Page 554 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 5445450454455055155255355455555655755856460465410541554 ... LastLast
Results 13,826 to 13,850 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Being outside is safer than being at the grocery store.
    Unless Godzilla

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know some people in Lago Vista. They say there's not many cases up there.
    Yeah, that might as well be the moon compared to Ben White. My zip is still in single digits a few miles away.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget those tests -

next week: Infrastructure week!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that might as well be the moon compared to Ben White. My zip is still in single digits a few miles away.
    One could argue that areas like that are unlikely to have major problems, since people are more spread out. Similar to where I live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One could argue that areas like that are unlikely to have major problems, since people are more spread out. Similar to where I live.
    All things being equal, probably. Time a gathering or an easing of restrictions wrong and you could have a local outbreak. It might end up being whack-a-mole.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than downplaying it initially, and saying a bunch of dumb , what part of his response do you take issue with?
    It's pretty chicken how he lied about having mass drive-thru testing in Walmart and Walgreens parking lots. It has been a month and a half, 57,000 are dead, and it's still not here. He still says we don't need more testing to open the country back up, he's obviously not worried about contact tracing. Having states competing with each other for PPE is insane. Not using the WHO tests that have done great in South Korea, holy what a -up that was. Showing solidarity with spoiled adults blocking off roads in front of a hospital in Lansing when Michigan is getting completely butt ed by this virus is unforgivable. Telling the 30% who will follow to him to and back that he has heard we'll have a vaccine in two months back in March is sociopathic. Trying to prop up the stock market with lies instead of just telling people what's actually happening with the virus is cowardly and a total abandonment of leadership. Having Mnuchin tell the people they'd have two $1200 checks coming and then only sending one as part of his corporate bailout was a nice bait and switch to a nation of people who can't pay their rent and can't pay their mortgage because Trump didn't care and didn't do anything to slow this virus early on. The execution of his European travel ban was a disaster since it ensured thousands of Americans returning home from the then epicenter of the pandemic were packed together like sardines for hours in our airports. That likely killed many Americans. I take issue with him publicly pushing for cruise ship companies that don't pay US taxes and don't employ Americans to get bailed out. Putting the nation's reopening in the hands of total ups like Larry Kudlow, Wilbur Ross, Jared Cuckner, and Ivanka Trump is ridiculous. I don't feel like typing any more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All things being equal, probably. Time a gathering or an easing of restrictions wrong and you could have a local outbreak. It might end up being whack-a-mole.

Well know by june

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty chicken how he lied about having mass drive-thru testing in Walmart and Walgreens parking lots. It has been a month and a half, 57,000 are dead, and it's still not here. He still says we don't need more testing to open the country back up, he's obviously not worried about contact tracing. Having states competing with each other for PPE is insane. Not using the WHO tests that have done great in South Korea, holy what a -up that was. Showing solidarity with spoiled adults blocking off roads in front of a hospital in Lansing when Michigan is getting completely butt ed by this virus is unforgivable. Telling the 30% who will follow to him to and back that he has heard we'll have a vaccine in two months back in March is sociopathic. Trying to prop up the stock market with lies instead of just telling people what's actually happening with the virus is cowardly and a total abandonment of leadership. Having Mnuchin tell the people they'd have two $1200 checks coming and then only sending one as part of his corporate bailout was a nice bait and switch to a nation of people who can't pay their rent and can't pay their mortgage because Trump didn't care and didn't do anything to slow this virus early on. The execution of his European travel ban was a disaster since it ensured thousands of Americans returning home from the then epicenters of the pandemic were packed together like sardines for hours in our airports. I take issue with him publicly pushing for cruise ship companies that don't pay US taxes and don't employ Americans to get bailed out. Putting the nation's reopening in the hands of total ups like Larry Kudlow, Wilbur Ross, Jared Cuckner, and Ivanka Trump is ridiculous. I don't feel like typing any more.

The lack pf leadership is sad af

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Godzilla
    Incoming from the Great Bloated Plot.

And its the fckn Japanese that released the monster I'm betting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty chicken how he lied about having mass drive-thru testing in Walmart and Walgreens parking lots. It has been a month and a half, 57,000 are dead, and it's still not here. He still says we don't need more testing to open the country back up, he's obviously not worried about contact tracing. Having states competing with each other for PPE is insane. Not using the WHO tests that have done great in South Korea, holy what a -up that was. Showing solidarity with spoiled adults blocking off roads in front of a hospital in Lansing when Michigan is getting completely butt ed by this virus is unforgivable. Telling the 30% who will follow to him to and back that he has heard we'll have a vaccine in two months back in March is sociopathic. Trying to prop up the stock market with lies instead of just telling people what's actually happening with the virus is cowardly and a total abandonment of leadership. Having Mnuchin tell the people they'd have two $1200 checks coming and then only sending one as part of his corporate bailout was a nice bait and switch to a nation of people who can't pay their rent and can't pay their mortgage because Trump didn't care and didn't do anything to slow this virus early on. The execution of his European travel ban was a disaster since it ensured thousands of Americans returning home from the then epicenter of the pandemic were packed together like sardines for hours in our airports. That likely killed many Americans. I take issue with him publicly pushing for cruise ship companies that don't pay US taxes and don't employ Americans to get bailed out. Putting the nation's reopening in the hands of total ups like Larry Kudlow, Wilbur Ross, Jared Cuckner, and Ivanka Trump is ridiculous. I don't feel like typing any more.
    Trump supporters act like they can respond to the points you raise with a similarly long paragraph, but they can't. They just ask irrelevant questions directed as establishing some equally irrelevant non-sequiter and punctuate it with TDS! The fact of the matter is that you've described the leadership and government of a failed state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The National Security Council office responsible for tracking pandemics received intelligence reports in early January predicting the spread of the virus to the United States, and within weeks was raising options like keeping Americans home from work and shutting down cities the size of Chicago. Mr. Trump would avoid such steps until March.

