Page 459 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3594094494554564574584594604614624634695095599591459 ... LastLast
Results 11,451 to 11,475 of 40782
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the right of others to that "pursuit of happiness" thing?

Here's the issue right now. We do have many risks in day-to-day life, and some of those consequences do wind up being socialized. We'll use the flu as an example. We gather in crowds, shake hands, go to restaurants, go to work when sick, share food, etc, etc despite the risk of catching or passing on the flu. And why is this behavior allowed during flu season but not now? Because we have a "social contract" in the case of the flu due to our familiarity with it and the cost/benefit tradeoff of overreacting to the flu every season or just going on about life as usual in the face of that risk. We agree to this because it's best for our collective "pursuit of happiness."

With Covid, we do not yet have that consensus social contract, primarily due to the unfamiliarity with the virus. Right now, we intuitively believe it's worse than flu by an unknown factor, so the consensus social contract at the moment is to limit its spread by staying-at-home. These babies throwing their tantrum are potentially infringing upon that right to life, liberty (a sick or dead person doesn't have much/any liberty), and pursuit of happiness of others. What if there's a super spreader who gets that whole group sick? They in turn flood their small local hospital. Meanwhile, someone who is an essential worker gets it, severely. They go to that small hospital, but the ICU beds are occupied by the babies who threw their freedumb protest?

What then? We could argue, "well, that's the risk of living for you," if we had a social contract in this case. But in Covid's case, we do not.
    They'll need to be extra cautious and stay at home as much as possible in their "pursuit of happiness".

Mainstream narrative has spent years demonizing these people and now expect a social contract to be agreed upon. Turns out that calling everyone a racist, attacking people on a regular basis for apparel, demonizing highschool kids for smirking, etc doesn't make for a very agreeable person when it comes to creating a social contract. Perhaps all these people trying to "pursue happiness" should have thought of that.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast theyre wearing masks,tbh
    Socially distanced themselves from all the females in the city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll need to be extra cautious and stay at home as much as possible in their "pursuit of happiness".

Mainstream narrative has spent years demonizing those people and now expects a social contract to be agreed upon. Turns out that calling everyone a racist, attacking people on a regular basis for apparel, demonizing highschool kids for smirking, etc doesn't make for a very agreeable person when it comes to creating a social contract. Perhaps all these people trying to "pursue happiness" should have thought of that.
    You get to be oppressed by proxy tho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's with the in' guns

Damn, and I was just spoofing about Cletus wanting to shoot that there vy-rus with his gun
    Let's let these geniuses loose!

I wouldn't sweat it if state police unloads on these wits.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's let these geniuses loose!

I wouldn't sweat it if state police unloads on these wits.
    High IQ plan right here. Thanks for letting us know how a real genius thinks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High IQ plan right here. Thanks for letting us know how a real genius thinks.
    What plan? I'm just giving my unvarnished opinion. Fighting fire with fire is what these people want, no? Why the guns then?

My money is on the police here. GO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mainstream narrative has spent years demonizing these people and now expect a social contract to be agreed upon. Turns out that calling everyone a racist, attacking people on a regular basis for apparel, demonizing highschool kids for smirking, etc doesn't make for a very agreeable person when it comes to creating a social contract. Perhaps all these people trying to "pursue happiness" should have thought of that.
    What's a pandemic have to do with any of that? This isn't a "left or right" issue, and the health risks have nothing to do with Liberal media bias. The stats are there for anyone to look at. If some Trumper, who thinks this "is just the flu" wants to see for himself, he can easily compare hospitalization rates in New York for flu season and now. He'll see 18K for the flu over 6 months and 42K in 2 months for Covid. And how does the fact we have no immunity to this virus have a "liberal bias?" That should be common sense. Things we have no immunity for are serious business, even if the mortality rate might wind up being lower than viruses we have immunity to because the no immunity virus can simply infect a ton of more people.

I haven't watched A SINGLE minute of CNN, MSNBC, etc coverage on this. Nor does the Trumper need to. The black-and-white statistics are easy to find. You don't need the CNN man or FOX man to tell you anything.

