Page 610 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 11051056060060660760860961061161261361462066071011101610 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,250 of 40795
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The virus doesn't care about employers and regulations.
    Did you ask?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In stark contrast, officials at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stymied private and academic development of diagnostic tests. Much to the contrary, the CDC required that public health officials use only a diagnostic test designed by the agency. That test—released on February 5—turned out to be contaminated by a reagent that made it impossible for outside labs to tell if the virus was present in a sample or not. The CDC's insistence on top-down centralized testing meant there were no available alternatives, which greatly slowed down disease detection just as the infection rate was accelerating.

This massive bureaucratic failure is a big part of why a larger proportion of Americans than of South Koreans will suffer and die from the viral illness."

Some look at this failure and blame Trump for not being all knowing to remove regulations that prevent the market from solving problems.
    But you have to admit Trump did a ty job. Just admit it, cultist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whataboutaman doesn't know a twitter account isn't necessary to read a twitter thread
    I don't tweet. Why would I know?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because POTUS has the power to check re s at the local level of government.

Why does Di Blasio being a godawful leader make Trump a good one?
    You've glossed over the numerous times in the past I've said Di Blasio has ed up the response -- and -- even where I said he was godawful in the ing post you're quoting -- all to push a narrative. There's no point in quoting me if you're not even going to bother responding to what I've said. Again, posters besides me have repeatedly "addressed" the NY situation -- why can't you address the Trump situation?

Your own post responds to your half-assed attempt to raise the federal issue. Also, commandeering is irrelevant when the USFG could use its interstate commerce power and/or use commerce clause power to condition funds on the states doing what they say.

But that's got nothing to do with the question you want nothing to do with: What does Di Blasio being godawful have to do with Trump?
    Who is in control of New York where 25000 people have died from the virus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but Trump suggested injecting Lysol what more can you ask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . I'm seeing this a lot from Conserva twitter. Um, the most densely populated states in colder weather regions are typically Blue states. What seem to be the key factors that contribute to spread? Population density and colder weather.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In stark contrast, officials at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stymied private and academic development of diagnostic tests. Much to the contrary, the CDC required that public health officials use only a diagnostic test designed by the agency. That test—released on February 5—turned out to be contaminated by a reagent that made it impossible for outside labs to tell if the virus was present in a sample or not. The CDC's insistence on top-down centralized testing meant there were no available alternatives, which greatly slowed down disease detection just as the infection rate was accelerating.

This massive bureaucratic failure is a big part of why a larger proportion of Americans than of South Koreans will suffer and die from the viral illness."

Some look at this failure and blame Trump for not being all knowing to remove regulations that prevent the market from solving problems.
    america not great again now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC gonna run away from this like he always does. He read an article once about anti-commandeering doctrines, so apparently now he's a consitutional scholar.
    Oh, look, there's even a guy on Fox News ting on DMC:
    Would have interfered with his heavy regimen of Fox & Friends and tweeting tbh
    I've found that the best thing to do when you've been accused of breaking your oath of office is to break your oath some more.
    Holy you raged

I asked you a simple question: was the paragraph accurate or not? Many posts later you haven't answer it.

What control did the POTUS (not congress, not the military) have over the decisions made in NY?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Airborne Coronavirus:

Scientists In Italy Find Coronavirus On Air Pollution Particles

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/05/04/airborne-coronavirus-scientists-in-italy-find-coronavirus-on-air-pollution-particles/

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    . I'm seeing this a lot from Conserva twitter. Um, the most densely populated states in colder weather regions are typically Blue states. What seem to be the key factors that contribute to spread? Population density and colder weather.

Agreed. But you’ve got to admit the biased media coverage of Cuomo compared to say DeSantis has been laughable. One forced Covid patients into skilled nursing homes while the other worked to protect his vulnerable population. One was hailed as a hero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, telling people the virus is under control DESPITE the CDC ups on Feb. 5th (Trump was still shilling the stock market 3 weeks later) isn't a ty job. And he was even BACKING UP the CDC as doing "a great job" on February 25th. Then he says on Feb. 26th, the next day, that cases will soon be down to zero. You know what a great "leader" does in the situation? Tells the in' truth to the people, something like, "This very could well be a serious situation that will progress to an epidemic. I suggest the American people try to stay home as much as possible, wash their hands, and practice some social distancing until more information comes to light." Anyone who isn't a cult member should realize in hindsight that Trump's comments and downplaying were 100 percent motivated by trying to protect the stock market and economy in an election year, since those are the only things he can really campaign on. Without a strong economy and market, he basically loses all of the "hold their noses and vote for him" voters.

