Page 368 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2683183583643653663673683693703713723784184688681368 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 40770
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    India just dealt a massive blow to Trump’s promotion of unproven COVID-19 drug

India has now cut off all its exports of hydroxychloroquine, which is particularly troublesome given that

the United States receives roughly half its supply of the drug from India.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/india-may-have-dealt-a-massive-blow-to-trumps-plan-to-fight-covid-19-with-unproven-malaria-drug/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, I’m standing outside waiting in line at Trader Joe’s and the bums are using it as an opportunity to aggressively panhandle. These ers should be rounded up.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    India just dealt a massive blow to Trump’s promotion of unproven COVID-19 drug

India has now cut off all its exports of hydroxychloroquine, which is particularly troublesome given that

the United States receives roughly half its supply of the drug from India.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/india-may-have-dealt-a-massive-blow-to-trumps-plan-to-fight-covid-19-with-unproven-malaria-drug/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some hydroxy caveats.

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status...433792/photo/1

Not trying to be pessimist here, but this probably works like any other drugs, efficacy in some patients, useless/dangerous in others. <<<That is what Fauci is getting at. We can't just christen it a universal treatment until clinical trials are done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to inform ya scrah, but once you hit that peak, it sustains ~15 days. I'm not convinced there's not one more e before peak though, weekend reporting numbers are always funny.
    There are 3 possibilities once we hit the apex.

1. We hit the peak, we take a precipitously drop and see numbers drop dramatically at same time.
    2. Meet apex then plateau for days, seeing new cases but staying steady and not increase.
    3. Much like the first option but this one is a lot more steeper then a drop.

Per Cuomo. 2:03

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, I’m standing outside waiting in line at Trader Joe’s and the bums are using it as an opportunity to aggressively panhandle. These ers should be rounded up.
    You're waiting to get in because they're only letting so many in at a time, Will?

How long have you waited so far?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big pharma-funded group founded by billionaire Trump backer tied to president’s promotion of malaria drug for COVID-19

a top Trump backer’s advocacy group, fueled with funds from Big Pharma,

“has been pushing Trump to approve the use of hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID-19.”

Home Depot founder and billionaire right wing activist Bernie Marcus founded the non-profit group Job Creators Network,

which works for right wing causes including lower taxes, less regulations, and so-called “free-market solutions.”

the pharmaceutical industry has funded Marcus’ Job Creators Network, which

“has been pushing” Trump “to make the drug available.”

“On March 26, Job Creators Network, a conservative dark money nonprofit,

launched
    a pe ion,

a series of
    Facebook ads, and

a blast
    text message campaign

calling on Trump to ‘cut the red tape’ and immediately make hydroxychloroquine available to treat patients,”

The pe ion is a collaboration with the Koch Brothers funded group Physicians for Reform.

“There is clear and ever-mounting evidence that the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine can significantly help patients who contract coronavirus,” the pe ion states, despite the lack of rigorous clinical testing.

Job Creators Network has been funded by
    Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)

a drug industry trade that counts among its members leading hydroxychloroquine makers
    Novartis,
    Teva Pharmaceuticals, and
    Bayer.

According to tax do ents, PhRMA donated $500,000 to Job Creators Network in 2017.

Those three companies could make millions if not billions if hydroxychloroquine were found to be a cure for COVID-19.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/big...-for-covid-19/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Some hydroxy caveats.

Not trying to be pessimist here, but this probably works like any other drugs, efficacy in some patients, useless/dangerous in others. <<<That is what Fauci is getting at. We can't just christen it a universal treatment until clinical trials are done.
    Fine, leave it up to the patientPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a recent study published in the FMJ referencing HCQ and its efficacy tx CV-19:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...858?via%3Dihub

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The disposable Go2Vent can be set up within minutes and discarded after use by a single patient. It can be operated on a compressor and could provide ventilatory support for up to 30 days."

