Page 466 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3664164564624634644654664674684694704765165669661466 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,650 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr facci said “theres jo miracle cure for this” I kinda agree but hope u r right

but even in best case scenario. it would take about 6 months to finish tests and make enough supply.

we will be in dire situation for a min of 6 months in a best case scenario

many small businesses will die in the meantime and lots of unemployment

a mini great depresion

and thats best case
    He's right. There is no cure and there won't be one for a very long time--just like we don't have a cure for the flu, the common cold, etc. The best we can hope for is herd immunity, a viable vaccine and antivirals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's right. There is no cure and there won't be one for a very long time--just like we don't have a cure for the flu, the common cold, etc. The best we can hope for is herd immunity, a viable vaccine and antivirals.
    Why do you consider a drug that would prevent viral replication not a potential cure? Not saying this definitely does but that is the hypothesis.

As examples Sofosbuvir and ledipasvir which together greatly reduce and then stop the production of new copies of the hepa is C virus.

Further thought remdesivir might save the patient but they might not have immunity similar to hep C patients who can become reinfected. However, studies of COVID have shown that the patient with the more severe cases have had the highest antibody res while mild patients have often had no antibodies present, so with treated patients you could expect to have gained immunity. Much to be proven still about the disease
    Last edited by picnroll; 04-16-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to irony, bro.

Do you realize this unrestricted globalized "free trade" phenomenon is a product of 50 years of Neoliberal/Libertarian thought first popularized by Freidman that put absolute faith the free market's invisible hand to infallibly guide us toward optimal outcomes? Now maybe you'll understand that an unceasing motivation toward maximizing profit at any cost is fundamentally incompatible with certain things. In health care's case, the profit motive is incompatible with the concept of "do no harm." In this case, it's incompatible with social health.

That said, I'm in favor of immigration in giving people fleeing terrible situations in their home countries a chance at the white-picket fence American dream. This is the moral thing to do. Hmmm. You know what might prevent "illegals" from undercutting American workers for under-the-table-wages? Them becoming citizens.

We overcomplicate the legal immigration process with an inordinate amount of red tape horse that most illegals fresh off the proverbial boat can't afford to navigate. That's why they remain undo ented. And guess what? Your precious capitalist class loves this dynamic because them remaining "undo ented" allows business owners to pay them under (regulated) market value.

A rational and easy solution would be to grant any prospective immigrant a two year work visa that gets them into "the system." If they prove to be responsible, productive, law abiding citizens over that two year period, they obtain citizenship. One up, and I don't care if they're cited for littering, then they're on the bus back to soccer land.

I'm also in favor of building up manufacturing in those countries so they won't feel the need to flee in the first place since there will be opportunity there. But your captains of industry would rather suck on the China teat. And we can get off the China teat. How? Boycott made there. But I don't see that mass boycott happening anytime soon because, to say again, we. are. a. nation. of. spoiled. children. We love our 300.00 4K tvs from TCL. We don't want to pay a penny more for the latest smartphone. We don't want to repair and reuse "old technology." Too inconvenient. Just throw the old one away and buy the new one.

Be interesting to see when this pandemic situation dies down, with China being cast as the main villain (deservedly so), if Americans will be able to step up and not buy their latest gizmo. And we don't need all Americans. There's enough so-called "buy Murrican" conservatives out there to get the message across. Trump's base is supposedly about 30 percent of the electorate. If they all refuse to buy Chinese, that'll put a massive dent in profits. But I know they won't. Cletus loves him some Walmart deals
    If we had a more libertarian country I'd have less of a problem with illegals.

Yes, I'm sure you are fine with allowing every one that wants to come here to come in. It'll do exactly what happened to Virginia to the entire country. A massive supply of low wage workers even if they are legal isn't beneficial. I don't really care about the red tape because we already accept more than enough legal immigrants. In fact we let too many in that end up dependent on the government. We need higher standards.