I spoke about this ITT earlier. The problem is the Trumper reflexively frames EVERYTHING into some cultural war vs. his liberal enemy. They perceive the Covid situation and the response to be "liberal thing," for some reason, maybe because a Liberal state was the first to lockdown.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's a pandemic have to do with any of that? This isn't a "left or right" issue, and the health risks have nothing to do with Liberal media bias. The stats are there for anyone to look at. If some Trumper, who thinks this "is just the flu" wants to see for himself, he can easily compare hospitalization rates in New York for flu season and now. He'll see 18K for the flu over 6 months and 42K in 2 months for Covid. And how does the fact we have no immunity to this virus have a "liberal bias?" That should be common sense. Things we have no immunity for are serious business, even if the mortality rate might wind up being lower than viruses we have immunity to because the no immunity virus can simply infect a ton of more people.

I haven't watched A SINGLE minute of CNN, MSNBC, etc coverage on this. Nor does the Trumper need to. The black-and-white statistics are easy to find. You don't need the CNN man or FOX man to tell you anything.

I spoke about this ITT earlier. The problem is the Trumper reflexively frames EVERYTHING into some cultural war vs. his liberal enemy. They perceive the Covid situation and the response to be "liberal thing," for some reason, maybe because a Liberal state was the first to lockdown.
    The pandemic exists and there are different approaches to go about living during the pandemic. If you spend years attacking people then don't expect them to happily fall in line with your approach. The social contract can't be agreed upon because people get enjoyment over demonizing others. It's unfortunate but they've made their bed.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's with the in' guns

Damn, and I was just spoofing about Cletus wanting to shoot that there vy-rus with his gun
    These photos crack me up since the modern gun control movement was started by Ronald Reagan and the NRA freaking out that scary negroes were carrying rifles at the capitol building in California.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not just the guns but the tac vests, like they would need those too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pandemic exists and there are different approaches to go about living during the pandemic. If you spend years attacking people then don't expect them to happily fall in line with your approach. The social contract can't be agreed upon because people get enjoyment over demonizing others. It's unfortunate but they've made their bed.
    That is some top shelf victimhood you got going there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christian Conservatives don't spoil their children and teach them values that supercede street smarts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orangegutan working hard to kill more americans with his snake oils tbqh

called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When have facts attacked these people? Once again, you're viewing this through the lens of "liberal media." What's preventing a Trumper from looking at the facts at hand and then saying to himself, "You know, this looks serious. I think the lockdown might help."

He perceives this as a liberal thing because he consumes information about this situation through his favorite echo chambers. My argument is he doesn't need an echo chamber because there's plenty of information that just presents the facts as is. But he "gets enjoyment" out of being contrarian toward whatever liberals do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we shoot them?

Just gotta love the irony. Same people saying black lives matter congesting the street ought to be run over because they're creating havoc out there are the same geniuses creating traffic jams and making it impossible for ambulances from getting to their destination.
    Just give each one a notice they will receive no healthcare services related to contracting COVID. Employees fire their sorry asses for endanger the workplace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have zero problems with those demonstrations, tbh... I mean, it actually paints a clear picture that these dumb people are a very, very tiny minority, which is what you would expect, and certainly reassuring.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When have facts attacked these people? Once again, you're viewing this through the lens of "liberal media." What's preventing a Trumper from looking at the facts at hand and then saying to himself, "You know, this looks serious. I think the lockdown might help."

He perceives this as a liberal thing because he consumes information about this situation through his favorite echo chambers. My argument is he doesn't need an echo chamber because there's plenty of information that just presents the facts as is. But he "gets enjoyment" out of being contrarian toward whatever liberals do.
    Perhaps the "Trumper" doesn't agree with the lock down strategy. Perhaps they think there was an overreach in said strategy. Perhaps they disagree with the timing of the implementation of said strategy Perhaps the "Trumper" doesn't like that countless terrible decisions have made this situation worse and now they are forced suffer the consequences.

