Page 397 of 706 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 17630
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna have to post the "hope the medicine works" disclaimer somewhere in this thread too
    See if we can get a sign-on thread stickied to the top so they don't forget.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

Statement on IJAA paper

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial (Gautret P et al. PMID 32205204)

ISAC shares the concerns regarding the above article published recently in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (IJAA). The ISAC Board believes the article does not meet the Society’s expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety.

Despite some suggestions online as to the reliability of the article's peer review process, the process did adhere to the industry's peer review rules. Given his role as Editor in Chief of this journal, Jean-Marc Rolain had no involvement in the peer review of the manuscript and has no access to information regarding its peer review. Full responsibility for the manuscript's peer review process was delegated to an Associate Editor.

Although ISAC recognises it is important to help the scientific community by publishing new data fast, this cannot be at the cost of reducing scientific scrutiny and best practices. Both Editors in Chief of our journals (IJAA and Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance) are in full agreement.

Andreas Voss
    ISAC President

https://www.isac.world/news-and-publ...isac-statement

I mean all the problems were apparent right off the bat. It should have had a caveat every time it was cited or mentioned.
    Hadn't seen that.

So they didn't retract the study, thanks.

Do you believe Doctor's should be using the treatment with informed consent (the parallel track approach)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The red tape and "I'm not signing it" approach the government uses even during a crisis is why I never want them in charge of healthcare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hadn't seen that.

So they didn't retract the study, thanks.
    True, they just on it. You're welcome.

Do you believe Doctor's should be using the treatment with informed consent (the parallel track approach)?
    I believe studies should be better than that one. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert or make recommendations to researchers. I hope it works out for the patients, doctors, Trump and your ego. I would like nothing better than your saying I told you so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe studies should be better than that one. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert or make recommendations to researchers. I hope it works out for the patients, doctors, Trump and your ego. I would like nothing better than your saying I told you so.
    That's a dodge. Better studies are underway but they take time.

Yes or No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The red tape and "I'm not signing it" approach the government uses even during a crisis is why I never want them in charge of healthcare.
    Yeah because full tilt capitalist healthcare approach has been super

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you have a couple questions pending. Why don't you answer those before you accuse anyone of dodging anything. Thanks in advance.
    Better studies are underway but they take time.
    As they should. This one was horrible and didn't merit the hype you put on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a dodge. Better studies are underway but they take time.

Yes or No
    You're asking a non-doctor his opinion on what doctors should be using.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a doctor in the family! I'm just as qualified as anyone!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because full tilt capitalist healthcare approach has been super
    Look at public lab testing vs private. You tell me who's more capable - highly skilled career minded folks or quota fillers who make less than a clerk at HEB and basically are looking for the time/age retirement exit? Public labs are lagging behind because they have a ton of red tape, which wouldn't go away in a national HC system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you have a couple questions pending.
    You have thousands pending

This one is pretty simple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you interjecting? Can't Chumpy handle himself?

The question is legit. Chumpy can simply answer "I don't have an opinion on it" or "I am not qualified to give an opinion on it".

Besides, doctors don't make the decisions on what the FDA decides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have thousands pending

This one is pretty simple
    As was mine for you.

Still waiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a doctor in the family! I'm just as qualified as anyone!
    Chumpy folds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you interjecting? Can't Chumpy handle himself?

The question is legit. Chumpy can simply answer "I don't have an opinion on it" or "I am not qualified to give an opinion on it".

Besides, doctors don't make the decisions on what the FDA decides.
    Thank you for your concern. Have you figured it out yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you couldn't figure it out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at public lab testing vs private. You tell me who's more capable - highly skilled career minded folks or quota fillers who make less than a clerk at HEB and basically are looking for the time/age retirement exit? Public labs are lagging behind because they have a ton of red tape, which wouldn't go away in a national HC system.
    They think this crisis makes a good case for all of healthcare to be run by a central govt bureaucracy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for your concern. Have you figured it out yet?
    "It should have had a caveat every time it was cited or mentioned."

You can give an opinion on this but not on the other because you're not a doctor?

Yes it should be an option. People get ing chemo and radiation treatments and those don't do the body good. All options should be available to the doctor as off-label. It should be between the care provider and the patient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It should have had a caveat every time it was cited or mentioned."

You can give an opinion on this but not on the other because you're not a doctor?
    Yep. High school student could see the holes in that study. Did you see them?

Yes it should be an option. People get ing chemo and radiation treatments and those don't do the body good. All options should be available to the doctor as off-label.
    Great. Aren't they already doing that? What are we arguing here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. High school student could see the holes in that study. Did you see them?
    You cannot answer a simple question because you're not a doctor but you're qualified to peer review a medical study. Got it.
    Great. Aren't they already doing that? What are we arguing here?
    You were asked a simple question and you started stuttering and mumbling , then your lap dog shows up barking and nipping at Snakeboy's ankles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cannot answer a simple question because you're not a doctor but you're qualified to peer review a medical study. Got it.
    I'm not a peer. You're really bad at definitions.

You were asked a simple question and you started stuttering and mumbling , then your lap dog shows up barking and nipping at Snakeboy's ankles.
    What are we arguing here? Do I agree with what's already happening all over the world? When have I objected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They think this crisis makes a good case for all of healthcare to be run by a central govt bureaucracy
    Look what a fantastic job they do. There would be nothing better than having your surgeries cancelled because the politicians are holding up the process to get pork spending passed on a bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a peer. You're really bad at definitions.

What are we arguing here?
    You're really bad at getting out of corners after painting yourself into them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're really bad at getting out of corners after painting yourself into them.
    You never said what you're arguing here.

What are you arguing here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you mean using it now while we study it? I'm OK with that. I'll defer to the doctors judgement on that, though. I honestly don't know when the side effects are applicable. I just don't want the president talking about it.
    You never said what you're arguing here.

What are you arguing here?
    See how Manny responded and he's also not a doctor?

You're really good at dumbing things down. Real pro.

Thread Information