There will need to be an active movement to not buy China. Otherwise basically nobody will make that individual decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how many hypochondriacs went to the hospital, who were actually negative, caught it at the hospital, and went back home, only to infect their families?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and Ted have such low IQs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you consider a drug that would prevent viral replication not a potential cure? Not saying this definitely does but that is the hypothesis.

As examples Sofosbuvir and ledipasvir which together greatly reduce and then stop the production of new copies of the hepa is C virus.

Further thought remdesivir might save the patient but they might not have immunity similar to hep C patients who can become reinfected. However, studies of COVID have shown that the patient with the more severe cases have had the highest antibody res while mild patients have often had no antibodies present, so with treated patients you could expect to have gained immunity. Much to be proven still about the disease
    Here's a good article that explains it:

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200318.html

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how many hypochondriacs went to the hospital, who were actually negative, caught it at the hospital, and went back home, only to infect their families?
    Probably very few.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That article may be right in the sense of a cure. If Gilead’s drug is successful it’s because it saves the patient by disrupting the viruses ability to replicate. In the Univ of Chicago study the brief synopsis described 113 patients only 2 of which died and many had a fairly rapid recovery. It did not say, at least where I saw, if all patients were out of the woods. Those are pretty astounding results though. Are they cured in that they have immunity? That would remain to be seen but as I said the more severely affected patients in general have the highest antibody res. I imagine a more detailed paper will be published which should make for good reading. Bottom line if it did work as well as in this study risk of death would be vastly reduced, patients could be treated earlier before need for ventilation and need for these social constraints would be eliminated. Herd immunity could rule.

As an aside Hep C patients don’t get immunity but if reinfected they can be retreated.
    Last edited by picnroll; 04-16-2020 at 09:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on the screening. But if you want to speculate on how many you think got and spread the virus I'd love to see your estimates and reasoning.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You seem like the type of poster who would login to a different screen name just to attempt a nonsensical personal insult because you'd be embarrassed if others knew it was you.

I'm going to break down your life for you. You likely have never had someone do this before for you, and it will hurt. You will also likely read all of this and think that I don't know what I'm talking about. You will attempt to make excuses and say, "But he doesn't understand". You will also think I'm an asshole. Be aware - I'm going to be an sshole by design, because you've likely never had someone be so blunt with you to the point that it hurts. That's OK. We were all in this boat once. Some of us sank. Some of us did not. You, if you don't heed my words, will sink and be miserable for the rest of your life - with or without this woman. So bud, strap in, listen up, put your ego away for the next few minutes and pretend that I know everything about you.
    *hint* - I do know every thing about you. Because I was once you, well, sort of. You're a bigger got than I ever was, but I digress. How do I know everything about you? Because I'm ing man, and all those things you wrote about being emotionally lonely I've felt too.

Most men become gots when babies are born. We think we need to provide extra comfort, be amenable to our wives demands, and do whatever she asks and needs because she is the mother of our child. We want to do everything we can to make her life easy - because that's what a "good man" does. We sacrifice our own happiness most in this time to appease our wife's emotions because that's what we've always been told to do... and pregnancy/children ramp up this false mental model to an unhealthy degree.
    Happy wife, happy life, right?
    Wrong f@ggot.

