Page 568 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 6846851855856456556656756856957057157257861866810681568 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,200 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Published Nov. 15, 2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol You think a couple of recent anecdotes counters decades of expert advice
    not sure what you mean but its all logic in the end.

just like basketball. you take the easy shots and you guard the easy shots. sure you are not guaranteed to win the game but if you are consistent and stay with the basics you have a damn good chance

same thing with masks, protection, distancing tbqh

I already been calling it for months. everyone in USA will wear a mask in public out of sign of respect and cleanliness

called it

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

just like basketball. you take the easy shots and you guard the easy shots. sure you are not guaranteed to win the game but if you are consistent and stay with the basics you have a damn good chance

I already been calling it for months. everyone in USA will wear a mask in public out of sign of respect and cleanliness

called it
    Don't mind SnakeBoy. His ego has taken such a beating since Trump failed he's resorting to false bravado by his manliest of proxies....Mike Pence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

called it

But have you rallied the neighbors hate? Have they bought in?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so what? 27K cases, 1800 dead in LA

NOLA got bombed with Mardi Gras then got smart.

What are your policy recommendations for NOLA? Laissez les bons temps rouler, encore?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-28-2020 at 07:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But have you rallied the neighbors hate? Have they bought in?
    its a free country. in the end its like crossing the street, you better look both ways or you can get run the over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind SnakeBoy. His ego has taken such a beating since Trump failed he's resorting to false bravado by his manliest of proxies....Mike Pence.
    Not at all I continue to be based in reality while most of you embrace fantasy out of fear and cuz Trump

All these decades of vaccine and antiviral research and all we needed was a face mask to eliminate respiratory viruses...it's fantasy

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all I continue to be based in reality while most of you embrace fantasy out of fear and cuz Trump

All these decades of vaccine and antiviral research and all we needed was a face mask to eliminate respiratory viruses...it's fantasy
    Straw man.

Seriously dude, quit digging yourself deeper in your hole of shame. You're not going back in time to reverse Trump's failure or your embarrassment for going all in on him. It's done. There is no coming back for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol You think a couple of recent anecdotes counters decades of expert advice
    I think a new study with better information counters older evidence, especially if that evidence is merely anecdotal. That is how science works.

You got dunked on by hater. Own it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Published Nov. 15, 2019

I guess I'm the only one who is creeped the out by how prophetic this video is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

called it
    WTF. You need to stop making sense, it is seriously ing with my world view. Snakeboy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the Netflix do entary. Bill Gates called it in February'19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that we should start opening up elective surgeries. The closure of those never made sense to me since having a surgery promptly to remove or cancer tumor before it metastasizes saves a life all the same.

But remember, this doctor isn't an epidemiologist and I highly disagree with this idea, which will be trumpeted by conservatives in the coming weeks:

The way this transpired tells me the ebb and flow had more to do with the natural course of the outbreak than it did with the lockdown.
    The difference between an R0 of 1.95 (1 person infects another 2) and 2.95 is staggering (1 person infects another 3). Doesn't seem like much at first glance. "Big deal. So one more person gets infected with an R0 of 3." But shaving off that extra one person from the factor cuts down the exponential growth an unbelievable amount that just seems impossible.

http://gabgoh.github.io/COVID/index.html

An R0 of 1.95 translates to a death toll of 4935 over 200 days in a country the size of the US.
    An R0 of 2.95 translates to a death toll of over 1.8 million over 200 days.

The curve is bending because we are reducing the R0, not because the virus magically has a "natural curve." It just doesn't seem like it because reducing the factor by even a little bit has big consequences. I've seen a lot of chatter by the usual conservative suspects that because we've avoided the "doomsday" scenario so far, the lethality of the virus must be overstated. Again, it's because the measures we're employing really do curtail exponential growth by an unbelievable amount, so in hindsight, it might look like things were overstated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the only fantasy is you thinking we said masks eliminate respiratory illness

on my 3rd or 4th post in this thread I said masks wont do to stop this pandemic.

but some protection is always better than no protection. otherwise you would not see
    the medics clamor for PPE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have known about pandemics for forever.

This is basic epidemiology.

And yes. this is eerily prescient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the Netflix do entary. Bill Gates called it in February'19
    Don't you mean 2015?

Anyhow, that video seems to describe the traits of sars-cov-2 that make it so hard to deal with. Namely, long incubation and asymptomatic spreaders.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only fantasy is you thinking we said masks eliminate respiratory illness

on my 3rd or 4th post in this thread I said masks wont do to stop this pandemic.

but some protection is always better than no protection. otherwise you would not see
    the medics clamor for PPE
    You just admitted the masks don't do

The virus will run it's course as I have said

Called it

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter what it is if trump ignores it for 2 months

This president has been a colossal up for the ages

Posterity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just admitted the masks don't do

The virus will run it's course as I have said

Called it
    its not about run its course but the pace. thats why we are quarantining. so the virus doesnt run its course and devastate our medical services.

using protection will slow the pace and in many cases protect people from it. PPE does protect. otherwise no medical doctor would wear any tbqh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snakeboy getting schooled by Hater now. its getting ugly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snakeboy getting schooled by Hater now. its getting ugly
    huh? Ive schooled pretty much everyone on this board throughout the years including you countless times nig

this thread is living proof when it comes to schooling Im a PHD and ya nigs freshmen

I school d you so much in particular you need to pay me tuition fees ma nig

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh? Ive schooled pretty much everyone on this board throughout the years including you countless times nig

this thread is living proof when it comes to schooling Im a PHD and ya nigs freshmen

I school d you so much in particular you need to pay me tuition fees ma nig
    Cashapp my ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you mean 2015?

Anyhow, that video seems to describe the traits of sars-cov-2 that make it so hard to deal with. Namely, long incubation and asymptomatic spreaders.
    Dunno about 2015. The interview with Bill sitting, talking about the inevitable pandemic virus coming was done last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno about 2015. The interview with Bill sitting, talking about the inevitable pandemic virus coming was done last year.
    Nevermind, I was talking about his 2015 TED talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We all know this is how it ends D. No more food,ufo's exist, ty leadership,thousands dying daily and an invisible enemy

Thread Information