Page 469 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3694194594654664674684694704714724734795195699691469 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,725 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might be the "probable" number that they just started adding, but I can't be sure.
    We should know shortly, they've been transparent with their deviations from standard reporting (in the Latest Updates section) and this is certainly a deviation.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://pioneerinvasion.com/2020/04/...november-2009/

Believable, but quite possibly fake.

My "smells too good to be real"-dar is going off.
    At this point I don't mind. Fight propaganda with propaganda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a deranged world where liberals want more people dead so it can be politically harmful for Trump, WHY THE WOULD WE NEED MORE THAN THE CURRENT 35K? You guys don't think THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DEAD AMERICANS from a pandemic that could have been handled a million times better by the current administration is ENOUGH? You think that liberal somehow need MORE for it to be the worst disaster in America in our lives? OH NO WE DIDN'T HIT 100K I'M GOING TO CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP. What is wrong with you? I mean really?
    haven't really been following this thread much. Too fast moving.

Don't think any liberal is actually doing that. I know I'm not. I find it tragic and scary as .

I do care about accurate data. Not rooting for anything, other than good decisions.

It is deranged to me that sections of the country are pushing to re-open before it is really safe to do so. The protests have been mind-bogglingly stupid.

IT is like someone wanting the gates to the city thrown up because the Mongols haven't killed that many people inside, how bad could it be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm celebrating that we won't be anywhere near your prediction of 150K in a week. You should be celebrating as well.
    We all should be. We have collectively avoided all becoming NYC. It is a very good thing.

But:

We have bought ourselves that so far. All of our efforts are to keep it at this minimal level.

This disease will still kill around .66% of everybody who ends up catching it. The best we can do is keep the infection rate low enough not to overwhelm our hospital system, which is a very very thin margin in most places.

We will hit 150k. Just like we will hit 200k. 200k = roughly 9% (30M) of the US population having had the disease, low for any flu-type illness, especially one the spreads this easily. 30-60% is more likely. For perspective .66% of 60% of 330,000,000 is over a million people. That should be a VERY sobering thought.

Not a matter of *if*, but when.

If the health care system gets overwhelmed, that rate will be MUCH higher.

I hope no one forgets that.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-17-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because people piled on top of each other in those places. Save your fake outrage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if this is what you want to take from my post. Feel free. No point in trying to argue this bull . You win.
    Strawman arguments are about all the right has, IMO. Sort of baked into the self-iden y at this point. In all my time here that has been a constant of the right-wing.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because people piled on top of each other in those places. Save your fake outrage.
    You see the disingenuous in the tweet but people actually think like this. ing boomers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/113690...us-antibodies/

The experts, from the University of Bonn, said that their initial findings show that as many as 15 per cent of the town of Gangelt - dubbed the 'German Wuhan' - had antibodies to Covid-19.

These people had not shown symptoms and were not previously thought to have been infected, they added.

That figure is three times higher than previous estimates, and if correct then Germany's death rate is just 0.37 per cent
    Still roughly in line with the initial estimates of .66% likely within both studies margin of error.

We are homing on on the actual figure then. Good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see the disingenuous in the tweet but people actually think like this. ing boomers.

KEEP THEM OPEN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't speak for everywhere... but they've been encouraging people to go outside in SA. Just keep your distance. I know in my neighborhood there are quite a bit more people outside running/riding bikes than there normally are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't speak for everywhere... but they've been encouraging people to go outside in SA. Just keep your distance. I know in my neighborhood there are quite a bit more people outside running/riding bikes than there normally are.
    Exactly. This is just bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope I went to 5 peoples houses today fixing computers

Fixed computers in shop today also

3 whole cases active in Yuma country

I also went to Walmart to buy my dog food Only weighed 40 pounds
    How incredibly irresponsible. Keep that up, and you are really increasing your odds of getting this disease. Given your age (seem to remember over 60), I guess you are old enough to pick your own death.

I just hope you don't make anyone else sick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Official numbers haven't changed. Would be strange for Cuomo not to mention this given this is an astronomical change in numbers after we've had these type of numbers now for over a week.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Preliminary results from government lab experiments show that the coronavirus does not survive long in high temperatures and high humidity, and is quickly destroyed by sunlight, providing evidence from controlled tests of what scientists believed — but had not yet proved — to be true.

A briefing on the preliminary results, marked for official use only and obtained by Yahoo News, offers hope that summertime may offer conditions less hospitable for the virus, though experts caution it will by no means eliminate, or even necessarily decrease, new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. The results, however, do add an important piece of knowledge that the White House’s science advisers have been seeking as they scramble to respond to the spreading pandemic.

https://news.yahoo.com/sunlight-dest...200745675.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dp
    Last edited by Splits; 04-17-2020 at 06:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Official numbers haven't changed. Would be strange for Cuomo not to mention this given this is an astronomical change in numbers after we've had these type of numbers now for over a week.
    Could be related to this:

Changes in United States Data following the new CDC guidelines on "Case" and "Death" definition

Following new CDC guidelines: "As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement issued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease.

A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19. A probable case or death is defined by i) meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19; or ii) meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence; or iii) meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19" [source]

This change is a further example of one of the many reasons why the label "confirmed cases" (used by some to designate total cases) is incorrect (see definitions for more details). The US CDC (and Worldometer) has always used the label "Total Cases." Canada is another example where the "total number includes publicly reported confirmed and probable cases [source]

On April 14, New York City reported 3,778 additional deaths that have occurred since March 11 and have been classified as "probable," defined as follows: “decedent [...] had no known positive laboratory test for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) but the death certificate lists as a cause of death “COVID-19” or an equivalent" [source].

