Page 605 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 10550555559560160260360460560660760860961565570511051605 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,125 of 40782
    Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a Twitter account
    You don't need a Twitter account to read tweets on Twitter. If you click on the tweet(don't click on the link box within the tweet) it should open up another tab with the tweet I linked. Click on the tweet from that tab and it you'll see the 10 chain tweet "thread" from that individual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look, the midget is racist
    Ask someone who is better looking is racist
    Unsecure much ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So back based on lack of response after everyone popped off originally, I'm guessing that the president has basically no control over what state governments do. New York isn't the only state with an airport.

Seems like the real concern here is just swinging the pendulum to the other side of the aisle in November.
    Rest assured they'll include the failed decision making of others on Trump's scorecard. That's all a lot easier if you ignore the things you are discussing.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In stark contrast, officials at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stymied private and academic development of diagnostic tests. Much to the contrary, the CDC required that public health officials use only a diagnostic test designed by the agency. That test—released on February 5—turned out to be contaminated by a reagent that made it impossible for outside labs to tell if the virus was present in a sample or not. The CDC's insistence on top-down centralized testing meant there were no available alternatives, which greatly slowed down disease detection just as the infection rate was accelerating.

This massive bureaucratic failure is a big part of why a larger proportion of Americans than of South Koreans will suffer and die from the viral illness."

Some look at this failure and blame Trump for not being all knowing to remove regulations that prevent the market from solving problems.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a Twitter account
    whataboutaman doesn't know a twitter account isn't necessary to read a twitter thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's up to them and their employers/regulatory.
    The virus doesn't care about employers and regulations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paulo Dybala is gonna have the Rona foverer

the strange case of elite athletes and testing positive for corona. looks like the virus loves athletes lungs

RIP pro sports tbqh

this is some ed up virus
    Better than Missi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MY PROPHECY IS COMPLETELY FULFILLED:

and if it happened I dont see why further mutation is not unlikely

Called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Joooos though... Bill Gates involved? oh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ that bottom pic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess all of you are doing ok, since it's business as usual in here.

Waiting for hater to post something about murder hornets carrying a much deadlier strain of corona, possibly from aliens, which now exist.
    We're all obscenely rich and handsome, tbh, save the well known incels...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're all obscenely rich and handsome, tbh, save the well known incels...
    Well, I'm lucky that way. Can't speak for the incels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no doubt Sean Hannity or Lou Dobbs would feature a segment about how moon rocks have a similar elemental makeup as cheese and therefore Trump was right.
    Are Trump's moon rocks
    a) extremely delicious
    b) ridiculous mouth watering
    c) just plain tasty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to start opening things up, slowly, and checking the outcomes. The goal was to flatten the curve, not to get to zero cases, which is impractical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol "brave"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. She's white.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otherwise she'd be considered uppity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Original take as well. You're just behind Blake on meaningful content.
    I'd love to see your meaningful content rankings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to start opening things up, slowly, and checking the outcomes. The goal was to flatten the curve, not to get to zero cases, which is impractical.
    Well, Abbott said the reopening would start because “the COVID-19 infection rate has been on the decline over the past seventeen days” though it didn't really do that.

Let's just agree it should reopen because we say so and any number of deaths from here on out are heroic sacrifices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still ignoring the fact that NY is a dem controlled state. Guaranteed if a red state had 25K deaths and NY had 500 or so, several of you would be pointing out daily how the repug lead state governments killed people.

Why are you folks so afraid to address the NY situation honestly instead of going for the November agenda? It's not a good look for ya's.

Are you saying this is wrong:

2. No, the president cannot simply order state and local officials to change their policies

Here we have issues that fall under the headings of both federalism and separation of powers. Let’s start with federalism.

Most readers will appreciate this already, but it needs to be said: Our cons utional order has a federal structure, meaning that (a) federal powers are supreme, yes, but limited in scope and (b) the state governments are independent en ies, not mere subordinate layers under and within the federal government (that is, the federal-state relationship is not similar to the way that counties and cities are subordinate layers under the state governments).

What follows from this? The federal government cannot commandeer the machinery of the state governments (or, by extension, of local governments). That is, the federal government cannot coerce the states into taking actions to suit federal policy preference. See, e.g., New York v. United States and Printz v. United States. And so, the federal government cannot compel state and local officials to promulgate different rules on social distancing and the like.
    You've glossed over the numerous times in the past I've said Di Blasio has ed up the response -- and -- even where I said he was godawful in the ing post you're quoting -- all to push a narrative. There's no point in quoting me if you're not even going to bother responding to what I've said. Again, posters besides me have repeatedly "addressed" the NY situation -- why can't you address the Trump situation?

Your own post responds to your half-assed attempt to raise the federal issue. Also, commandeering is irrelevant when the USFG could use its interstate commerce power and/or use commerce clause power to condition funds on the states doing what they say.

But that's got nothing to do with the question you want nothing to do with: What does Di Blasio being godawful have to do with Trump?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This last observation raises yet another point: Professor Dorf’s bottom line might be correct—the federal government has broad powers here to impose a national lockdown—but the Commerce Clause power needn’t and shouldn’t be the only authority to look at or rely on. Today’s coronavirus is from all indications a natural phenomenon, but what if another super-virus—the next one—is introduced in America intentionally as a form of biological warfare? Recent headlines about the U.S. military sheltering in place remind us all that military preparedness might depend in the twenty-first century on creating—even by mandate—herd immunity, just as other forms of military preparedness throughout American history have required compulsion (e.g., selective service conscription).
    DMC gonna run away from this like he always does. He read an article once about anti-commandeering doctrines, so apparently now he's a consitutional scholar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Cons ution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, look, there's even a guy on Fox News ting on DMC:

The "Life, Liberty & Levin" host explained that the Commerce Clause of the Cons ution gives Congress the power to "regulate commerce ... among the several States" and added that the New Deal era saw Supreme Court rulings that further strengthened the federal executive's authority over the states.

"The debate about federalism was a fake debate and I've given this a lot of thought," Levin said. "This has nothing to do with federalism. The president has more power to order governors, if he chooses, to open up their economies than people think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, look, there's even a guy on Fox News ting on DMC:
    I mean he could have at the very least passed along the warnings he was gifted saying how badly we could be ed, but that kind of surveillance and intel collection is up to mayors and county judges, right?

Thread Information