You have a good thing here that your wife is traditional. But, it's also pretty bad for you because you're not a traditional man. You're not a strong, confident, ball-busting, take-no- leader. Women who grow up with traditional ideals desire a STRONG and DOMINANT man in their lives. You are a pussy.
    Of course she is a prude. Traditional women desire to be feminine and soft. Asian women (by a stretch of massive generalities) are viewed in the west as some of the softest, genuine, caring women to be found. It's not far from the truth because they have not yet been influenced by 2nd and 3rd wave feminism that most women in the west have been. But if you're not up to the task of being a STRONG man of high value, they will , complain, and be a prude. Ask anyone here how they know. They'll tell you.
    I guarantee you that if the 6'3, 215lb, 9% BF dude named Chad McThunder who can pick up 450lbs off the floor that she saw last week in the grocery store buying grocerices for her got husband decided that she was going to be his for the afternoon, he would game her just a little and her little pussy tinglez would light on fire for his giant biceps and rock hard . He'd scoop her up, take her back to your house where he would carry her up the stairs, throw her on YOUR bed and rip her panties off and her pussy would be trailing juices as long as the Nile river and as wet as Niagra Falls while he shoved his seemingly massive inside her tight little hole. He would dominate her by slamming her face down on the bed and f*cking her sweet little tang. She would moan and say things you've never heard before as he pounded her from behind and she would never think twice about what she was doing to ruin your sweet little marriage that you think you have. He would flip her over, shoot a massive load of hot all over her face and she would take her index finger across her forehead splattered with his and wipe it all over her lips. After which, she would take that same finger, put it in her mouth and mutter the words, "Oh my god, Chad, you taste so good."
    That's what women really want when they f*ck a man. And it can happen to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [FONT="]I'm going to break down your life for you. You likely have never had someone do this before for you, and it will hurt. You will also likely read all of this and think that I don't know what I'm talking about. You will attempt to make excuses and say, "But he doesn't understand". You will also think I'm an asshole. Be aware - I'm going to be an sshole by design, because you've likely never had someone be so blunt with you to the point that it hurts. That's OK. We were all in this boat once. Some of us sank. Some of us did not. You, if you don't heed my words, will sink and be miserable for the rest of your life - with or without this woman. So bud, strap in, listen up, put your ego away for the next few minutes and pretend that I know everything about you.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]*hint* - I do know every thing about you. Because I was once you, well, sort of. You're a bigger got than I ever was, but I digress. How do I know everything about you? Because I'm ing man, and all those things you wrote about being emotionally lonely I've felt too.

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Most men become gots when babies are born. We think we need to provide extra comfort, be amenable to our wives demands, and do whatever she asks and needs because she is the mother of our child. We want to do everything we can to make her life easy - because that's what a "good man" does. We sacrifice our own happiness most in this time to appease our wife's emotions because that's what we've always been told to do... and pregnancy/children ramp up this false mental model to an unhealthy degree.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Happy wife, happy life, right?[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Wrong f@ggot.

[/FONT]

[FONT="]You have a good thing here that your wife is traditional. But, it's also pretty bad for you because you're not a traditional man. You're not a strong, confident, ball-busting, take-no- leader. Women who grow up with traditional ideals desire a STRONG and DOMINANT man in their lives. You are a pussy.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Of course she is a prude. Traditional women desire to be feminine and soft. Asian women (by a stretch of massive generalities) are viewed in the west as some of the softest, genuine, caring women to be found. It's not far from the truth because they have not yet been influenced by 2nd and 3rd wave feminism that most women in the west have been. But if you're not up to the task of being a STRONG man of high value, they will , complain, and be a prude. Ask anyone here how they know. They'll tell you.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]I guarantee you that if the 6'3, 215lb, 9% BF dude named Chad McThunder who can pick up 450lbs off the floor that she saw last week in the grocery store buying grocerices for her got husband decided that she was going to be his for the afternoon, he would game her just a little and her little pussy tinglez would light on fire for his giant biceps and rock hard . He'd scoop her up, take her back to your house where he would carry her up the stairs, throw her on YOUR bed and rip her panties off and her pussy would be trailing juices as long as the Nile river and as wet as Niagra Falls while he shoved his seemingly massive inside her tight little hole. He would dominate her by slamming her face down on the bed and f*cking her sweet little tang. She would moan and say things you've never heard before as he pounded her from behind and she would never think twice about what she was doing to ruin your sweet little marriage that you think you have. He would flip her over, shoot a massive load of hot all over her face and she would take her index finger across her forehead splattered with his and wipe it all over her lips. After which, she would take that same finger, put it in her mouth and mutter the words, "Oh my god, Chad, you taste so good."[/FONT]
    That's what women really want when they f*ck a man. And it can happen to you.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/askMRP/comm...oesnt_seem_to/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had a more libertarian country I'd have less of a problem with illegals.

