Page 353 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2533033433493503513523533543553563573634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 40770
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You know they lying when they said this was a "precautionary" step.
    True, I was just hoping against hope.

Grim business.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Link? If that's true this guy is RIP city.

I feel for the pregnant wife. Stupid head put her in an impossible situation.
    This may incite the old man to go into isolation, run it from the WH rumpus room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this distance traveled is re ed. It's 4 miles round trip for me to get a loaf of bread at Valero. HEB is a 22 mile trip for me.

It must be based on when some local official decreed a lockdown policy. No way people aren't traveling at least 2 miles in all those areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there's any conspiracy. It's just odd to me that some people seem mad when reality turns out better than model projections.
    I was actually wrong regarding the Imperial model when they downgraded to 20K. I thought Ferguson was "hedging," because he initially got the CFR (based on Wuhan) drastically wrong, but his model (for the UK) was 500K worst case, 20K with social distancing and stay-at-home, and 5600 with Wuhan style lockdown. There's exponential growth but also exponential reduction.

The aggravating thing here is that when we do achieve below 100K deaths (I think we will), the "Wingnuts" will play up the conspiracy angle that this pandemic was overhyped by the MSM to hurt their king, but the reason we will achieve below 100K is because of the concerted effort of millions of Americans to socially distance, stay home, practice good hygiene, etc. And it's unfortunate that "credit" will be lost, a credit that should bring us together as a nation, all Americans working together to reduce spread and thus deaths. But no, the wingnuts will go with the conspiracy angle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seen it at 20%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add in the economic deaths and it will be millions for sure. Sub Sahara africa will starve if they dont get killed by the boogievirus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there's any conspiracy. It's just odd to me that some people seem mad when reality turns out better than model projections.
    I don't think there's a conspiracy either, however, some people seem really keen in somehow 'proving' that not doing anything, or next to nothing, would've resulted in the same outcomes, and apparently dumbing down how models work is a good target on that mission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring the introduction of a kickass vaccine worldwide this bug is here to stay and the pandemics will just keep coming in waves. 1 million deaths is totally possible.
    A workable treatment is probably closer than a vaccine at this point. Will be easier to loose restrictions once we have at least that. Agree otherwise.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chris is our finest soldier.

God bless you, Chris.

Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was actually wrong regarding the Imperial model when they downgraded to 20K. I thought Ferguson was "hedging," because he initially got the CFR (based on Wuhan) drastically wrong, but his model (for the UK) was 500K worst case, 20K with social distancing and stay-at-home, and 5600 with Wuhan style lockdown. There's exponential growth but also exponential reduction.

The aggravating thing here is that when we do achieve below 100K deaths (I think we will), the "Wingnuts" will play up the conspiracy angle that this pandemic was overhyped by the MSM to hurt their king, but the reason we will achieve below 100K is because of the concerted effort of millions of Americans to socially distance, stay home, practice good hygiene, etc. And it's unfortunate that "credit" will be lost, a credit that should bring us together as a nation, all Americans working together to reduce spread and thus deaths. But no, the wingnuts will go with the conspiracy angle.

There will be conspira s out there, regardless of the outcome.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think there's a conspiracy either, however, some people seem really keen in somehow 'proving' that not doing anything, or next to nothing, would've resulted in the same outcomes, and apparently dumbing down how models work is a good target on that mission.
    These people are grudging because the old man pimped it from the start. He got word that it was a winner & flew with it on that assurance.

These people would rather cut off their nose to spite their face than give the old man kudos.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There will be conspira s out there, regardless of the outcome.
    Darrin is our 2nd finest solider.

God bless you, Darrin.

Darrin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's something the world knows about hydroxychloroquine is that it's definitely not a cure for covid...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Trump ultimately fires Fauci....

Not gonna be a great look for him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If there's something the world knows about hydroxychloroquine is that it's definitely not a cure for covid...
    El is a wet blanket and needs a box with 5 handles.

El

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiger tests positive for coronavirus at Bronx Zoo, first known case in the world
    The big cat is the first known case of a non-domesticated animal with COVID-19 symptoms—and is one of seven sick tigers at the New York zoo.

https://apple.news/AI33kHYQ5SuixAljdac4QvA

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tiger tests positive for coronavirus at Bronx Zoo, first known case in the world
    The big cat is the first known case of a non-domesticated animal with COVID-19 symptoms—and is one of seven sick tigers at the New York zoo.

https://apple.news/AI33kHYQ5SuixAljdac4QvA
    picky likes to sniff his mother's balloon knot.

picky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, that would be difficult to prove, since we did far from nothing.

I guess we could see how things play out in Sweden.

I don't think anyone is suggesting "dumbing down how models work". I would suggest we examine the assumptions and inputs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Treatments are not cures.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add in the economic deaths and it will be millions for sure. Sub Sahara africa will starve if they dont get killed by the boogievirus.
    You can rebuild an economy, you can't resurrect lives. And yeah, I know the "suicides go up" during a recession/depression argument, but they didn't seem to go up during the Great Recession. Ironically, suicides are at a recent high.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vi...deaths_USA.png

We saw the first e mid-07, and it's been on a linear growth path ever since. Addiction rates are also at recent highs. And all this WITH supposedly the "greatest US economy of all-time."

So it's something else that's primary driving the hopelessness and depression. There's been pretty strong correlations of the rise of social media and the rise of suicides, especially among young people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he can prescribe it, his patient just can't fill it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Treatments are not cures.
    Exactly

Thread Information