Page 481 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3814314714774784794804814824834844854915315819811481 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,025 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But your personal stance doesn't equate to the board average. If you're going to intervene with a defense for "them", you'll need to reference "them" not "you".

But you're suspect as well.

The fact you cannot list anything positive from the administration basically illustrates my point.
    I won’t mince words on what Trump’s actions have been and are. Every calculation, every action is aim to protect himself from responsibility and accountability and to improve his chances of re-election. Every thought begins and ends with what’s in it for me. There is nothing else to the man, his entire life he has been as a corrupt opportunist and self promoter. The people who follow him are the rich to gain wealth and power and the cult of bigots and idiots.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice if we could keep one thread actually about the coronavirus and not you and boutons TDS repe ive bull . There are plenty of other threads going for you to on Trump.
    I'm only repeating this question because none of you apologists has even tried to answer it.

I'm gonna keep reminding you of the backflips you are doing for Trump for no reason other than your own egos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not doing backflips. Trump ed up. He thought we were gonna slide by pretty much unscathed like we did with SARS. It didnt happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The countries that got hit hardest by SARS were the most prepared this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually agree with Tribe. If our leadership was too inept to do the things we needed for an eventual re-opening of the economy, then Shutdown 2020 was pointless and we may as well go through with herd immunity.
    Are you aware how herd immunity works though? Herd immunity requires at least 50%+ of the population to have become infected and recovered in order to get to some level of normalcy.

Which implicitly means we need massive testing in place. We're still far from being aware what percentage of our population has been or is infected.

Even "herd immunity" requires a plan, and lots of testing, if that's your strategy. Reopening and wishing things away is not a plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you aware how herd immunity works though? Herd immunity requires at least 50%+ of the population to have become infected and recovered in order to get to some level of normalcy.
    T
    Which implicitly means we need massive testing in place. We're still far from being aware what percentage of our population has been or is infected.

Even "herd immunity" requires a plan, and lots of testing, if that's your strategy. Reopening and wishing things away is not a plan.
    From hearing Fauci soft pedal it, it looks like the plan is to let people die the way they are now until the fall when testing might be adequate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course if Trump would have just ramped up testing and contact tracing early on in January like South Korea did he'd have been a shoo-in for re-election.
    His approval rating would be sky high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course if Trump would have just ramped up testing and contact tracing early on in January like South Korea did he'd have been a shoo-in for re-election.
    Just unfortunate that Jared's father in law didn't think of this... but them dem breaks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His approval rating would be sky high
    , if he had just given a quarter of a mea culpa and gotten on with saving lives without all the grievances he'd be as popular as Cuomo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won’t mince words on what Trump’s actions have been and are. Every calculation, every action is aim to protect himself from responsibility and accountability and to improve his chances of re-election. Every thought begins and ends with what’s in it for me. There is nothing else to the man, his entire life he has been as a corrupt opportunist and self promoter. The people who follow him are the rich to gain wealth and power and the cult of bigots and idiots.
    Of course. If you think a person who has his wealth and background who can win that position through negative campaigning and promising things to niche audiences might be ethical or moral, you're naive. Bernie purports to be concerned about the nation, but he's never going to be the nominee. Instead, Biden who's just another corporate shill is going to be your other choice.

This has been the case for a long long time. Americans then have to look at themselves as ask what's important to them. Who puts these people there? Trump didn't sneak in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , if he had just given a quarter of a mea culpa and gotten on with saving lives without all the grievances he'd be as popular as Cuomo.
    Who has lost 20K lives so far. So popularity is about a mea culpa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The countries that got hit hardest by SARS were the most prepared this time.
    If you give Trump a pass on all past mistakes are you continuing to give him the mistakes he continues to make like calling states to liberate after making opening up the states the governors’ responsibility or throwing all the responsibility for testing on the governors? Some western countries have made mistake, hardly any to the degree at the central government level as Trump. Most have gotten their act together, not Trump, he has no act except appointing unqualified people, firing those who point out his errors and deferring blame. That is part of the coronavirus discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Trump not getting any blame for those lives lost or just Cuomo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In part. It's what's important to Trump after all. Not leadership or responsibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump gets a pass from DMC. Every time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuomo has admitted making mistakes, that actions could have been taken earlier. Has Trump Said he made any mistakes or was everything 10 out of 10 for him? Cuomo also said he has to deal as best as he can with where they are now. What has Trump said he has to do?
    Last edited by picnroll; 04-19-2020 at 04:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you give Trump a pass on all past mistakes are you continuing to give him the mistakes he continues to make like calling states to liberate after making opening up the states the governors’ responsibility or throwing all the responsibility for testing on the governors? Some western countries have made mistake, hardly any to the degree at the central government level as Trump. Most have gotten their act together, not Trump, he has no act except appointing unqualified people, firing those who point out his errors and deferring blame. That is part of the coronavirus discussion.
    I dont give Trump a pass on anything. He is an embarrassment. At the same time, blaming all the deaths on him is just stupid. We were unprepared now and we were unprepared before Trump was elected. We allowed ourselves to get in the trap of necessary protective gear and drugs being manufactured in China who hogged the supplies when the rest of the world needed them. Blaming Trump is just as stupid as blaming Pelosi because neither one could the gear we needed. This will turn out to be like our reaction to 9/11. In a year we will be overreacting on the side of covid safety shutting that barn door after the covid horse got out.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    de Blasio deserves the most

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He certainly deserves blame.

Does Trump deserve any?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You guys still don't want to give Trump any blame. It's insane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In part. It's what's important to Trump after all. Not leadership or responsibility.
    Obviously not for Cuomo's supporters either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys still don't want to give Trump any blame. It's insane
    Their egos depend on Trump's being a more-or-less perfect president. Anything less and their egos are destroyed.

It's OK to admit Trump ed up. Play time is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont give Trump a pass on anything. He is an embarrassment. At the same time, blaming all the deaths on him is just stupid. We were unprepared now and we were unprepared before Trump was elected. We allowed ourselves to get in the trap of necessary protective gear and drugs being manufactured in China who hogged the supplies when the rest of the world needed them. Blaming Trump is just as stupid as blaming Pelosi because neither one could the gear we needed. This will turn out to be like our reaction to 9/11. In a year we will be overreacting on the side of covid safety shutting that barn door after the covid horse got out.
    We'll have hundreds of millions of deteriorating masks until such time as the funding gets removed to study the effects of cow farts.

On the brighter side, the Earth is likely breathing off the ventilator right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously not for Cuomo's supporters either.
    Cuomo has assumed both. Moreso than Trump, who explicitly said he's not responsible for anything. Is that your idea of leadership, DMC?

Thread Information