Page 439 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3393894294354364374384394404414424434494895399391439 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,975 of 40782
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What this Yahoo report and the other media reports totally leave out is Fauchis later response where he says in response to one questioner: “not once did the President not follow my recommendations as soon as I asked him to do so. Fauchi said the President always followed his immediate recommendations and requests. The media, including Yahoo, leaves that out that was asked and discussed in Monday’s Task Force briefing of April 13, 2020. Start telling the truth and maybe the Nation will start reading and listening to the media.
    Less
    ducks, a hero, a genuine stalwart in the finest traditions. Plying his terrible swift sword in all it's glory.

God bless ya, son.

When we're low, when we're dragging ass, getting our wrecked, ducks, or, one of the other of our finest bring forth the standard once & again & we're made whole as before.

ducks

ducks

ducks

You big, beautiful waterfowl, you!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An employer, 100 people furloughed now all coming back.

How does he know all 100 are not infected but symptomless victims TODAY?

How does he know none of them will not become symptomlessly infected in the following days?

What if a few get very sick, are off work for weeks, get fired, and even die, the employer still thinks "re-opening" his company was good idea, a success?
    What if you got in your car to go to McDonald's and got in a tragic wreck that killed you? Do you think that was a good idea?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying "let young people get back to work" isn't the same as letting everyone that is part of the workforce get back to work. Of course they won't be "itching to get back to work" because they are more at risk and that's why they proposed letting "young people" get back to work
    So your going with let the young people get infected.
    Before testing.

That way when the young people who get their groceries, visit their parents, go back to their children who are not in school...
    So just get as many young people infected as possible.

GB wanted to try this.
    It failed early enough so they pulled back.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well done. That is officially a pwn. Nathan89 glommed on to something that fit his confirmation bias, and did not apply critical thinking skills to what he read.

That is what critical thinking looks like.

Nathan, the stuff you post here routinely gets shredded like this.

What does that say to you about the things you think are real or valid?
    Posting stuff doesn't mean anything.

I didn't latch on to anything. I've posted something.

What is my "confirmation bias"? At what point have I've downplayed this virus?

Most of mid's response is countering "implications" that I disagree with.

In the future spare me of your childish input.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before testing.

That way when the young people who get their groceries, visit their parents, go back to their children who are not in school...

GB wanted to try this.
    I thought we discussed this over a month ago. We already know that many who get sick were doing everything right, but were infected by those who brought it home. This is why this is likely to fail at some point without the massive increase in testing AND a robust, working tracking system.

Not sure why some still don't get this yet.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before testing.

GB wanted to try this.
    I didn't suggest anything. I pointed out the irrelevance of pointing out "I'm sure these old workers are itching to get back to work" in response to "let young people get back to work".

In such a scenario the elderly are not supposed to come in contact with their children and grandchildren that are not isolated.

GB did herd immunity from what I've seen but I could be wrong. This isn't herd immunity. Well it is but it's controlled herd immunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thailand records it's first case of Covid contracted from a dead body.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we discussed this over a month ago. We already know that many who get sick were doing everything right, but were infected by those who brought it home. This is why this is likely to fail at some point without the massive increase in testing AND a robust, working tracking system.

Not sure why some still don't get this yet.
    If they live with people going out all the time then they are not "doing everything right".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they live with people going out all the time then they are not "doing everything right".
    Okay. They should move out on the spot.

More out of touch comments from Nate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying "let young people get back to work" isn't the same as letting everyone that is part of the workforce get back to work. Of course they won't be "itching to get back to work" because they are more at risk and that's why they proposed letting "young people" get back to work
    As previously mentioned, without mass testing and social tracing, it isn't safe to send even "just the young folks" back to work.

Do you think adequate testing and social tracing will be in place in two weeks?

If so, what makes you think so?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As previously mentioned, without mass testing and social tracing, it isn't safe to send even "just the young folks" back to work.

Those dumb, immunocompromised/ at risk need to just lift themselves up by their bootstraps and just move out if they live with an essential worker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't get the "just the young folks back to work" emphasis. If we send young people back to work without adequate testing/tracing, we put everyone in danger again, because the young are the most likely to be asymptomatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the "just the young folks back to work" emphasis. If we send young people back to work without adequate testing/tracing, we put everyone in danger again, because the young are the most likely to be asymptomatic.
    All it takes is one infected object at home after catching it on your commute back, for example. Even Cuomo just said this has the potential to fail in a week without the right systems in place first.

