Page 339 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2392893293353363373383393403413423433493894398391339 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 40782
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

these “free democracies” being exposed for the bull trash they are

governments acting wilder than regular folk

animals
    How can we even do that in Bangkok?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you dont think Bangkok gov does US bidding?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to get hit super hard too? Our patient zero didn't get here much later (if at all) than some of the new hotspots popping up and the school/major city shutdowns didn't lag behind most of the rest of the country. What am I missing? I know it will get worse but I've kind of been optimistic that we won't get hit as hard as some of the other large urban areas.
    I personally don't think so. I mean, everyone will get "hit," but it's highly unlikely any West and Southwest regions with low population density will turn into New York. Australia's response was pretty late and case and death count hasn't taken off there. Just my intuition (via the weather theory, population density, mass transit use, and also average age theory. Texas is actually has the lowest average age in the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_median_age ).

We can't "breathe easy" until more data, but there's reasons to be optimistic for the West and Southwest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you dont think Bangkok gov does US bidding?
    Not that I know of tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again I say, I wish there were a maximum age to run for office. Especially these ancient ing congressmen who hold their position until they're cold in the dirt. We vote for them in though!
    Eyup. I would peg it at 60. If you hit retirement age in the office of the President... GTFO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA, black ops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to get hit super hard too? Our patient zero didn't get here much later (if at all) than some of the new hotspots popping up and the school/major city shutdowns didn't lag behind most of the rest of the country. What am I missing? I know it will get worse but I've kind of been optimistic that we won't get hit as hard as some of the other large urban areas.
    YES WE ARE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don't think so. I mean, everyone will get "hit," but it's highly unlikely any West and Southwest regions with low population density will turn into New York. Australia's response was pretty late and case and death count hasn't taken off there. Just my intuition (via the weather theory, population density, mass transit use, and also average age theory. Texas is actually has the lowest average age in the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_median_age ).

We can't "breathe easy" until more data, but there's reasons to be optimistic for the West and Southwest.
    Overall it looks like we have the capacity to handle what's coming in the next month. I think there will be a bunch of smaller hotspots where good practices just aren't....practiced....

There'll be a bunch of stories of superspreading people and events, especially when the measures are inevitably lifted prematurely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you made that up... stand up comedy is waiting.
    somebody shared with me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that fantastic buildup to the last 15 seconds

Pandumbic... .heh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall it looks like we have the capacity to handle what's coming in the next month. I think there will be a bunch of smaller hotspots where good practices just aren't....practiced....

There'll be a bunch of stories of superspreading people and events, especially when the measures are inevitably lifted prematurely.
    Yep. That's most likely. According to this model, Texas should be under capacity, and this model seems a bit "pessimistic." https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

According to it, Texas was supposed to have 1700 people hospitalized on April 1st. Texas currently has 196 hospitalized according to Covidtracking. https://covidtracking.com/data/state/texas

But who knows the actuals anymore. Data has been wildly inconsistent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It hit places in the NE first. Texas will get hit, it is simply a matter of time.

Texas' saving grace is the sparse population and lack of public transit, along with the fact that things got shut down fairly quickly.

Dunno, really no way to tell if what is being done is effective until we have done it for while.

Ironically it will more likely spread among the conservative parts of the state that listened to Fox propaganda and Trump downplaying the severity and complications. They polled out at taking fewer precautions. we'll see if that panned out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Francisco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Francisco

Are things really looking up there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    85% of TX residents reside in urban/suburban areas. If that count can be accurate, then the rest is not useful
    Guessing Texas is undercounting.

Wanted to say "we" but I am in Missouri. Just read a news report about 27 long-term care facilities have had a resident or employee test positive. Missouri, or at least where I am at, ahs a lot of old people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw that earlier today but this is literally the epidemiologist's quote:

“We can already see the cases starting to increase, it is the start of an exponential rise.”

I need more than that to panic, tbh.

Yeah, that's where I'm at right now too. Hope it pans out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw that earlier today but this is literally the epidemiologist's quote:

“We can already see the cases starting to increase, it is the start of an exponential rise.”

I need more than that to panic, tbh.

Yeah, that's where I'm at right now too. Hope it pans out.

Hope is good my friend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are things really looking up there?
    Don't live there, but those are encouraging numbers. And SF is kind of a mini-New York in a lot of ways. They use some mass transit, their weather is cool this time of year, and their pop density is 17000 per sq mile. New York's is 26000. So London Breed definitely saved a lot of lives by acting early.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guessing Texas is undercounting.

Wanted to say "we" but I am in Missouri. Just read a news report about 27 long-term care facilities have had a resident or employee test positive. Missouri, or at least where I am at, ahs a lot of old people.
    We have a nursing home in San Antonio that's 80% COVID-19 positive now.

EDIT: Link

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/u...sing-home.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as many deaths coming from NY today. NJ, California and other states are starting to get up there in numbers now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way that will be the last one. There's probably gonna be a mini-apocalypse in nursing homes that isn't going to be reported in a timely manner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah,hearing dallas,and houstons numbers are rising . abbott is still hesitant about putting tighter measures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah,hearing dallas,and houstons numbers are rising . abbott is still hesitant about putting tighter measures
    Nah, let's wait until it actually IS bad before doing something to keep it from getting bad.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No way that will be the last one. There's probably gonna be a mini-apocalypse in nursing homes that isn't going to be reported in a timely manner.
    Well, they won't turn the gd heat down in those places. It's like a Dutch oven in there. Everybody is cold and always wanting to eat lunch.

Christ!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT: Link

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/u...sing-home.html
    Damn that's on the southeast side. I'm like 5-10 mins from there. Been there a bunch of times back when I was a pizza delivery driver.

Thread Information