"The companies aim to produce 150,000 to 200,000 devices a month by June and could produce as many as 1 million ventilators in the coming months. They project making 40,000 ventilators this month alone. The Go2Vent is already FDA approved, has been on the market for years, doesn’t require electricity and is relatively inexpensive."

"Xerox plans to charge hospitals approximately $120 per unit."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ators-n1177551

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some hydroxy caveats.

vision? I read it can cause macular degeneration

the list of known side effects is VERY long

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fine, leave it up to the patientPERIOD
    Dale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a recent study published in the FMJ referencing HCQ and its efficacy tx CV-19:

The "hope" here is the qualifier "severe." Maybe it has greater efficacy with mild cases in preventing them from growing to severe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here's one that shows more promise; its an immunosuppressive drug for tx RA:

https://www.cancernetwork.com/news/f...d-19-pneumonia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's one that shows more promise; its an immunosuppressive drug for tx RA:

https://www.cancernetwork.com/news/f...d-19-pneumonia
    hopefully we'll get one of these treatments to hit the jackpot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we've got the same thing with lines outside of Trader Joes... but honestly i dont mind the tradeoff. the thing i've always hated most about them as how congested the aisles are and how packed the store is. it's been much nicer last couple of weeks, even if i have to stand outside for 5-10 min

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox guest describes malaria drug as 'quack cure' for coronavirus

"That is nonsense, complete and utter nonsense," Access Health International Chairman William Haseltine said

Haseltine said that it was "sad" to see

people in positions of authority promoting usage of the drug without sufficient tests for its effectiveness.

"In any situation, there are always going to be people who promote one kind of quack cure or another, and there are Lazarus effects. In every epidemic I’ve ever looked at, that is the case,"

"It is not something to take unless a doctor prescribes it,"

the drug has side effects that could be dangerous to some people.

health experts say has not been proved to treat the coronavirus.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...or-coronavirus

Heckuva job, Donny (who's paying you to sell snake oil?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing that the subways in NY are still jam packed every day, I don’t see why people think we’re already at the top. Imo we’re going to see 1k+ deaths per day for the whole month of April and if we’re lucky it slows down in May.
    What we have to hope for here is that upper bound of undiagnosed cases is true, some believe it could be 50x-100x greater than the confirmed case count. If 50x is the case, as many as 6 million New Yorkers had/have it, which means they'll reach a herd immunity relatively quickly and the case and death rates will exponentially plummet over the next month or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "hope" here is the qualifier "severe." Maybe it has greater efficacy with mild cases in preventing them from growing to severe?
    According to the study, pts under study presented with mild s/s and 85% were afebrile (one of the major signs of the disease)--this suggest that pts would have likely cleared the disease naturally and without intervention.

Dr Fauci is right on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully we'll get one of these treatments to hit the jackpot.
    2-5 months is what we're hoping for...but it looks promising.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You're waiting to get in because they're only letting so many in at a time, Will?

How long have you waited so far?
    Waited about ~10 minutes. As SR said once you get in it’s fine. Shelves are fully stocked and there isn’t the congestion you typically see. The grimy aggressive homeless people who want to walk up closely to you are awful though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 3 possibilities once we hit the apex.

1. We hit the peak, we take a precipitously drop and see numbers drop dramatically at same time.
    2. Meet apex then plateau for days, seeing new cases but staying steady and not increase.
    3. Much like the first option but this one is a lot more steeper then a drop.

Per Cuomo. 2:03
    Trust me. It's #2. It has happened over and over, I've been living through it. You hit peak, you bounce between the 3-day moving average at 30% up and down for 2-3 weeks.

The huge backlog in NY/NJ, that's the real statistical unknown and danger

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Some hydroxy caveats.

you just want Trump to lose
    /SnakeBoy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-5 months is what we're hoping for...but it looks promising.
    That’s the one I posted about yesterday and agree of what’s been talked about looks the most promising. Just the fact it’s in phase III is encouraging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read that one weeks ago! Need one on the new virus.

Thread Information