Despite Mr. Trump’s denial weeks later, he was told at the time about a Jan. 29 memo produced by his trade adviser, Peter Navarro, laying out in striking detail the potential risks of a coronavirus pandemic: as many as half a million deaths and trillions of dollars in economic losses.

The health and human services secretary, Alex M. Azar II, directly warned Mr. Trump of the possibility of a pandemic during a call on Jan. 30, the second warning he delivered to the president about the virus in two weeks. The president, who was on Air Force One while traveling for appearances in the Midwest, responded that Mr. Azar was being alarmist.

Mr. Azar publicly announced in February that the government was establishing a “surveillance” system in five American cities to measure the spread of the virus and enable experts to project the next hot spots. It was delayed for weeks. The slow start of that plan, on top of the well-do ented failures to develop the nation’s testing capacity, left administration officials with almost no insight into how rapidly the virus was spreading. “We were flying the plane with no instruments,” one official said.

By the third week in February, the administration’s top public health experts concluded they should recommend to Mr. Trump a new approach that would include warning the American people of the risks and urging steps like social distancing and staying home from work. But the White House focused instead on messaging and crucial additional weeks went by before their views were reluctantly accepted by the president — time when the virus spread largely unimpeded.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/u...-response.html

I've posted this before, but it's a good summary.

Still waiting on the cult's explanation of how dear leader has done a good job?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump supporters act like they can respond to the points you raise with a similarly long paragraph, but they can't. They just ask irrelevant questions directed as establishing some equally irrelevant non-sequiter and punctuate it with TDS! The fact of the matter is that you've described the leadership and government of a failed state.
    It just pisses me off thinking of the myriad of ways he has ed us and is still ing us and had to stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just pisses me off thinking of the myriad of ways he has ed us and is still ing us and had to stop.
    Imagine how ahead of the curve we'd be if he started ramping up production of tests + PPE in January?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention delaying the checks because he wanted his name printed on them... that's banana republic level...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/u...-response.html

I've posted this before, but it's a good summary.

Still waiting on the cult's explanation of how dear leader has done a good job?
    You should see PBS Frontline's tale of two Washingtons and how the Trump administration kept telling the state of Washington how they were overreacting in January and February. Then in the same show you get to see people making homemade PPE for Seattle hospitals. Still can't get over being the richest ing country on Earth and New York City doctors and nurses were using garbage bags and Yankees' ponchos for PPE when we didn't take action to start making them in January/February like the pandemic playbook left for Trump outlined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should see PBS Frontline's tale of two Washingtons and how the Trump administration kept telling the state of Washington how they were overreacting in January and February. Then in the same show you get to see people making homemade PPE for Seattle hospitals. Still can't get over being the richest ing country on Earth and New York City nurses were using garbage bags and Yankees' ponchos for PPE when we didn't take action to start making them in January/February like the pandemic playbook left for Trump outlined.
    I'd rather not ...

One of the cherished beliefs held by the cult is that people should be accountable for their actions. All you have to do is look at situations like the one you described, the rising number of dead people, and how ty the economy is projected to be for 2020Q3 and 2020Q4 to say - dear leader really ed up and should be accountable for his ups. But that's not what the cult does at all. They spin excuse after excuse. You need look no further than this thread - no one could give me a straight answer. And that's because there isn't one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but Cuomo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuomo has his own mea culpa to address too... one thing doesn't change the other...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you knew what kind of leadership you were going to get from the prez when he said he wasn't responsible for anything... that's what cowards say when the hits the fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you knew what kind of leadership you were going to get from the prez when he said he wasn't responsible for anything... that's what cowards say when the hits the fan.
    Disagree. Look at DMC's post regarding the coronavirus testing plan. Any non-re ed adult would look at that and realize that dear leader is being a made coward for shirking from the job he was elected to do. Instead he, like the other cultists, see legitimacy in bull excuses like the 10th amendment and state police power doctrine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than downplaying it initially, and saying a bunch of dumb , what part of his response do you take issue with?
    All the others' excellent responses adding to your list aside for a second, think about what you posted (props for that) in the context of a developing pandemic. Time is THE most valuable resource any country has when these things start and makes the difference between the bay area and NYC and the difference between having PPE orders on the way and stealing PPE orders from states you told to find their own . No locality or state had the intel or warnings Trump did months and even years in advance generally. This is what the executive branch is for and that's the initial failure that's been cascading through the nation ever since.

And this stupid mother er is riffing on treatments during briefings and giving himself excellent grades for his performance. This Nero-level is insanity and has to be recognized as such.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuomo has his own mea culpa to address too... one thing doesn't change the other...
    No only Cuomo no Trump

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vy65 getting down to work...

Thread Information