Page 583 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 8348353357357958058158258358458558658759363368310831583 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the tunnel that goes beneath downtown Mobile, Alabama on IH-10. As a Austinite by choice, the notion of burying IH-35 has immense appeal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

must have been a non-peak transit.

https://www.al.com/live/2010/10/mobi...ce_tunnel.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think about Elon Musk's sad transit tunnel sometimes, pour myself another brandy, and think about what could have been. What could still be.
    Its a great idea. Probably even doable.

We aren't that country anymore though. Rotten with fascism, and wanna be monarchists, who will complain, factless, about anything that spends tax dollars as being not worth the cost/benfit.

If it makes people's lives better or represents some great achievement... no. We get a useless wall as national priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We aren't that country anymore though. Rotten with fascism, and wanna be monarchists, who will complain, factless, about anything that spends tax dollars as being not worth the cost/benfit.

If it makes people's lives better or represents some great achievement... no. We get a useless wall as national priority.
    Have you not heard the idea that IH-35 should be buried through the middle of Austin, TX.? Can something like that actually happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Elon Musk's rocket company doing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunderf00t is gold.

Dude walked through it pretty well. I have changed my mind about whether this is a good idea, and agree it stinks.

I had kinda suspected some of the flaws, but it doesn't take much analysis to lay the whole thing bare. Musk is a jackass, who need to be told his scheme is .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As envisioned by those silly CGI representations of the concept, no, it isn't a "great idea." A vast network of single lane tunnels that run hundreds of feet deep is a logistical, engineering, and safety nightmare. And that stupid elevator system would be a huge bottleneck and probably congest the system more than an average highway at rush hour. Just imagine the line of cars sitting behind each other to enter the elevator (it'll probably take 5 minutes to deliver a car to the lowest level) one-by-one.

Subterranean transit is pretty much a solved problem. Subways. Musk is just complicating a 100 year old simple solution with his sci-fi visionary nonsense, and the press and fanboys credulously lap it up for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s just going to run with the “Medical facilities are abusing the system, the real death count is much lower” excuse and anybody who believed otherwise is a lib Shillary worshipper, etc. And of course it will work.
    Not everybody is dumb as Qhris or tholdren, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you not heard the idea that IH-35 should be buried through the middle of Austin, TX.? Can something like that actually happen?
    Had heard the idea. I don't see a tight-fisted Republican government giving the go ahead.

At some point city government will be pressed to do something. The river and aquifers will make buried tunnels not practical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had heard the idea. I don't see a tight-fisted Republican government giving the go ahead.

At some point city government will be pressed to do something. The river and aquifers will make buried tunnels not practical.
    Of course a tree hugger like you would object. :-p

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunderf00t is gold.

Dude walked through it pretty well. I have changed my mind about whether this is a good idea, and agree it stinks.

I had kinda suspected some of the flaws, but it doesn't take much analysis to lay the whole thing bare. Musk is a jackass, who need to be told his scheme is .
    Yeah, Musk likes to overcomplicate concepts we've had a century to think about and refine. His tunnel system and hyperloop ideas are just a dumb science fiction reimaginings of subways, which work pretty damn well. For America, our goal should be to bring those systems into the modern age, as other countries have done. Our fastest train is only 160mph vs. the 300 mph trains in Japan and such.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Elon Musk's rocket company doing?
    Their profitability is up for debate. Musk will probably wind up sabotaging the company eventually with his re ed ideas, like manned missions to Mars (probably won't happen in our lifetime) and Mars colonization (won't happen for centuries) that will throw a load of good money after bad. Starlink seems to be a good, practical idea. I think Musk's problem is that he gets bored with "practicality."

I also have an issue with humanity "looking toward the stars" when we can't even solve like poverty on Earth. I forget that quote, goes something like "If you spend too much time contemplating the infinite, you forget about the immediate." We need to walk before we can run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gag that nazi

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres tons of meat where I went yesterday

I dont live in SA but after seeing all the meat yesterday I dont think theres a problem yet

u gotta pick the slowest time to go to grocery

middle of the week at lunchtime or right after IMO

and drive to a less populated area
    HEB is doing a good job of limiting amount people can purchase, but there seems to be less pork in general even with that. I have a smaller chest freezer full of venison and feral hog thankfully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clay soil here can shift a lot with rain, I don't know if this is the place do so something like that.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gag that nazi
    What purpose is served by gagging Fauci?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to counter the gaslighting campaign coming up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the tunnel that goes beneath downtown Mobile, Alabama on IH-10. As a Austinite by choice, the notion of burying IH-35 has immense appeal.
    I design roads for a living
    Access is an issue when you bury a freeway. Peps got to get on and off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cover ups are all about one thing and one thing only: hiding the truth.

Has Fauci been ordered to recommmend drugs/vaccines?
    What happened when trump was given the presidential briefings?

confirm dates, times, reactions of white house and what the intel was suggesting...

so many things that could shed light and nail down facts for later investigations...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elon’s a , but Teslas are fun as to drive.
    All full electric cars are fun to drive. Torque whiplash. Scream off the line.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their profitability is up for debate. Musk will probably wind up sabotaging the company eventually with his re ed ideas, like manned missions to Mars (probably won't happen in our lifetime) and Mars colonization (won't happen for centuries) that will throw a load of good money after bad. Starlink seems to be a good, practical idea. I think Musk's problem is that he gets bored with "practicality."

I also have an issue with humanity "looking toward the stars" when we can't even solve like poverty on Earth. I forget that quote, goes something like "If you spend too much time contemplating the infinite, you forget about the immediate." We need to walk before we can run.
    Goodness what a outlook. Big audacious goals and the pursuit of them use to be inspirational. I can only imagine how many great achievements could have been avoided with this philosophy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gag that nazi
    Because Trump knows more about science and stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Their Starlink low orbit satellite system could be a huge moneymaker, disrupting cell operators. He'll likely face compe ion in this area at a latter date, but the fact that they're first to market is a big opportunity for them.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gag that nazi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goodness what a outlook. Big audacious goals and the pursuit of them use to be inspirational. I can only imagine how many great achievements could have been avoided with this philosophy.
    This is such a cliched counterargument to the criticism of dumb ideas by so-called "visionaries" like Musk. Not every idea is of equal worth, feasibility, or practicality. His underground transit ideas have already been solved by better technology that was invented over 100 years ago. Mars colonization is just LOL.

Let's put Musk's ideas into perspective. Would you call pursuit of nuclear powered jetpacks that promises to revolutionize personal transport "inspirational?" No. It's just a dumb idea not worth considering beyond mockery. Many of Musk's ideas reside in the nuclear jet pack tier of speculation and plausibility.

Thread Information