Page 544 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 4444449453454054154254354454554654754855459464410441544 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should have been more specific and said we know how coronaviruses work.

If I get this virus (no doubt I eventually will), I have a plan for myself. And it's not based on magic thinking.
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I run and bike. A whole lot more right now because I got no pool to swim a bit.
    Not gonna happen in the summer or right now, I will die of other causes due to overheating.
    And I must say the humidity has been really favorable in the mornings and evenings the last 3 days but its still too hot.
    I never wore face stuff even in the coldest conditions in SA running. Biking on some winter days can be bone chilling because of the air flow so I put something on but usually ended up pulling it down so it did not cover my nose or mouth.

At the coast kayaking I kept one on all day but not on my nose, I just keep applying sun screen. Simms face wear is made to be very breathable so is probably no good for droplet exchange.

Going into the stores has been hard for me because I really dont like things on my face, but Im wearing at every locale inside.

You don't need to wear it when you're alone, running,etc.

It does suck to wear on a long shopping trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take your Tylenol and suffer for two or three weeks. Hopefully, it doesn't get really bad.

Not my plan

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got a half ass diy mask my daughter made me, but I think I need a better one.

To sterilize, I've been leaving it in a paper bag in the vehicle. It gets hot as in there during the day.
    We're rotating the ones I got, leaving used ones in bags in the garage to use again in four days. Probably going to get the anti-pollution masks I was talking about and experiment with the chiffon/silk in place of the filters they come with so I can have stuff I can wash every time long term.

I'm fortunate to live close to an empty area so I won't have to mask up during exercise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take your Tylenol and suffer for two or three weeks. Hopefully, it doesn't get really bad.

Not my plan
    lmao, zinc supplements really gonna get it done... stupid doctors let 50k+ die for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elnono so pessimistic, he thinks this is like in AIDS. Settle down, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elnono so pessimistic, he thinks this is like in AIDS. Settle down, bro.
    Darrin MD thinks he got it all figured out... bro, sell that , you can get rich quick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I do have a problem with the characterization that I'm pessimistic in this case, I'm realistic... there's no cure for this as of this writing, there's hopeful therapies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao, zinc supplements really gonna get it done... stupid doctors let 50k+ die for nothing
    Well, 50k+ die if you let virus go untreated until you're very sick. And then you follow protocols that put people on vents.

I don't blame docs for last part, since they've never seen this disease before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, 50k+ die if you let virus go untreated until you're very sick. And then you follow protocols that put people on vents.

I don't blame docs for last part, since they've never seen this disease before.
    No it does not. 50k+ die because we don't have a ing cure, and everybody's immune system reacts a different way... how hard is that to understand? Even people on hydroxychloroquine and zinc died.

Holy .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even intubated people survive... even if it's only 20% they do. Talk about fear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doctors and Immunologists don't have this under control, but you do Darrin? because you read two papers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I do have a problem with the characterization that I'm pessimistic in this case, I'm realistic... there's no cure for this as of this writing, there's hopeful therapies.
    Sorry man, seems like you are, just a little bit.

I know there's no "cure". There's no cure for the common cold (also a corona virus). That's why I don't hold out hope for a vaccine. , even the flu shot is their best guess at what strain we are getting that season.

I don't know why what I'm saying is controversial to you. We know how this virus replicates in the body and we know certain compounds will probably inhibit that replication.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry man, seems like you are, just a little bit.

I know there's no "cure". There's no cure for the common cold (also a corona virus). That's why I don't hold out hope for a vaccine. , even the flu shot is their best guess at what strain we are getting that season.

I don't know why what I'm saying is controversial to you. We know how this virus replicates in the body and we know certain compounds will probably inhibit that replication.
    We have actual tested, proven therapeutic medicines for the common cold. We do not for covid. You know this, I don't know why I have to explain it, why is not a similar comparison.

We have some drugs that are hopeful, but not proven (yet). I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic. There's no wonder drug or vaccine around the corner. I hope there is, but right now there isn't.

What you're saying is not controversial, it simply glosses over that it's only effective when the zinc can actually reach the virus. That requires a transport to get it there. It's actually a big ing deal and the reason we don't use zinc as a generic viral treatment.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have actual tested, proven therapeutic medicines for the common cold. We do not for covid. You know this, I don't know why I have to explain it, why is not a similar comparison.

We have some drugs that are hopeful, but not proven (yet). I'm not pessimistic, I'm realistic. There's no wonder drug or vaccine around the corner. I hope there is, but right now there isn't.

What you're saying is not controversial, it simply glosses over that it's only effective when the zinc can actually reach the virus. That requires a transport to get it there. It's actually a big ing deal and the reason we don't use zinc as a generic viral treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's why you need zinc and a zinc ionophore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got a half ass diy mask my daughter made me, but I think I need a better one.

To sterilize, I've been leaving it in a paper bag in the vehicle. It gets hot as in there during the day.
    I've got MSA dust masks like these

Had a a couple of boxes of 50 for wood working, mowing my pasture, and stuff. Wife took them in case the practice ran out of masks but they are all stocked up with N95's now.

If you want some I'll mail them to you.

You too Chump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Had a a couple of boxes of 50 for wood working, mowing my pasture, and stuff. Wife took them in case the practice ran out of masks but they are all stocked up with N95's now.

You too Chump

Ill take some snake

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill take some snake
    PM me your address. How many do you need?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You too Chump
    So you paid the $900 on amazon? Those were some deals a couple of months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You too Chump

Yeah, I have some of those, but mine are white (no racist) and made by 3M. And they are hot and fog up your glasses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You too Chump
    Got my (probably expired) Asian stuff, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not babies if they are not born. Can you claim them on your taxes? No, so they are not babies yet.
    You deduct doctors visits on taxes so yes you can claim them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I have some of those, but mine are white (no racist) and made by 3M. And they are hot and got up your glasses.
    Apparently letting your glasses air dry after putting them in soapy water cuts down on the fog. Will try it next time I go out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you paid the $900 on amazon? Those were some deals a couple of months ago.
    maybe $9 at Home Depot years ago

Thread Information