Page 612 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 11251256260260860961061161261361461561662266271211121612 ... LastLast
Results 15,276 to 15,300 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get that. He's complaining about the budget but the people coming in to volunteer have no effect on it.
    did NY pay these people or were they paid by their other-state employers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did NY pay these people or were they paid by their other-state employers?
    Yeah I have the same question.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Volunteer" is kind of misleading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Volunteer" is kind of misleading.
    I dunno. Seems like some out of state companies are volunteering their salaried employees to go help NY? It's hard to get more details on this story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno. Seems like some out of state companies are volunteering their salaried employees to go help NY? It's hard to get more details on this story
    If they're working for pay in NY, they pay NY taxes like pro athletes from out of state playing at MSG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they're working for pay in NY, they pay NY taxes like pro athletes from out of state playing at MSG.
    Yeah I get that during normal times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, telling people the virus is under control DESPITE the CDC ups on Feb. 5th (Trump was still shilling the stock market 3 weeks later) isn't a ty job. And he was even BACKING UP the CDC as doing "a great job" on February 25th. Then he says on Feb. 26th, the next day, that cases will soon be down to zero. You know what a great "leader" does in the situation? Tells the in' truth to the people, something like, "This very could well be a serious situation that will progress to an epidemic. I suggest the American people try to stay home as much as possible, wash their hands, and practice some social distancing until more information comes to light." Anyone who isn't a cult member should realize in hindsight that Trump's comments and downplaying were 100 percent motivated by trying to protect the stock market and economy in an election year, since those are the only things he can really campaign on. Without a strong economy and market, he basically loses all of the "hold their noses and vote for him" voters.

"Maybe he got the wrong information from his 'experts'" ? If you believe that, I got a moon made out of cheese to sell you.
    He killed all those people in New York. Cuomo tried to stop him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were offering 10K a week for nurses.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He killed all those people in New York. Cuomo tried to stop him.
    Did trump know and ignore it?

Let’s see what honest broker has to say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Why can't the POTUS force cities to deport illegals? Explain how sanctuary cities can defy the POTUS who is in charge of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did trump know and ignore it?

Let’s see what honest broker has to say
    He killed them intentionally. He even bragged about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You may want your law school tuition back
    You're the one flip flopping on this and locking up like a snapping turtle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we broke DMC

Guess I asked him one too many times if Trump made any mistakes.

He'll keep talking about us tho.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol sea cow bails out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q. Do the governors agree that the federal government is in charge?

A. They do not. Governors have made clear in recent days, not for the first time, that they will make decisions for their states driven by data that show whether efforts to contain the virus are working. Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, a Republican, who was one of the first governors to take aggressive action, on Saturday refused to offer a timeline for reopening his state. “We’re not going to flip a switch and everything’s going to get back to normal until we get a vaccine, until we get a way to prevent this,” DeWine said on MSNBC.

Q. Does the president have the authority to override state and local orders?

A. No. Under our cons utional system, states have the power and responsibility for maintaining public order and safety. As we’ve seen since the outbreak began, decisions about limiting social interactions by ordering people to shelter in place, closing businesses and shutting schools are being made by governors and local officials. Those same officials will make the call about when to ease up. Trump’s comments “are just advisory,” said John Malcolm of the Heritage Foundation

Q. But the president has set a period until the end of April in which all Americans are being urged to drastically scale back their public activities. Doesn’t that amount to a national order?

A. No. The guidelines are voluntary, and they underscore the limits on Trump’s powers. He can use daily briefings and his Twitter account to try to shape public opinion, and he has not been reluctant to do so. “When Donald Trump selects a narrative and begins to advance it, especially through his Twitter account, it has a remarkable effect on those who trust him,” said Robert Chesney, a University of Texas law professor wrote on the Lawfare blog. Late last month, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis abandoned a county-by-county approach and issued a statewide stay-at-home order, saying he consulted with Trump and White House advisers before acting.

Q. Still, Trump has invoked some federal laws to address the virus outbreak, hasn’t he?

A. Yes, he has. The Stafford Act allows the expenditure of tens of billions of dollars in emergency assistance. The Defense Production Act allows the president to direct private companies to produce goods or acquire raw materials. But Trump can only assert powers that Congress has specifically given him. “There are real limits on the president and the federal government when it comes to domestic affairs,” John Yoo, a University of California at Berkeley law school professor, said on a recent Federalist Society conference call. At the same time, the federal government has the power, under laws aimed at preventing the spread of communicable diseases, to quarantine people when they arrive in the United States and travel between state

Q. Is it clear that state and local governments have authority to impose the severe restrictions we’ve seen?

A. Lawsuits already are challenging state actions on religious grounds and as seizures of property for which the government must pay compensation. But for more than 100 years, the Supreme Court has upheld states’ robust use of their authority, even when it restricts people’s freedoms. In 1905, the court rejected a Massachusetts pastor’s complaint that he should not be forced to get a smallpox vaccine or pay a fine, Malcolm noted

https://apnews.com/b6196841a11fcfdb0b8fe7de68453c39

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol sea cow bails out
    premature speculation... age related no doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone saw this coming,tbh
    No . Italy has being going through this for a month now. Do NY'ers think they're special?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I get that during normal times.
    And I think that’s where the hitch might be. The system might be telling them to pay but I think this will be solved by simply overwriting that mandate “manually” if you will to fit the cir stance.

But I tend to agree with chump if indeed they’re getting paid to “volunteer.”

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh

He lost weight

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Wait

That may be one of his turds

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . Italy has being going through this for a month now. Do NY'ers think they're special?
    Whats this out of place lashing out for?

while must states are thinking of reopening by the end of this week, this state is doubling down on staying closed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats this out of place lashing out for?

while must states are thinking of reopening by the end of this week, this state is doubling down on staying closed.
    Don't mean to be so hard, but all this seems to be written on the wall, tbh. To be fair, I'd rather have NY's leadership right now. Wish my state wasn't run by a death cult.

Thread Information