I suppose this argument works for a small segment of conservatives but overall conservatives consume a lot more information from opposing positions than leftists. That being said I don't know if they perceive this as a "liberal thing". I don't know their motivations at all but I'm sure there are many.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps the "Trumper" doesn't agree with the lock down strategy. Perhaps they think there was an overreach in said strategy. Perhaps they disagree with the timing of the implementation of said strategy Perhaps the "Trumper" doesn't like that countless terrible decisions have made this situation worse and now they are forced suffer the consequences.

I suppose this argument works for a small segment of conservatives but overall conservatives consume a lot more information from opposing positions than leftists. That being said I don't know if they perceive this as a "liberal thing". I don't know their motivations at all but I'm sure there are many.
    uh? how do you even quantify that? If you mean they watch more fox news, then we need to discuss if the term is 'information'...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You think Trump's done everything right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least those wonderful people were kind enough not to wear masks. Hopefully they get easily tracked down and fined.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uh? how do you even quantify that? If you mean they watch more fox news, then we need to discuss if the term is 'information'...
    You think Trump's done everything right.
    You're asking logical questions to some guy who went from Bernie to Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Perhaps the "Trumper" doesn't agree with the lock down strategy.

-Perhaps they think there was an overreach in said strategy.
    And why? Because his echo chamber tells him to through straight out lies or a liberal stretching of the facts.

Perhaps the "Trumper" doesn't like that countless terrible decisions have made this situation worse and now they are forced suffer the consequences.
    What countless terrible decisions? If you're talking about the run up to the pandemic, sure. Terrible decisions were made by Trump, DeBlasio and his health commissioner. The WHO. China. The CDC. Both sides of the political coin ed up here. But right now, the Trumper's complaint has been about the lockdown measures. These measures have not made the situation worse. Social distancing and business closures have been proven pandemic mitigation strategies for over a 100 years. My feeling is the Trumper is just mad because it seems Dem governors are leading the charge in this regard (although a few (R) governors have stepped up to the plate).

The Trumper offers no logical counterargument to this situation aside from "the economy." The Trumper can't handle the fact that normalcy has to change for a year or more, which is why he's throwing his "Freedumb" tantrums.

If he does, it's because he does so to enjoy his own anger and outrage. Happens on the Left, too. It's been known that a big chunk of Rush's audience are his "haters." If the Trumper actually consumed all viewpoints with intellectual honesty, he'd understand why these lockdown measures are justified, and aren't some totalitarian assault on his liberty. But I get it. Gearing up with a tac vest and brandishing your rifle out in the street is a lot more fun, and makes for a great twitter photo op to impress the other rubes.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That is some top shelf victimhood you got going there.
    it's him and derp having to walk into a room full of women

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And why? Because his echo chamber tells him to through straight out lies or a liberal stretching of the facts.

What countless terrible decisions? If you're talking about the run up to the pandemic, sure. Terrible decisions were made by Trump, DeBlasio and his health commissioner. The WHO. China. The CDC. Both sides of the political coin ed up here. But right now, the Trumper's complaint has been about the lockdown measures. These measures have not made the situation worse. Social distancing and business closures have been proven pandemic mitigation strategies for over a 100 years. My feeling is the Trumper is just mad because it seems Dem governors are leading the charge in this regard (although a few (R) governors have stepped up to the plate).

The Trumper offers no logical counterargument to this situation aside from "the economy." The Trumper can't handle the fact that normalcy has to change for a year or more, which is why he's throwing his "Freedumb" tantrums.

If he does, it's because he does so to enjoy his own anger and outrage. Happens on the Left, too. It's been known that a big chunk of Rush's audience are his "haters." If the Trumper actually consumed all viewpoints with intellectual honesty, he'd understand why these lockdown measures are justified, and aren't some totalitarian assault on his liberty. But I get it. Gearing up with a tac vest and brandishing your rifle out in the street is a lot more fun, and makes for a great twitter photo op to impress the other rubes.
    do you think they hear you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have nice things
    Mmmm elk!

Thread Information