"Maybe he got the wrong information from his 'experts'" ? If you believe that, I got a moon made out of cheese to sell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait is DMC claiming Trump did NOT do a ty job??

holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. But you’ve got to admit the biased media coverage of Cuomo compared to say DeSantis has been laughable. One forced Covid patients into skilled nursing homes while the other worked to protect his vulnerable population. One was hailed as a hero.
    Both governors did restrict nursing home visitations. To be fair about the Cuomo policy of not restricting nursing homes from accepting Covid patients, nursing homes and ALF are also rehab centers. If an older patient who recovered from a nasty bout with Covid hasn't anywhere else to go (i.e. they can go somewhere where friends and family can take care of them), I think Cuomo's hands would be tied in this situation. Where else are you supposed to send a recovered patient still in bad shape if there isn't anyone else to take them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

holy
    DMC's rebuttal here is that the president isn't responsible for everything. And maybe so, to that I ask, "Why the do we even need a president anyway?" What purpose do they really serve aside from diplomatic photo ops and a something for the R and D teams to fight over? The whole in' point of "states rights" was basically to make a single figurehead powerless. They even need congress to declare war. "Presidents" are obsolete. The founders actually figured that out, too, since they entire point of decentralizing power was avoid the type of monarchy the revolution fought to free the colonials from.

Maybe the R and D teams would get along much better and the states would be more united if the US got rid of the President concept. States rights all the way. The US is too culturally and politically diverse for a single person to "represent" all of them.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

holy
    Are you kidding? That land whale is all up in that ass...but he sometimes pulls his obese head out to claim he’s an honest broker lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intel shared among U.S. allies contradicts claim coronavirus spread because of lab accident

Intelligence shared between the U.S., United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand indicates that

it's "highly unlikely" the COVID-19 coronavirus originated in a Wuhan, China, laboratory

intelligence points to the coronavirus outbreak coming from a market in Wuhan, and it's "highly likely it was naturally occurring and that the human infection was from natural human and animal interaction."

"clearly the market is where it exploded from," but it's not clear how the virus got there. This official noted that each Five Eyes country does keep some intelligence to themselves, and

the U.S. might not be sharing everything it knows about the coronavirus.

Pompeo has
    claimed there is "enormous evidence" the coronavirus spread as a result of a lab accident, LIE

backing up earlier comments made by President Trump. LIE

there is no evidence the virus was man-made or genetically modified.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/912726/report-intel-shared-among-allies-contradicts-claim-coronavirus-spread-because-lab-accident

Trash and his mafiya scapegoating China and WHO while refusing to discuss his negligent manslaughter,

except to say he was pre-occupied (not his word, of course) because of the Dems investigations of Russia, impeachment, Ukraine.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Both governors did restrict nursing home visitations. To be fair about the Cuomo policy of not restricting nursing homes from accepting Covid patients, nursing homes and ALF are also rehab centers. If an older patient who recovered from a nasty bout with Covid hasn't anywhere else to go (i.e. they can go somewhere where friends and family can take care of them), I think Cuomo's hands would be tied in this situation. Where else are you supposed to send a recovered patient still in bad shape if there isn't anyone else to take them?
    I’m not talking about recovered patients, I’m talking about active cases being forced on them.

“No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission.”

And you totally skipped over the difference in media coverage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not talking about recovered patients, I’m talking about active cases being forced on them.

“No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission.”

And you totally skipped over the difference in media coverage
    "Recovered" doesn't the virus isn't out of your body. Just means they were discharged after surviving the worst of it. I found this article that is critical of Cuomo, and it says, "

The Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths told New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to reverse a policy that forces nursing homes to accept new residents infected with the coronavirus who have been discharged from hospitals but are still recovering.
    https://www.libertyheadlines.com/cuo...s-coronavirus/

That's why I ask, "Where are they supposed to go?" I assume they were discharged and not kept in the hospital to recover, as in free of the virus, since the hospital needed the bed.

I don't watch much MSM, but Cuomo doesn't deserve any hero label. I would say his response was better than DeSantis, who lucked out that the warm weather/UV light and pop density theories were (probably) true. He issued a stay-at-home order pretty damn late.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY Gov. Cuomo says it's 'shocking' most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people staying home
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ny...D=ansmsnnews11

Shocking that a virus mostly spread indoors is spreading indoors

Shocking that masks and pussy hats can't defeat nature

Just shocking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY Gov. Cuomo says it's 'shocking' most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people staying home

Just shocking
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just shocking
    Seriously doubt them being able to go get haircuts and dine out would limit the R0. End of the day, these people would've still been cooped up in the same place for 12-16 hours per day. Staying at home likely prevented these infectious clusters from infecting even more people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're still looking at daily deaths of 2k with NY barely contributing to more than 10% of that. no good...

i mean good for NY, and glad it seems to be slowing there, but "no good" in the sense that the national picture isn't rosy

Thread Information