless of the letter beside the name. Many Ds ed up and Dear Leader ed up. But I just don't get the stubborn insistence of "the base" regarding Trump? He's a billionaire politician. We shouldn't "give a " about politicians. They aren't our "leaders," they are our employees, and they are disposable employees at that. This country has collectively forgotten how to relate to politicians. They shouldn't be heroes, leaders, idols, etc. They're instruments that are supposed to represent our collective will, and when the instrument fails, you get a new one. We shouldn't get emotionally attached to any of these slippery s.
    Right. Why should I not be angry at all the Mayor Vaughns who ed up and in many cases are still ing up? Most were told what could happen then decided doing nothing or actively downplaying the threat was the BEST course of action. R or D, they deserve every bit of scorn thrown at them. We owe it to the dead to hold them accountable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There wasn't a single reasonable liberal running for President. They are basically irrelevant.

We accept a ton of legal immigrants. Red tape is basically irrelevant because of that reality. Just fast tracking massive amounts of immigrants to turn more states like Virginia isn't the solution.

Also the leftistswere outraged at the idea that immigrants should be able to care for themselves. Reasonable liberals are silent and irrelevant.

I was born in America.

They are prioritizing America now because they are going to be hurt now. Usually they political gain and they don't give a .
    Your average Honduran migrant who wants to come here and pick peaches or work at under the table wages in construction usually can't afford an immigration lawyer. I know it's easy to say, "Just save," but easier said than done. And this is where you have to weigh the moral quandary of the situation. Allowing him to become an American citizen might save his life and the life of his family. Does doing that cost the life an American? Probably not. So the analogy to masks isn't apt.

We can say he might be driving down the value of American blue collar work, but probably only in certain trades. I don't think many Americans would be crazy about picking fruits and vegetables. Additionally, "skilled" labor via H1B1 visas has probably driven down the value of American labor value in the tech sector more than anything else.

And guess what? This also is a consequence of unregulated capitalism.

My solution to stop the influx of illegals from south of the border is to build up industry there. Illegal immigration from Mexico has declined ever since automobile and such companies built factories there. Now do the same throughout Central America (perhaps bring those factories from China to there). For the H1B1 issue, put a cap on how many H1B1s a company can hire relative to the size of their workforce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have data on tests per day. I keep seeing 100k+ but I'm getting a hunch that the growth has stalled shortly above 100k. So if you have a link to a graph or something I'm interested.
    some numbers here...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/5099458002/

apparently there's also a backlog slowing things down

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your average Honduran migrant who wants to come here and pick peaches or work at under the table wages in construction usually can't afford an immigration lawyer. I know it's easy to say, "Just save," but easier said than done. And this is where you have to weigh the moral quandary of the situation. Allowing him to become an American citizen might save his life and the life of his family. Does doing that cost the life an American? Probably not. So the analogy to masks isn't apt.

We can say he might be driving down the value of American blue collar work, but probably only in certain trades. I don't think many Americans would be crazy about picking fruits and vegetables. Additionally, "skilled" labor via H1B1 visas has probably driven down the value of American labor value in the tech sector more than anything else.

And guess what? This also is a consequence of unregulated capitalism.

My solution to stop the influx of illegals from south of the border is to build up industry there. Illegal immigration from Mexico has declined ever since automobile and such companies built factories there. Now do the same throughout Central America (perhaps bring those factories from China to there). For the H1B1 issue, put a cap on how many H1B1s a company can hire relative to the size of their workforce.
    Black Americans lined-up for the jobs illegals were taking from them after some massive raids in 2019.

Agreed we should shift manufacturing to the Americas. I'd also start cutting the money we send all over the world and focus it in these countries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't fully agree with this. The market is defined however consumers define it and in situations like this it could well be the needs of the country or people. The problem isn't that at ta time like this it becomes important, its that ONLY at a time like this it becomes important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black Americans lined-up for the jobs illegals were taking from them after some massive raids in 2019.

Agreed we should shift manufacturing to the Americas. I'd also start cutting the money we send all over the world and focus it in these countries.
    It's a money equation. If Americas would be cheaper than Asia, that's where it'll go. Unfortunately, certain Asian countries are still much cheaper than South/Central America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup party affiliation doesn't matter. Ohio governor is a Republican and he was on this early. Dems have definitely ed up too. DGAF about party. I GAF about who listened to the people who know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not for nothing but the reason many people hate Trump is because it was clear he was going to be a huge up at a time like this. The chances of him going 4 years without a major crisis were low. And we knew when one came, he would it up. And he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't fully agree with this. The market is defined however consumers define it and in situations like this it could well be the needs of the country or people. The problem isn't that at ta time like this it becomes important, its that ONLY at a time like this it becomes important.
    Unfortunately in crisis situations like this one, which normally bring scarcity, the market dictates that prices should go up. We call it gouging, but it's really a typical case of supply and demand.

That, as you know, brings all sorts of problems. From medical supplies to elementary stuff like food or toilet paper, it's the poor that end up getting the shorter end of the stick. And it can cost lives too.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This virus really needs people to take even more extreme measures to slow the growth. For instance, if a household has one person that's going out to work then they should probably do their best to isolate at home. But I haven't seen anyone make recommend steps like that. That person is overwhelming coming home and cuddling with their partner who will be doing things with the kids all day.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

spot on darrrin, but there's a problem

the guy in charge let people die....lost millions of jobs....tanked the economy....

all for himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This virus really needs people to take even more extreme measures to slow the growth. For instance, if a household has one person that's going out to work then they should probably do their best to isolate at home. But I haven't seen anyone make recommend steps like that. That person is overwhelming coming home and cuddling with their partner who will be doing things with the kids all day.
    I've seen recommendations like that. ie: for people with sleep apnea, to sleep in separate rooms if possible, due to the virus becoming aerosol and going much farther distance.

Another reason CPAP machines, which are readily available, are not used in this case as first-stage respiratory aids (they normally are in hospitals, etc).

Thread Information