Yes, I'm sure you are fine with allowing every one that wants to come here to come in. It'll do exactly what happened to Virginia to the entire country. A massive supply of low wage workers even if they are legal isn't beneficial. I don't really care about the red tape because we already accept more than enough legal immigrants. In fact we let too many in that end up dependent on the government. We need higher standards.

There will need to be an active movement to not buy China. Otherwise basically nobody will make that individual decision.
    How do you figure that? Globalization is basically loosely regulated free-trade in action, and all that's resulted in is the problems many skeptics of globalism on both the left and right complain about: Middle-class erosion and the destruction of the domestic manufacturing base. Since labor expense contributes the most to overhead, business owners are constantly looking for ways to minimize that cost, and they finally found it 40 some years ago through outsourcing to countries that have limited-to-zero labor laws.

A massive supply of low wage workers even if they are legal isn't beneficial.
    How so? If they're legal and introduced into the system, they have to take a minimum wage by law and therefore can't undercut others by agreeing to depressed under-the-table wages. If your argument here is that immigrants are willing to work for less, then doesn't that illustrate a problem with how irresponsible the average American is with his money? If Pablo can make minimum/median wage work for his family of 4, why can't the American? Maybe because Pablo doesn't need the new iPhone every 6 months, buys used goods on the classifieds, fixes and repairs things, isn't subscribed to 600 streaming services. I can go on. And yes, I have direct experience to an extent here. I sell a lot of used on offer up and the like. Go to a lot of thrift stores. Latino immigrants are 98% of the consumer base here.

"Virginia." Dude, I'm in the Latino immigrant capital of the world. I've witnessed and lived through the "invasion" for 30 years. Guess what? Crime in California is the lowest it's been in decades. https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...2015-07-10.png, http://www.ronunz.org/2010/01/26/the...ispanic-crime/

Many of those starting new small businesses are Latino immigrants. I've seen my own neighborhood slowly transition to more immigrants, and they all take care of their yards, are well behaved, family oriented, and generally great people. Yes, I do have a few issues with the few who seem to value their home country over their adopted country with the waving of their flags or a stubbornness to learn English, but they really are the minority despite what the Fox News tells you. This is probably why Fox News focuses on the homeless ting in the streets on San Francisco or Los Angeles and then weakly tries to tie that to "sanctuary cities." Fun fact is most of the homeless are actually white people who travelled here from Trump land because the weather is great all year around. Blacks also make up a big percentage. https://imgur.com/a/0ZmQ7fv

I can't remember the last time I saw a Latino homeless person in my area, but I do know they exist. Just not as common.

See, this is why your side gets the "racism" tag, because the backlash against immigration isn't based on any kind of fact and just cherry-picked examples (like Virginia) or some guy flying the Mexican flag on the 4th of July or whatever. I'm not saying you're racist, but if the facts illustrate that immigration isn't some net-negative proposition, then what is the argument against it aside from appealing to some ethnonationalism horse ? They get government aid? If they're low-wage workers who pay taxes (and they do), they're en led to government aid like many working poor Americans. So I ask again, what's the problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It already came out that army intel picked it up in Nov and put out warnings because of troops at risk in the Far and Middle East. Unless it makes it to Fox news it isn’t on Trash’s radar screen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is trump even going to make it to November?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RT news again...
    It never stops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you figure that? Globalization is basically loosely regulated free-trade in action, and all that's resulted in is the problems many skeptics of globalism on both the left and right complain about: Middle-class erosion and the destruction of the domestic manufacturing base. Since labor expense contributes the most to overhead, business owners are constantly looking for ways to minimize that cost, and they finally found it 40 some years ago through outsourcing to countries that have limited-to-zero labor laws.

