Page 6 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could be played up to another level if the symptoms were more than just upper respiratory.
    If one’s eyes started bulging out and then exploded in a shower of blood to infect others we could all hide.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    natural population control?
    From the viruses point of view this would be an evolutionary dead end.
    A virus should not kill its host, just create mild symptoms to spread (usually some mucus and sneezing)
    This virus could learn something from the rhinoviruses (common cold)

More interesting is all of our genomes are riddled with different viral base sequences. It is possible that some environmental cue could start these sequences replicating and creating actual infective viruses but they usually just affect the host (herpes) It’s cool that some of these viral sequences made it into our sex cells though. So go have babies and pass em on. It’s ok, they usually just sit there our entire life and are never activated. Some sequences are in so many pieces they could not possibly code for anything of consequence, they are just along for the ride of being replicated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Third US coronavirus case confirmed in California;

infection can spread before symptoms show

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/26/coronavirus-third-us-patient-diagnosed-california/4580804002/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but Chinese health care standards.
    Doesn't really matter. If the number in critical condition is accurate it will end up having similar mortality rate as SARS & MERS as the number of cases climb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could be played up to another level if the symptoms were more than just upper respiratory.
    If one’s eyes started bulging out and then exploded in a shower of blood to infect others we could all hide.
    bro everyone knows you cant hide from exploding eyeballs and blood showers. Theyll get 'cha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the seasonal flu in USA is much more deadly and probable than the Chineses coronavirus (so far)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whos shorting the out of corona stock amirite

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rushed Coronavirus Experimental Vaccine To Be Tested On You, US Iraq Embassy Hit & Gaza Under Attack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its just a little dead virus, youll be fine

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the viruses point of view this would be an evolutionary dead end.
    A virus should not kill its host, just create mild symptoms to spread (usually some mucus and sneezing)
    This virus could learn something from the rhinoviruses (common cold)
    I'm sure this strain just like SARS, MERS, or influenza for that matter are not killing their host. It's the cytokine storm that does the killing.

Most effective drug to stop/prevent cytokine storm is nicotine which of course will never be used by the medical community. If there's ever a serious viral pandemic and I get a fever...well me and nicorette

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not one mutation away form infecting millions is was already person to person when OP was made, OP is an idiot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not one mutation away form infecting millions is was already person to person when OP was made, OP is an idiot
    true, jump was already made. They think this one went from bats -> snakes as intermediary -> humans. SARS was bats -> civet cats -> human.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you sir are an idiot

one more mutation and it would become so infectious millions woukd be affected

also when i created this it was not known it transmitted human to human

also was not known that it is transmitted before symptoms

you win stupidest poster in the thread award niga
    Last edited by hater; 01-26-2020 at 10:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the seasonal flu in USA is much more deadly and probable than the Chineses coronavirus (so far)
    Lol. No it’s not. The mortality rate is about 15 per 100,000. Corona virus is going to turn out to be way higher than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you sir are an idiot

so it's one mutation from violating laws of physics and just popping into people gotcha, because after person to person transmission there is no other form of transmission that escalates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. No it’s not. The mortality rate is about 15 per 100,000. Corona virus is going to turn out to be way higher than that.

it's not as bad as SARS was years ago, the problem obviously, is the more people get it the more chance its gets to mutate into a high consequence pathogen, that mutation by the way doesn't make it more infectious it makes it more deadly. Most of the deaths were people who couldn't fight it off like the flu does every year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you sir are an idiot

Left unchecked, it already will infect millions... that's why they are quarantining the out of everyone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not as bad as SARS was years ago, the problem obviously, is the more people get it the more chance its gets to mutate into a high consequence pathogen, that mutation by the way doesn't make it more infectious it makes it more deadly. Most of the deaths were people who couldn't fight it off like the flu does every year.
    CDC says they still can't say if it's less severe than SARS, need a larger sample size. That's why I said the numbers look concerning to me if the number of critically ill is correct. Mortality rate could jump up quickly. It's only been a week or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true, jump was already made. They think this one went from bats -> snakes as intermediary -> humans. SARS was bats -> civet cats -> human.
    I think it can still mutate in ways that make it spread easier. If it could be spread from people to insects for example. Or survive in the water. Things like that. If it could mutate to be transferable between more species, I don’t know how you’d stop it. Can’t easily quarantine birds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you sir are an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah so
    far compared to a flu this is like 3 times worse so compare to a strong flu that will throw you down in bed for 4-5 days minimum

and its way way more contagious

and this is so far....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it can still mutate in ways that make it spread easier. If it could be spread from people to insects for example. Or survive in the water. Things like that. If it could mutate to be transferable between more species, I don’t know how you’d stop it. Can’t easily quarantine birds.
    exactly

thus why my thread is spot on

called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC says they still can't say if it's less severe than SARS, need a larger sample size. That's why I said the numbers look concerning to me if the number of critically ill is correct. Mortality rate could jump up quickly. It's only been a week or so.
    also....

wuhan suppoosedly has 50,000 hospital beds

hospitals are 100% full

measly few 2,000 infections so far? doesnt add up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information