Page 478 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3784284684744754764774784794804814824885285789781478 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,950 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just the US. China creates the problem and then buys up the worlds supply of PPE, then later marches back to the world as the hero selling it PPE. Near trick. There still playing games supplying PPE.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...us-crisis.html
    Yeah, definitely the biggest heels in the world. And Lord Trump isn't the one to take them on like his cult believes. Guy has 100 trademarks over there and they manufacture his daughter's junk

I don't think any current Dem is brave enough, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotal so far, but similar stories have been reported in Japan, South Korea and Singapore:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/b...-sicker-2020-4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Old Lesbian from SC says nothing about how Trash and is kakistocracy has fatally botched the pandemic,

but is making lots of distracting noise about punishing China, thinking he can punch China hard and China won't or can't punch back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight article on the complex relationship between COVID-19 testing and case counts.

Tl;dr version

But if you’re not accounting for testing patterns, it can throw your conclusions entirely out of whack. You don’t just run the risk of being a little bit wrong: Your analysis could be off by an order of magnitude. Or even worse, you might be led in the opposite direction of what is actually happening. A country where the case count is increasing because it’s doing more testing, for instance, might actually be getting its epidemic under control. Alternatively, in a country where the reported number of new cases is declining, the situation could actually be getting worse, either because its system is too overwhelmed to do adequate testing or because it’s ramping down on testing for PR reasons.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-meaningless/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight article on the complex relationship between COVID-19 testing and case counts.

Tl;dr version

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-meaningless/
    Hospitalizations per day might be the best stat we have to evaluate acceleration/decline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerala is a small, relatively affluent, highly literate Indian state about the size of California.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...a-coronavirus/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitalizations per day might be the best stat we have to evaluate acceleration/decline.
    It's like we already gave up on adequate testing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what I’ve been monitoring all along. The data is not available in all states or locales though. It may not give you any where near infected/recovered data but its the most meaningful in terms of where we are healthcare-wise. This is one of a virus, false negatives on diagnosis, false positives, false negatives on antibodies for immunity, questions if antibodies truly protect and if so for how long.

My bet is treatment will be here before meaningful and useful data on testing. Remdesivir is expected to report preliminary results in late April and possibly the 4,000 patient two arm trila divide between moderate and severely effected patients in May. If those trials bear similar results to the two smaller reported sets of data, mass production should ramp up as fast as possible. I can’t see the worldwide backlog of required reagents for effective testing being resolved quickly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is also a log between positive cases and hospitalization and deaths, because C19 doesn't get bad and kill quickly

USA is running now at nearly 2K deaths/day, at least 60K deaths / month.

USA is in the clear, so let's all get back to work.

War president Trash (to be court martialed for negligent manslaughter and dereliction of duty) has an election to win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerala is a small, relatively affluent, highly literate Indian state about the size of California.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...a-coronavirus/
    "WHO-recommended plan of contact tracing, isolation, and surveillance."

serious, committed, professional, trained career govt employees accepting serious guidance,

otoh, Trash's Exec is kakistocracy of political hit men, corporate lobbyists, toadies, sycophants, revolving door pricks on the make

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antibody Test, Seen as Key to Reopening Country, Does Not Yet Deliver

The tests, many made in China without F.D.A. approval, are often inaccurate. Some doctors are misusing them. The rollout is nowhere close to the demand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/19/u...gtype=Homepage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The tests, many made in China without F.D.A. approval, are often inaccurate. Some doctors are misusing them. The rollout is nowhere close to the demand.

DMC has been teasing a game changing, just in time, super sekrit solution for a week.

Wonder what the holdup is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"In a federal guidance do ent on March 16, the F.D.A. required them to validate their results on their own

and notify the agency that they had done so."

self-regulated, aka UNregulated, FAILS every time, and the "regulatory-captured" FDA ing knows it.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-19-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harvard Law Prof Laurence Tribe Under Fire For Apparently

Suggesting Mass Coronavirus Infection and Death to Solve Pandemic

In a Twitter post — which has since been removed — Tribe wrote,

“Because it’s too late to contain COVID-19, there’s only one possible ending ??????? to the story:

We must collectively develop immunity to the disease.”

“In lieu of a vaccine, that means most of us will need to be exposed to the virus.

Some unknowably large number of us will therefore die,”

he argued, quickly inviting the scorn of other media commentators and college professors.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/harvard-law-prof-laurence-tribe-under-fire-for-apparently-suggesting-mass-coronavirus-infection-and-death-to-solve-pandemic/?utm_source=mostpopular

how about the "story ending" of developing TREATMENT drugs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“Because it’s too late to contain COVID-19, there’s only one possible ending ??????? to the story:

“In lieu of a vaccine, that means most of us will need to be exposed to the virus.

he argued, quickly inviting the scorn of other media commentators and college professors.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/harvard-law-prof-laurence-tribe-under-fire-for-apparently-suggesting-mass-coronavirus-infection-and-death-to-solve-pandemic/?utm_source=mostpopular

Smart idiots abound on all sides.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's pretty much describing the current plan. He just forgot to mention prayers, scapegoating and magical thinking.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's pretty much describing the current plan. He just forgot to mention prayers, scapegoating and magical thinking.
    + China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already said scapegoating.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Already said scapegoating.
    I was going to don you for never admitting you're wrong, but, you have that one in the books, so, I can't, but, (scapegoating?) Dumps?

That is sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to don you for never admitting you're wrong, but, you have that one in the books, so, I can't, but, (scapegoating?) Dumps?

That is sad.
    Trump can't own his mistakes and has to find multiple scapegoats, but he's a terrible president.

That is sad.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    freedom to assemble
    Church good now. Did you finally start going or are you still a hermit Christian? I know it's hard for you to look at women.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump can't own his mistakes and has to find multiple scapegoats, but he's a terrible president.

That is sad.
    It's always about principle when the right is in power, but about results and intent when it's the left. Of course, intent is hard to prove especially on a forum. Therefore all the hand waving over Trump's principles while ignoring anything positive from his administration just puts a dollar store price tag on your own opinion.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah despite being really sick for a few days in March with a fever that peaked a little under 101 I'm just acting like I haven't had it when out in public and I don't want a faulty antibody test to give me a possibly false sense of security if it comes back positive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's always about principle when the right is in power, but about results and intent when it's the left. Of course, intent is hard to prove especially on a forum. Therefore all the hand waving over Trump's principles while ignoring anything positive from his administration just puts a dollar store price tag on your own opinion.
    What are the big positives people have ignored, in your opinion?

Thread Information