Page 40 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CDC test sucks. They don't use the same test the WHO uses.

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...-covid-19-test
    I knew there was a cluster but not thus big and this long a cluster .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew there was a cluster but not thus big and this long a cluster .
    I'm going with thoughts and prayers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going with thoughts and prayers.
    Dont forget Pence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What country would you like to copy?
    - drive thru testing from Korea
    - infection notification app that tells everyone of new infevtions and locations where infected recently visited from korea
    - infection of country leadership from Iran
    - Pizza from Italy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - drive thru testing from Korea
    - infection notification app that tells everyone of new infevtions and locations where infected recently visited from korea
    What good would that do? Nowhere in the world has stopped it. It cannot be stopped.

If it were possible to stop a virus as infectious as influenza then we would have eradicated influenza

Until a vaccine is developed it will continue to spread unless we get lucky and it follows a seasonal pattern like other respiratory viruses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What good would that do? Nowhere in the world has stopped it. It cannot be stopped.

If it were possible to stop a virus as infectious as influenza then we would have eradicated influenza

Until a vaccine is developed it will continue to spread unless we get lucky and it follows a seasonal pattern like other respiratory viruses.
    vaccine wont work as it mutates to different strains like the flu

only hope is hold out until summer, I think it would subside then for a while. gain some time basically and what I listed would give us some time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vaccine wont work as it mutates to different strains like the flu

only hope is hold out until summer, I think it would subside then for a while. gain some time basically and what I listed would give us some time
    More important thing is therapies for serious cases to lower mortality. I've already posted the info on the two existing drugs that show great promise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What country would you like to copy?
    Not any particular country, just astounded how badly this one has fumbled the ball.

More testing. S Korea has tested over one hundred thousand people, our government has scrubbed testing figures, even though that might make the US diagnosed/fatality rate look BETTER. It's hard to know what to do absent testing, but at least our government could level with us and put public health professionals front and center, instead of CYA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, this one is better contained than h1n1. One in six Americans were hit with h1n1.
    Never saw that stat, never really heard of any panic whenever that happened, and definitely never got any of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not any particular country, just astounded how badly this one has fumbled the ball.

More testing. S Korea has tested over one hundred thousand people, our government has scrubbed testing figures, even though that might make the US diagnosed/fatality rate look BETTER. It's hard to know what to do absent testing, but at least our government could level with us and put public health professionals front and center, instead of CYA.
    My theory is the president, who has taken control over all of the federal government bodies tasked with public health, doesn’t want to incite a panic which would tank the economy (which would risk his re election) the more people stay home and . He wants people to act normally and not get tested en masse, taking the risk that people who develop severe symptoms may not present themselves to the hospital in time to save their lives. Unfortunately that could backfire, as even though there would technically be fewer positive test results (due to suppressing testing to only the sickest), people who are not as symptomatic may be spreading it further due to not ever being tested.

Anecdotally, I was at Starbucks a few days ago where the baristas were talking about another barista who didn’t want to go home when she was already sick. Likely because she didn’t have sick leave or wouldn’t get paid or was afraid of losing her job. The service sector and anyone with a not so great job may suffer the worst and spread this the most here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never saw that stat, never really heard of any panic whenever that happened, and definitely never got any of it
    "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that swine flu infected nearly
    61 million people in the United States and

caused 12,469 deaths.

Worldwide, up to 575,400 people died from
    pandemic swine flu."

https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-h1n1-swine-flu-770496

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've all fumbled the ball if that's how you want to look at it. I'm not surprised you would since you politicize the weather too.

There was a brief period when this virus could have been stopped. China failed, the rest of the world might as well be trying to stop the wind at this point.

Remdesivir is being rushed through CDC clinical trials and is reportedly showing good efficacy. Chloroquine as well (in China and elsewhere) and also showing good efficacy. As soon as the mortality rate drops off you can move onto something else to add to your list of grievances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. House passes, sends to Senate, $8.3 billion bill to battle coronavirus

the House voted 415-2 on the bill just hours after negotiators unveiled its contents.

