Page 51 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... virginia had some people tested but none came positive. maryland is next door
    sadly VA is ed

3 ppl in MD had up to 2 weeks to infect whole DC region

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CaCO3 (not good for pipes but possibly good for bones.
    I asked my urologist. The calcium in water is not "bio available", will not get into skeleton

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So here is the 2nd official study of pt outcomes in China. This was a study of 1099 patients (1st study I linked to was only 44 patients)

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032

tldr:

5% were admitted to ICU
    2.3% required invasive mechanical ventilation
    1.4% Died

"Since patients who were mildly ill and who did not seek medical attention were not included in our study, the case fatality rate in a real-world scenario might be even lower."

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So here is the 2nd official study of pt outcomes in China. This was a study of 1099 patients (1st study I linked to was only 44 patients)

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032

tldr:

5% were admitted to ICU
    1.4% Died

"Since patients who were mildly ill and who did not seek medical attention were not included in our study, the case fatality rate in a real-world scenario might be even lower."
    Impossible. MSM mocked Trump’s hunch endlessly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congress warned of possible coronavirus exposure that may have occurred at AIPAC conference
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/04/cong...-at-aipac.html

just got real for the DC elite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we see a deadly pandemic that wipes out hundreds of millions of people (potentially billions) in the next 50 years. This just isn’t it.
    It doesn't have to be that bad to matter. It just has to be bad enough to jam up héalth care delivery.

We're not out of the woods yet. If the mortality rate is only .5%, that's five times deadlier than the seasonal flu, which kills 60,000 yearly in the US.

If it's 1%-2% that's pretty drastic for a pathogen that's more contagious than the average bug.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we see a deadly pandemic that wipes out hundreds of millions of people (potentially billions) in the next 50 years. This just isn’t it.
    I disagree. I think this one is scary enough that we will see a revolution in the our ability to quickly respond to new viruses with rapid vaccines, antivirals, etc.

H1n1, SARS, MERS, Ebola all sparked some initial investment but funding (both private & public) dried up as soon as public interest waned. This time seems different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Biden, Bernie and Trump visit the victims in Seattle, tbh? Where's det leadership when you need it?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Impossible. MSM mocked Trump’s hunch endlessly.
    ...not all the way, TSA. At the very end of the "mocked" they'd (CNN!) reserve a bit of "even if the hunch is accurate it's not right of him to hunch like that, Dr. Gupta."...followed by a lot of stern nodding by the others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Biden, Bernie and Trump visit the victims in Seattle, tbh? Where's det leadership when you need it?
    its highly likely DC workers already have this, which means govmt workers

I would not be surprised if congress workers are infected and are infecting the old geezers that run this country. Corona will do a clean sweep of all these old folk probably. Term limits? Corona says hold my beer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5% were admitted to ICU
    1.4% Died
    14x worse than seasonal flu, no problem, right, kickers?

2.3% intubated?

5% in ICU

1000s of recklessly uninsured / underinsured people gonna be impoverished, bankrupted by medical bills

vaccine expert / epidemiologist Trash is joyously, hilariously, appropriately MOCKED, RIDICULED for ALL his self-serving bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still say, for you young guys this may be the stock buying opportunity of your lifetime. This virus hysteria will pass eventually.

oops. related, but wrong thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The timing of public intervention matters. Crossing fingers and hoping it won't be as deadly as it seems to be is a dangerous game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    early quarantine and shut down cities. thats the key

US doesnt do that and it will be mayhem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you look at the results tab @ the study, even much milder measures like school closures and public gathering bans can have a significant effect.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...article/208354

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same logic as the 2008 crash: commercial risks get socialized (big bailouts to big firms and ins utions) while ordinary citizens are left to twist in the wind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pence pinning the blame on China, not that China doesn’t have a heaping share of responsibility, but he’s trying to divert attention from the Trump administration’s incompetent bumbling of the situation.

8:50 am: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accuses China of setting back coronavirus prevention efforts

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accused China of putting the rest of the world “behind the curve” in trying to contain the coronavirus outbreak. Pompeo said it has proven “incredibly frustrating” to work with the Chinese government around obtaining data on the coronavirus, “which will ultimately be the solution to both getting the vaccine and attacking this risk.”

“Remember, this is the Wuhan coronavirus that’s caused this, and the information that we got at the front end of this thing wasn’t perfect and has led us now to a place where much of the challenge we face today has put us behind the curve,” Pompeo said in an interview with CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” —Stankiewicz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at the results tab @ the study, even much milder measures like school closures and public gathering bans can have a significant effect.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...article/208354
    Jews have closed synagogues and Jewish schools in Brooklyn, but of course, if non-Jews are running around infected ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol, no

And I'm sure the media wouldn't absolutely freak out if Trump tried that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pence pinning the blame on China, not that China doesn’t have a heaping share of responsibility, but he’s trying to divert attention from the Trump administration’s incompetent bumbling of the situation.

8:50 am: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accuses China of setting back coronavirus prevention efforts

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accused China of putting the rest of the world “behind the curve” in trying to contain the coronavirus outbreak. Pompeo said it has proven “incredibly frustrating” to work with the Chinese government around obtaining data on the coronavirus, “which will ultimately be the solution to both getting the vaccine and attacking this risk.”

“Remember, this is the Wuhan coronavirus that’s caused this, and the information that we got at the front end of this thing wasn’t perfect and has led us now to a place where much of the challenge we face today has put us behind the curve,” Pompeo said in an interview with CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” —Stankiewicz
    It's idiotic to blame China publicly if, as Pompeo claims, we need their cooperation.

Who thought this guy would be a good diplomat?

Oh, right..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, no

gotta face the music sooner or later.

better sooner than later as Wuhan has taught us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, no

What would be reasonable/practicable measures?

God forbid we should ever see another 1919 flu, but it's likelier than not that we eventually will.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information