Page 578 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 7847852856857457557657757857958058158258862867810781578 ... LastLast
Results 14,426 to 14,450 of 40795
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coordinated attack on science, dismantling the rigors and principles of the scientific process, is not a new phenomenon but has taken on a dangerously absurd turn when, in the name of science, the ruling elites attempt to support the unconfirmed hypothesis that it is safe to return to work based on screening tests for antibodies that may produce high rates of “false positives.” These endeavors are intended to force a Rubicon, committing the working class to endure the diktats of the markets, to making the coronavirus endemic in society, never mind the staggering potential loss in human life that such measures may cause.

https://www.wsws.org/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However, reports of early reinfections in Japan, as well as concerns over dozens of individuals in South Korea who tested positive after a do ented COVID-19 infection, have health authorities and scientists perplexed. According to the spokesman for the South Korean health and welfare minister, Son Young-rae, these positive results occurred between two days and two weeks after patients were released from quarantine. Some had developed fevers and respiratory symptoms as well. They were placed back into isolation. Data from China on patients discharged from a Wuhan hospital corroborates these unusual developments, with approximately 5-10 percent of patients who had been pronounced “recovered” have tested positive for the virus again.
    I understand you’re rooting for COVID but evidence to date suggests that recurrent positive tests are secondary to COVID antigens not viable virus and culture positive results haven’t been found. Given the scope of antibody testing going on now risk of reinfection will be evident VERY SOON.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jesus.

- During World War II, we taxed the rich at 96 percent on earnings over 200K to help fund the war effort.
    - Today, we give the rich 500 billion to "help" the war effort.

, Yeah without that preserving jobs stipulation, it's really going to "trickle down." I expect this cash to be used mostly for stock buybacks in a last ditch effort to save some of the quarterly report.
    During WWII we had the greatest president the nation has ever had. Now we have the tiest most corrupt one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand you’re rooting for COVID but evidence to date suggests that recurrent positive tests are secondary to COVID antigens not viable virus and culture positive results haven’t been found. Given the scope of antibody testing going on now risk of reinfection will be evident VERY SOON.
    Im rooting to save lives

I understand you are rooting for anecdotal science to pretend this is not a problem anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im rooting to save lives

I understand you are rooting for anecdotal science to pretend this is not a problem anymore
    Always anxious to learn. Please linked me to the study showing those which tested positive developed antibodies then tested positive again with viable, intact, infectious virions. So who is relying on anecdotal science and who on conjecture and wishful thinking?

... and btw the Remdesivir study showed a very impressive p value substantiating claims it offered therapeutic efficacy. Even the China study was trending toward the same results, just lack sufficient enrolled patients
    Last edited by picnroll; 04-30-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TheGreatYacht I found your captain
    Niiiiiice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always action to learn. Please linked me to the study showing those which tested positive developed antibodies then tested positive again with viable, intact, infectious virions. So who is relying on anecdotal science and who on conjecture and wishful thinking?

... and btw the Remdesivir study showed a very impressive p value substantiating claims it offered therapeutic efficacy. Even the China study was trending toward the same results, just lack sufficient enrolled patients
    china and south korea already disclosed this in real life scenarios.

could they both be wrong? doubtful

could it be that we dont know for a fact that humans develop immunity to Covid as we do with oter viruses? absolutely we dont know for a fact

could it be a stupid idea to tell public the lie that we scientifically know we have immunity therefore we should all go out to the streets? yes absolutely a stupid idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    china and south korea already disclosed this in real life scenarios.

could they both be wrong? doubtful

could it be that we dont know for a fact that humans develop immunity to Covid as we do with oter viruses? absolutely we dont know for a fact

could it be a stupid idea to tell public the lie that we scientifically know we have immunity therefore we should all go out to the streets? yes absolutely a stupid idea
    I didn’t say there is proof humans did develop immunity. I did say we should know soon. I did say there is NO PROOF that once antibodies are detected that intact, viable infective virions are presented. Please point me to the Chinese or Korean studies that have proven they are. Always willing to learn.

... and by the way I linked to a multi-site study a couple of days showing there were three antibody test with very few FPs or FNs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t say there is proof humans did develop immunity. I did say we should know soon. I did say there is NO PROOF that once antibodies are detected that intact, viable infective virions are presented. Please point me to the Chinese or Korean studies that have proven they are. Always willing to learn.

... and by the way I linked to a multi-site study a couple of days showing there were three antibody test with very few FPs or FNs.
    “we should know soon”

so we agree then. we should not be directing populations in to act on something that “we should know soon” will work or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “we should know soon”

so we agree then. we should not be directing populations in to act on something that “we should know soon” will work or not
    Of course. I’m not a brain dead Trash fan.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However, reports of early reinfections in Japan, as well as concerns over dozens of individuals in South Korea who tested positive after a do ented COVID-19 infection, have health authorities and scientists perplexed. According to the spokesman for the South Korean health and welfare minister, Son Young-rae, these positive results occurred between two days and two weeks after patients were released from quarantine. Some had developed fevers and respiratory symptoms as well. They were placed back into isolation. Data from China on patients discharged from a Wuhan hospital corroborates these unusual developments, with approximately 5-10 percent of patients who had been pronounced “recovered” have tested positive for the virus again.
    Is this really reinfection or is it recurrence of virus already in a survivor's system though? While pretty similar for the infected individual they're pretty different for the virus' spread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. I’m not a brain dead Trash fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this really reinfection or is it recurrence of virus already in a survivor's system though? While pretty similar for the infected individual they're pretty different for the virus' spread.
    I think thats why they use “perplexing”

there is that case about that pro soccer player Dybala who still testing positive even after 40 days in isolation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jesus.

- During World War II, we taxed the rich at 96 percent on earnings over 200K to help fund the war effort.
    - Today, we give the rich 500 billion to "help" the war effort.

, Yeah without that preserving jobs stipulation, it's really going to "trickle down." I expect this cash to be used mostly for stock buybacks in a last ditch effort to save some of the quarterly report.
    They're pushing on a string. The real economy is estimated to contract by ~35% in Q2. We could be looking at 30% unemployment by the end of next month.

Investors =/= the economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So much wrong with this. His "pseudo-trolley problem" perspective here can be easily dismantled.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

So much wrong with this. His "pseudo-trolley problem" perspective here can be easily dismantled.
    Hmm I don't recall when a bunch of 5 year old died at Sandy Hook there was nothing done of note on the change front.....Also Ben sounds like such a nerd it's hard to take him seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russian PM tests positive

For some reason I have a feeling Putin will fall ill as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump gets bump in latest Gallup Poll:
    49% approval (+6, tied for his best)
    47% disapproval (-7)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

nah

putin and trump have the antidote

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boris Johnson was overweight and a big smoker.
    He got pretty close to kicking it, but had the really good people watching over him.
    I imagine Putin will have the best people as well if he gets disturbing symptoms.

This healthcare thing is clearly not equitable which is why we have a much larger % Of minorities dying from this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly at 64k deaths in the US. Good news is that we only have 10k more to go between now and August you guys!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm I don't recall when a bunch of 5 year old died at Sandy Hook there was nothing done of note on the change front.....Also Ben sounds like such a nerd it's hard to take him seriously.
    he was a virgin until he was 24

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Republican governor uses national guard to protect South Korean medical tests from theft by Republican president."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Remdesivir only works somewhat on patients that are gravely ill. It doesn't works on just any COVID19 positive person.

Thread Information