Matt Gaetz, ... compared the House chamber to a “petri dish” for incubating germs.

“We all fly in these dirty airports,

we touch and selfie everyone we meet and

then we congregate together,”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...litics+News%29

and if Gaetz does all that stuff with infected people, he will get infected. Maybe his immune system is fatally weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't be contained
    Poor choice of words on my part. I hope it is less widespread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My theory is the president, who has taken control over all of the federal government bodies tasked with public health, doesn’t want to incite a panic which would tank the economy (which would risk his re election) the more people stay home and . He wants people to act normally and not get tested en masse, taking the risk that people who develop severe symptoms may not present themselves to the hospital in time to save their lives. Unfortunately that could backfire, as even though there would technically be fewer positive test results (due to suppressing testing to only the sickest), people who are not as symptomatic may be spreading it further due to not ever being tested.

Anecdotally, I was at Starbucks a few days ago where the baristas were talking about another barista who didn’t want to go home when she was already sick. Likely because she didn’t have sick leave or wouldn’t get paid or was afraid of losing her job. The service sector and anyone with a not so great job may suffer the worst and spread this the most here.
    Profits and property before people, that's the American way.

Who can afford to take off work to self-quarantine for two weeks? Most Americans don't have 500 dollars in savings, ~60 percent live paycheck to paycheck. Missing work means risking your job and a place to live. For the uninsured, so does gettong sick. Mike Pence underscored the absurdity today: only for those with health insurance or eligible for Medicare/Medicaid will the cost of any eventual screening test be covered. Those most likely to spread the disease will be SOL.

The almost complete lack of testing and containment practically insures we qon't know the extent of the pandemic until people start going to hospitals with severe systems. The impact on hospitals and ERs could sideline a lot of doctors and nurses at the worst poasible time. The UC-Davis hospital had to quarantine something like 90 doctors and nurses from contact with one patient.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 03-04-2020 at 09:09 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can't be that bad...Comedians are permitted to joke about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is not only on Trump

Germany and France have a lot more cases than US and they are also opting to say it let the country still run and let everyone get the virus

the handlers of the world have decided this as not to obliterate the economies

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That kind of makes sense. If the virus has not replicated that much in your body it may be difficult for a swab to detect it in sufficient quan y.
    a person has symptoms on day 1, which would say there'e plenty of virus throughout, then still has to wait 4 days for testing.

if a reliable covid-18 tests were widely available, I doubt there would be such reticence to test.

As with the Houston case, they presume, but don't know since they can't test locally but must sent to CDC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with any luck it gets to Bibi

didnt Trump and Pence attend this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The almost complete lack of testing
    Pence just said today that as early as Friday testing will be available via private labs such as Quest & Labcorp, that's in addition to the kits CDC is sending out to every one. Every physician will soon be able to order a test for anyone the suspect has it.

Ya'll are going to have to find a new thing to whine about.

Fauci also said they latest data from China, Korea, Italy confirms that serious cases are elderly and those with underlying health problems. They are focusing efforts on protecting those vulnerable groups. Those not at high risk will be advised to stay home with their cold and use common sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pence just said today that as early as Friday testing will be available via private labs such as Quest & Labcorp, that's in addition to the kits CDC is sending out to every one. Every physician will soon be able to order a test for anyone the suspect has it.

Ya'll are going to have to find a new thing to whine about.

Fauci also said they latest data from China, Korea, Italy confirms that serious cases are elderly and those with underlying health problems. They are focusing efforts on protecting those vulnerable groups. Those not at high risk will be advised to stay home with their cold and use common sense.
    I'm having a hard time believing Pence. That's a lot of labs to stock basically overnight. Is it the CDC test or the WHO test?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm having a hard time believing Pence. That's a lot of labs to stock basically overnight. Is it the CDC test or the WHO test?
    CDC test is 95%+ accurate. WHO test 75%

lol thinking the UN is the bestest

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously how are you people looking at China, Korea, Italy, Iran and thinking they're so much better than us?

Thread Information