Page 613 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 11351356360360961061161261361461561661762366371311131613 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,325 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Why can't the POTUS force cities to deport illegals? Explain how sanctuary cities can defy the POTUS who is in charge of them.
    Because anti-commandeering doctrine.

Now, explain why that doctrine prevents use of the commerce clause in the case of the coronavirus pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the one flip flopping on this and locking up like a snapping turtle.
    No I'm not. You don't know what the you're talking about; I'm just enjoying it.

Again, what's your response to your daddy having the ability to use a grant of commerce clause power given to him by the congress under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264)? You don't have one, do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q. Do the governors agree that the federal government is in charge?

A. They do not. Governors have made clear in recent days, not for the first time, that they will make decisions for their states driven by data that show whether efforts to contain the virus are working. Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, a Republican, who was one of the first governors to take aggressive action, on Saturday refused to offer a timeline for reopening his state. “We’re not going to flip a switch and everything’s going to get back to normal until we get a vaccine, until we get a way to prevent this,” DeWine said on MSNBC.

Q. Does the president have the authority to override state and local orders?

A. No. Under our cons utional system, states have the power and responsibility for maintaining public order and safety. As we’ve seen since the outbreak began, decisions about limiting social interactions by ordering people to shelter in place, closing businesses and shutting schools are being made by governors and local officials. Those same officials will make the call about when to ease up. Trump’s comments “are just advisory,” said John Malcolm of the Heritage Foundation

Q. But the president has set a period until the end of April in which all Americans are being urged to drastically scale back their public activities. Doesn’t that amount to a national order?

A. No. The guidelines are voluntary, and they underscore the limits on Trump’s powers. He can use daily briefings and his Twitter account to try to shape public opinion, and he has not been reluctant to do so. “When Donald Trump selects a narrative and begins to advance it, especially through his Twitter account, it has a remarkable effect on those who trust him,” said Robert Chesney, a University of Texas law professor wrote on the Lawfare blog. Late last month, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis abandoned a county-by-county approach and issued a statewide stay-at-home order, saying he consulted with Trump and White House advisers before acting.

Q. Still, Trump has invoked some federal laws to address the virus outbreak, hasn’t he?

A. Yes, he has. The Stafford Act allows the expenditure of tens of billions of dollars in emergency assistance. The Defense Production Act allows the president to direct private companies to produce goods or acquire raw materials. But Trump can only assert powers that Congress has specifically given him. “There are real limits on the president and the federal government when it comes to domestic affairs,” John Yoo, a University of California at Berkeley law school professor, said on a recent Federalist Society conference call. At the same time, the federal government has the power, under laws aimed at preventing the spread of communicable diseases, to quarantine people when they arrive in the United States and travel between state

Q. Is it clear that state and local governments have authority to impose the severe restrictions we’ve seen?

A. Lawsuits already are challenging state actions on religious grounds and as seizures of property for which the government must pay compensation. But for more than 100 years, the Supreme Court has upheld states’ robust use of their authority, even when it restricts people’s freedoms. In 1905, the court rejected a Massachusetts pastor’s complaint that he should not be forced to get a smallpox vaccine or pay a fine, Malcolm noted

https://apnews.com/b6196841a11fcfdb0b8fe7de68453c39
    Trump’s approach is “the worst of both worlds,” Bobby Chesney, a cons utional-law professor at the University of Texas at Austin, told us. “He’s using the rhetoric of an authoritarian without any of the China-style payout in terms of taking charge of the actual problem. Rhetorically, at least, he’s asserting almost preposterous levels of authority. Fortunately, he’s not following through. He’s all hat and no cattle.”

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    All hat and no cattle lol

Make this your call sign to sea cow

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clammer is clearly targeting body fat in the late rounds and making progress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t be fat and don’t die

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    P
    Wow.

I wish I were homeless living it up.
    Im guittn my job for the good life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait

Weight a second...

That may be one of his turds

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL covid survivors will possibly be disqualified from joining armed forces

poor bas s the ones who get this infection might never be the same

it will be interesting to see pro athletes performance those who got it lie the whole Utah Jazz team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does wingnut twitter think through before they post? Yeah, let's have the homeless go through heroin withdrawals and delirium tremens (both of which will require medical attention) during a pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whataboutism.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She actually answered the question. She just added some extra e after the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She actually answered the question. She just added some extra e after the answer.
    No she didn't. She was deflecting with the, "I said it but I didn't really say it" horse handwave that has been per par of the Trump team.

"Absolutely, this president will always put America first, he will always protect American citizens," McEnany said. "We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here, we will not see terrorism, and isn't that refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of Barack Obama?"

What.About.Ism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All hat and no cattle lol

Make this your call sign to sea cow
    raging on Spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clammer is clearly targeting body fat in the late rounds and making progress.
    Autistic fraud chimes in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s approach is “the worst of both worlds,” Bobby Chesney, a cons utional-law professor at the University of Texas at Austin, told us. “He’s using the rhetoric of an authoritarian without any of the China-style payout in terms of taking charge of the actual problem. Rhetorically, at least, he’s asserting almost preposterous levels of authority. Fortunately, he’s not following through. He’s all hat and no cattle.”

Since you like Bobby,

As a matter of law, Trump is wrong. State and local officials have legal authority to close businesses and public buildings in order to safeguard public health. As University of Texas law professor Bobby Chesney has pointed out, “No currently existing statute plausibly can be read to confer such an authority on the president.”

Me: Who controls NY

You: POTUS

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The TSA hoarded 1.3 million N95 masks even though airports are empty and it doesn’t need them

Transportation Security Administration ignored guidance from the Department of Homeland Security and internal pushback from two agency officials when it stockpiled more than 1.3 million N95 respirator masks instead of donating them to hospitals, internal records and interviews show.

other federal agencies, including the Department of Veterans Affairs’ vast network of hospitals, scrounged for the personal protective equipment that doctors and nurses are dying without.

he alleges the agency had engaged in gross mismanagement that represented a “substantial and specific danger to public health.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/the...snt-need-them/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Military refusing recruits who have recovered from C19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll take modelo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump officials reportedly dispute the US COVID-19 death toll, floating a far-fetched theory that hospitals may be inflating cases to get more funding.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...by-june-2020-5

Trash solving Corona death issue by magically making them go away. Trash dung beetles Chris, Nathan, ducks, Spurstacular lining up to digest more Trash .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you like Bobby,

As a matter of law, Trump is wrong. State and local officials have legal authority to close businesses and public buildings in order to safeguard public health. As University of Texas law professor Bobby Chesney has pointed out, “No currently existing statute plausibly can be read to confer such an authority on the president.”

Me: Who controls NY

You: POTUS
    Much like your daddy, you’re all hat and no cattle.

You never answered why Trump can’t use the delegation of power given to him by congress. That’s because you can’t, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much like your daddy, you’re all hat and no cattle.

You never answered why Trump can’t use the delegation of power given to him by congress. That’s because you can’t, right?
    Scanners have picked up a [personal attack] inbound at warp 9, captain. It's [ignoring of question] shield is up, and they powering up their [whataboutism] torpedos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump officials reportedly dispute the US COVID-19 death toll, floating a far-fetched theory that hospitals may be inflating cases to get more funding.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...by-june-2020-5

Trash solving Corona death issue by magically making them go away. Trash dung beetles Chris, Nathan, ducks, Spurstacular lining up to digest more Trash .
    It is shocking that our executive branch is being run by conspira s.

Thread Information