From April 14 onward, New York City has provided - and will continue to provide - the updated number of probable deaths in its daily reports.

On April 15, in the daily press briefing, New York Governor Cuomo said that "we will begin reporting all categories of fatalities pursuant to new CDC guidelines and are contacting facilities to get updated numbers." He also added that there may be additional people who died that have not been counted because not in a hospital. In the April 15 update, the New York State Department of Health official website had still not included (nor reported separately) the additional "probable" deaths reported by New York City the day before. On April 16, when asked about the issue, New York State officials commented on their decision to not add the New York City probable deaths in the official State count saying that probable deaths have been reported by New York City in a new and separate category, without adding the two numbers (confirmed and probable) together into a single category.

The state of Ohio is an example of a state that has started reporting total cases and deaths correctly, in accordance with the new CDC guidelines. On its "Overview dashboard" it show total cases and total deaths, while also providing the breakdown between confirmed and probable, with the note "CDC Expanded Case Definition (Probable)" and "CDC Expanded Death Definition (Probable)."

Worldometer is also following the new CDC guideline of including both probable and confirmed in the total case and death counts.

As with similar instances in the past (with other countries), we have added the additional data on the day it was reported. If and when the historical distribution is provided, we will make the needed adjustments.

Finally, since every probable death necessarily implies a probable case, logic mandates that the adjustment be made to both deaths and cases, and not only to deaths. We have now adjusted April 14, April 15, and current data for New York State and the United States accordingly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preliminary results from government lab experiments show that the coronavirus does not survive long in high temperatures and high humidity, and is quickly destroyed by sunlight, providing evidence from controlled tests of what scientists believed — but had not yet proved — to be true.

A briefing on the preliminary results, marked for official use only and obtained by Yahoo News, offers hope that summertime may offer conditions less hospitable for the virus, though experts caution it will by no means eliminate, or even necessarily decrease, new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. The results, however, do add an important piece of knowledge that the White House’s science advisers have been seeking as they scramble to respond to the spreading pandemic.

https://news.yahoo.com/sunlight-dest...200745675.html
    C19 in Brazil and other equatorial and near-equatorial countries

and then there's C19 in late summer Australia

your labs

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Theses authoritarian leftists aren't going to let a pandemic get in the way of curtailing American rights. Virginians can thank the immigrants that came to their state only to vote their rights away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Theses authoritarian leftists aren't going to let a pandemic get in the way of curtailing American rights. Virginians can thank the immigrants that came to their state only to vote their rights away.
    muh guns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also thanks to Trump and the GOP for being terrible at governing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to hoard meat now!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm celebrating that we won't be anywhere near your prediction of 150K in a week. You should be celebrating as well.
    I never made a prediction of 150k. If you were interested in actual discussion instead of this nonsense you might understand that post. I did, and still agree, with the idea that 100k is going to happen, sadly. This "reopening" nonsense only makes that sure. We have 35k dead and we're halfway through the month only. But sure, celebrate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bayer's chloroquine donation to U.S. raises concern about FDA standards in pandemic

On March 21, two days after President Donald Trump first touted chloroquine drugs as a “gamechanger” in the fight against COVID-19, administration officials privately described what they felt was

a “win” in the president’s efforts to build an emergency stockpile of the drugs: a hefty donation of pills from Bayer AG

chief of staff of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA),

cautioned that “3-4 days” of testing would be needed. caution?
    “Potentially serious issues with product so let’s be careful when we take that win,”

After a brief period of testing, its use in the United States was approved on an emergency basis.

But three U.S. government sources familiar with the matter told Reuters that

there is reason to be concerned about the quality of Resochin and its makers, located in India and Pakistan.

the FDA dropped its quality-control standards too far as it scoured the world for scarce supplies of chloroquine drugs,

The plants that make Resochin ingredients and finished doses in India and Pakistan have never been registered with, or inspected by, the FDA

(Bayer's) Resochin was not approved.

Pakistani regulators, who inspected Bayer’s Resochin plant in Karachi in 2015, found a “gross failure” in manufacturing processes there

the FDA has never screened the Indore, India, plant that supplies ingredients for Resochin, the U.S. agency has inspected other Indian plants run by the same Indian supplier and found serious deficiencies, including falsification of records, inspection do ents spanning 2014 through 2019 show.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-bayer-chloroquine/exclusive-fda-may-have-dropped-standards-too-far-in-hunt-for-chloroquine-to-fight-coronavirus-sources-idUSKBN21Y2LO?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

So to suck up to Trash, the politicized FDA hacks accepted untested, and possibly sub-standard, possibly even tainted
    Resochin ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How incredibly irresponsible. Keep that up, and you are really increasing your odds of getting this disease. Given your age (seem to remember over 60), I guess you are old enough to pick your own death.

I just hope you don't make anyone else sick.
    Went to a rv park 3 times this week
    They took my tempature each time
    I am not 60 lol
    Some of those people I go to have mask on they do not want me to get sick
    They love Me
    Those people in rv parks have to be above 55

I fixed 3 business computers today
    If they were not working they would be broke
    If I am sick i will stay home
    I am carefully.
    I use hand sansizer all the time now

Do you think it is irresponsible for people to work at stores and restaurants now ?
    I am at people houses 6 feet apart from people

Thread Information