How so? If they're legal and introduced into the system, they have to take a minimum wage by law and therefore can't undercut others by agreeing to depressed under-the-table wages. If your argument here is that immigrants are willing to work for less, then doesn't that illustrate a problem with how irresponsible the average American is with his money? If Pablo can make minimum/median wage work for his family of 4, why can't the American? Maybe because Pablo doesn't need the new iPhone every 6 months, buys used goods on the classifieds, fixes and repairs things, isn't subscribed to 600 streaming services. I can go on. And yes, I have direct experience to an extent here. I sell a lot of used on offer up and the like. Go to a lot of thrift stores. Latino immigrants are 98% of the consumer base here.

"Virginia." Dude, I'm in the Latino immigrant capital of the world. I've witnessed and lived through the "invasion" for 30 years. Guess what? Crime in California is the lowest it's been in decades. https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...2015-07-10.png, http://www.ronunz.org/2010/01/26/the...ispanic-crime/

Many of those starting new small businesses are Latino immigrants. I've seen my own neighborhood slowly transition to more immigrants, and they all take care of their yards, are well behaved, family oriented, and generally great people. Yes, I do have a few issues with the few who seem to value their home country over their adopted country with the waving of their flags or a stubbornness to learn English, but they really are the minority despite what the Fox News tells you. This is probably why Fox News focuses on the homeless ting in the streets on San Francisco or Los Angeles and then weakly tries to tie that to "sanctuary cities." Fun fact is most of the homeless are actually white people who travelled here from Trump land because the weather is great all year around. Blacks also make up a big percentage. https://imgur.com/a/0ZmQ7fv

I can't remember the last time I saw a Latino homeless person in my area, but I do know they exist. Just not as common.

See, this is why your side gets the "racism" tag, because the backlash against immigration isn't based on any kind of fact and just cherry-picked examples (like Virginia) or some guy flying the Mexican flag on the 4th of July or whatever. I'm not saying you're racist, but if the facts illustrate that immigration isn't some net-negative proposition, then what is the argument against it aside from appealing to some ethnonationalism horse ? They get government aid? If they're low-wage workers who pay taxes (and they do), they're en led to government aid like many working poor Americans. So I ask again, what's the problem?
    MP snapping necks and cashing checks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    delete

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Von Miller is recovering from a case of COVID-19.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Miller is "at home resting and in good spirits." Rapsheet reports Miller will speak publicly on Friday. It is unknown if Miller has been around other Broncos players or officials. Rams C Brian Allen was announced as the league's first confirmed case of COVID-19 on Wednesday, but the reality is there are probably several dozen players infected. Elite athletes, NFL players are in the demographic that should mostly be untroubled by the coronavirus, but as we have learned, the disease can be arbitrary and capricious. Hopefully the cases remain low and there are swift recoveries for all.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Apr 16, 2020, 5:43 PM ET

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more article with a little more detail on the Univ of Chicago arm of the remdisivir study. Looks like if they treat relatively early it may nip COVID in the bud.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stat...atients-2020-4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a quick backpedal

That said, I think the 3 step plan looks good, provided that it's indeed under the control of local authorities...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    free $$$ for illegal aliens and lining their pockets at taxpayer's expense

how progressive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a quick backpedal

That said, I think the 3 step plan looks good, provided that it's indeed under the control of local authorities...
    without testing to find and isolate the infecteds, it's bull , combined with the absence of Ms of test kits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry Falwell Jr. Leaves Ominous Midnight Warning On Reporter’s Voicemail

The Liberty University president has launched a series of attacks against the media.

... called a New York Times reporter around midnight and left an ominous voicemail.

“You’re in some serious trouble,”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jerry-falwell-jr-voicemail_n_5e99143bc5b6a92100e4d0c6

Thread Information