Page 541 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 4144149153153753853954054154254354454555159164110411541 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,525 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darker skinned people disproportionately affected. Look into dark skin + vitamin D deficiency

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, particulate matter doesn't equal infectious. This is like scientists finding Covid a month later on surfaces, which prompted the headline, "Covid can survive a month on surfaces!" when all they found was the virus's genetic material, which isn't infectious. I'd bet my house the particulates found in air pollution aren't infectious.
    We already have known airborne transmission from that church choir in Seattle. Keeping six feet apart didn't do for them and you're going to have the same kind of heavy droplet ejection in gyms especially, but also in restaurants when people are talking loud, laughing at jokes, etc.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not. Zinc intereferes with viral replication.

Tylenol + fluids = thoughts and prayers

80% on ventilators die. Who knows how many patients were killed by docs following standard protocols.
    You post like the ventilator is causing the deaths. You have to compare the 80% to the death rates for people who reach the same point of but don't get put on a ventilator. I'd love to see those numbers if they are statistically significant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have known airborne transmission from that church choir in Seattle. Keeping six feet apart didn't do for them and you're going to have the same kind of heavy droplet ejection in gyms especially, but also in restaurants when people are talking loud, laughing at jokes, etc.
    The study has not yet been peer reviewed, and it does not determine whether the virus on pollution particles is in quan ies sufficient enough to cause the disease in humans.
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rticles-report

In the choir example, those droplets are still circulating within the same general vicinity in a closed space and likely carry more viral load.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the choir example, those droplets are still circulating within the same general vicinity in a closed space and likely carry more viral load.
    Just like those droplets and dust particles will be in restaurant dining rooms and gyms where people won't be wearing masks. I'm not so worried about particulate matter since I'm never in extremely densely populated areas, but I think it's a nice illustration of how easily this virus can be carried by things in the air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wont kill covid, but every doctor I have says do 5000 units of D every day.
    If you don't get out to sunlight enough, that's always good advice...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we should test more.

Maybe even make that a national priority....
    yup, one of the biggest issues with this virus is the incubation period, where people are generally asymptomatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You post like the ventilator is causing the deaths. You have to compare the 80% to the death rates for people who reach the same point of but don't get put on a ventilator. I'd love to see those numbers if they are statistically significant.

We need to be treating people earlier in the cycle of the disease. Waiting until you're hypoxic and THEN going for treatment is not the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are we wasting time on?
    We're not. Read the exchange again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like those droplets and dust particles will be in restaurant dining rooms and gyms where people won't be wearing masks. I'm not so worried about particulate matter since I'm never in extremely densely populated areas, but I think it's a nice illustration of how easily this virus can be carried by things in the air.
    I don't think there will enough of it on pollution particles to infect people. A Chinese study found that 2 cases out of 300 that were linked to outdoor transmission. The others came by way of mass transit and within the home.

Another expert, Prof John Sodeau at University College Cork, in the Republic of Ireland, said: “The work seems plausible. But that is the bottom line at the moment, and plausible [particle] interactions are not always biologically viable and may have no effect in the atmosphere.” He said the normal course of scientific research might take two or three years to confirm such findings.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-air-pollution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to be treating people earlier in the cycle of the disease. Waiting until you're hypoxic and THEN going for treatment is not the answer.

Hard when the incubation period is soo long. This thing goes 0-60 in the blink of an eye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wont kill covid, but every doctor I have says do 5000 units of D every day.
    I just try to spend 20 minutes or so in the sun everyday.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, your claim is no patients with COVI-19 are being treated until they are hypoxic?

That sounds wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not. Zinc intereferes with viral replication.

Tylenol + fluids = thoughts and prayers
    Yes it is, because we don't have a way to deliver those chemicals where they need to go. Why didn't you address that at all?

80% on ventilators die. Who knows how many patients were killed by docs following standard protocols.
    There's simply contradictory information about that right now, and ventilators are a last line of defense, it's obvious that the mortality rate on them will be higher. Again, your beef with ventilators is your own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard when the incubation period is soo long. This thing goes 0-60 in the blink of an eye
    I smell a candle every day. The moment I can't smell it, I think I have a plan better than Tylenol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes doctors don't get to choose. Plus, it's easy to say that, but we don't actually have a medicine that does that. Again, more magical thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I smell a candle every day. The moment I can't smell it, I think I have a plan better than Tylenol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do tell what plan is that? There's no cure at the moment. Are you going to chug on Clorox?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, your claim is no patients with COVI-19 are being treated until they are hypoxic?

That sounds wrong.

I'm sure some people are being treated early with "something", especially celebs.

I'm just relating anecdotally what I'm hearing from docs.

By the way, doctors would do anything not to be intubated themselves. They know the odds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Cotton: Ban Chinese students from learning science so they can’t ‘steal’ coronavirus vaccine

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/tom-cotton-ban-chinese-students-from-learning-science-so-they-cant-steal-coronavirus-vaccine/

Arkansas!

Maria looks like she needs a ventilator

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do tell what plan is that? There's no cure at the moment. Are you going to chug on Clorox?
    Yes, that's my plan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody knows the odds... everybody would like to avoid getting to the point where you need mechanical assistance to breathe... people are not put on ventilators for and giggles... smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, that's my plan
    sounds legit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Astroturfed MAGAT protest, this time showing up in San Diego:

Yeah, these people really look like they're on the brink of economic ruin. Wouldn't know it from all the smiles and photo op'ing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eating at a restaurant will probably cost twice as much as before so only rich will be able to tbqh
    Cry to me a river

Thread Information