It isn't realistic to place blame on people who get sick while at home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No. We are not trying this strategy currently so most haven't given it any thought. One major step would be self segregating with friends and family over a certain age. There are many other tactics that can be taken. Admittedly the strategy is difficult but it actually works long-term and what we are currently doing doesn't work.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't suggest anything. I pointed out the irrelevance of pointing out "I'm sure these old workers are itching to get back to work" in response to "let young people get back to work".

In such a scenario the elderly are not supposed to come in contact with their children and grandchildren that are not isolated.

GB did herd immunity from what I've seen but I could be wrong. This isn't herd immunity. Well it is but it's controlled herd immunity.
    No its not controlled.
    Thats the point.
    You think that its controlled because you are letting young people go to work (but without any idea if they carry the virus.)

I want to people back to work as badly as any Trump supporter like you.
    But these ideas you are throwing out already have a high probability of NOT working. And we know why.
    In a perfect world at present everyone would be tested and tracked (a problem in itself; some sort of anonymity)
    We would know who needs to stay home and quarantined.
    Then we await a vaccine (that is effective)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. We are not trying this strategy currently so most haven't given it any thought. One major step would be self segregating with friends and family over a certain age. There are many other tactics that can be taken. Admittedly the strategy is difficult but it actually works long-term and what we are currently doing doesn't work.
    But you just said those who got sick at home weren't doing everything right. You want to place blame without a realistic strategy in place, or a system that actually makes the strategy work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the thing, letting young people get back to work won't save the economy or even boost it in any meaningful way. A huge portion of the workforce is over 40, and people over 40 in the US aren't in the best of shape. So I'm unsure of what "letting the young and healthy" getting back to work is supposed to achieve? Most of them are probably already working, either in essential grocery, fast food, healthcare jobs, or can work from home, since younger people tend to have jobs in tech. Young people also feature heavily in food service jobs, but even if "we opened up," that sector isn't going to do anywhere near pre-Covid business since no one will be comfortable crowding restaurants, bars and cafes for awhile.

The path to a wholesale getting back to work is test, test, test and knowing the particulars of this virus down to its last atom. If we find out it has a mortality and hospitalization rate around flu levels and if it's confirmed immunity is guaranteed after getting it, then we can confidently apply a set of strategies to reopen commerce. People with immunity can get back to work and the typical consumer activity of shopping, eating at restaurants, going to bars, theaters, etc. If we find out the virus is no more dangerous than the flu, then people will be comfortable in those crowded social settings. But we don't know much right now.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree we should increase our testing ability first. I doubt we'll have the capabilities in two weeks because testing capacity has stalled. More information from antibody studies is probably the best you'll get in two weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree we should increase our testing ability first. I doubt we'll have the capabilities in two weeks because testing capacity has stalled. More information from antibody studies is probably the best you'll get in two weeks.
    We don't have enough of the anti-body tests either.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For what, Nathan? As soon as you test someone negative "he'd" have to live in an isolated room until the remainder of the 350 Americans tested negative. We'd need in excess of 350 million such rooms.

You ain't gonna have no more take-out, no more drive-thru, no more bending over the old lady once a day. No more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what, Nathan? As soon as you test someone negative "he'd" have to live in an isolated room until the remainder of the 350 Americans tested negative. We'd need in excess of 350 million such rooms.

You ain't gonna have no more take-out, no more drive-thru, no more bending over the old lady once a day. No more.
    Finally some logic from you. I'm so proud, Cubs.

Cubs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We don't have enough of the anti-body tests either.
    "We don't have enough of..."

Blah, blah, blah, you in' cry baby, you. Whiner!!!

addendum:::I didn't mean it. I thought you were clammy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Finally some logic from you. I'm so proud, Cubs.

Cubs
    Uh, oh, I just slammed you and I come and see you citing me.

SOB!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, oh, I just slammed you and I come and see you citing me.

SOB!!!
    Thanks a lot. That hurt, but I'm still on the high from a sensible post from ya', so I'll let it go this time.

Thread Information