Page 638 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1385385886286346356366376386396406416426486887381138 ... LastLast
Results 15,926 to 15,950 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's recommended by the CDC to prevent infection and cancer, what's your beef with it?

https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/vaccine.html
    My beef was the prior effort to mandate of the vaccine. This should 100% be up to the patient (or parent). Forcing kids to get the vaccine was ridiculous imo.

As opposed to measles or something where you can catch the disease much easier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HPV, in my opinion, is hard to question. My daughter received the vaccine, so I see validity in it. But yes, I also "in general" do not trust the government.
    appreciate the clarification

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you distrust the CDC's advice about Gardasil specifically, or is it more like a vague, handwavy distrust of government in general?
    The reality for me is that you can't properly test a vaccine in a few years and know for sure something isn't' ed up. Especially given how many meds we already take. And how many different chemicals we inadvertently ingest.
    Not to mention any genetic differences.

You'll never convince me that three years of testing is enough to guarantee that a vaccine is safe knowing that everyone has an incredibly different makeup in terms of what they're taking, where they live, what they eat, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My beef was the prior effort to mandate of the vaccine. This should 100% be up to the patient (or parent). Forcing kids to get the vaccine was ridiculous imo.

As opposed to measles or something where you can catch the disease much easier.
    I thought Rick Perry's attempted mandate was heavy handed, it was definitely a donor opportunity, but I see the social good he was aiming at too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality for me is that you can't properly test a vaccine in a few years and know for sure something isn't' ed up. Especially given how many meds we already take. And how many different chemicals we inadvertently ingest.

You'll never convince me that three years of testing is enough to guarantee that a vaccine is safe knowing that everyone has an incredibly different makeup in terms of what they're taking, where they live, what they eat, etc.
    Sounds reasonable to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And sorry...not to parrot Boutons but how many trusted drugs have had major detrimental side effects? What about all the DuPont with Teflon?
    Monsanto?

There's plenty enough reasons to not trust the government when they say something is, "fine".

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I do agree with this. There are so many details you have to trust in. Even if you feel that there is only the best of intentions, ill effects could take years to show up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crossing meds that have adverse reactions with one another is one thing. a vaccine just develops antibodies for you.

if there are known, tangible benefits to a vaccine, and virtually no research which can confirm the supposed adverse effects, seems like a pretty easy decision tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crossing meds that have adverse reactions with one another is one thing. a vaccine just develops antibodies for you.

if there are known, tangible benefits to a vaccine, and virtually no research which can confirm the supposed adverse effects, seems like a pretty easy decision tbh
    Fair enough. But how do you even know what the long term adverse reactions are? Without having a long term trial? Fine if its pandemic related. But to tell me that I need to give my 12 year old daughter an HPV vaccine is ridiculous.
    Especially when a pap test can diagnose it and the prescribed treatment is effective and safe.

Again, I don't trust the FDA or most government bodies at face value. IIRC, a large % of the FDA came from corporate pharma.

Not to sound like Boutons, but I'm skeptical of corporate bigwigs doing the right thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry... that. It's completely preventable. And if someone is getting yearly checkups, the treatment of HPV is pretty simple.
    Sorry ... but you don’t know what the you’re talking about. Current guidelines and insurance coverage don’t cover Paps until the women and then once every three years. Once you get it it’s yours for life and when it’s caught at high grade you get pleasant biopsies maybe if you’re extra lucky a cone and a sweet bill. Bonus you can get carcinoma of the oropharynx, particularly men. That’s even more fun. But dream your little dreams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry ... but you don’t know what the you’re talking about. Current guidelines and insurance coverage don’t cover Paps until the women and then once every three years. Once you get it it’s yours for life and when it’s caught at high grade you get pleasant biopsies maybe if you’re extra lucky a cone and a sweet bill. Bonus you can get carcinoma of the oropharynx, particularly men. That’s even more fun. But dream your little dreams.
    So now you're saying that I need to vaccinate my daughter because other people's pap tests aren't' covered by insurance?
    I have no problem with other people choosing to get the vaccine but mandating it is an overreach. Also, it looks like you need to do some more research into the risks associated with HPV. If treated, it's rarely an issue. Hardly fatal.
    Not to mention it's totally preventable by lifestyle choices.

Would you also support some vaccination that made people not eat crappy food?

...for that matter...let's ban restaurants from serving any trans fats. Or sugar.

I don't know where you think you can draw the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough. But how do you even know what the long term adverse reactions are? Without having a long term trial? Fine if its pandemic related. But to tell me that I need to give my 12 year old daughter an HPV vaccine is ridiculous.
    Especially when a pap test can diagnose it and the prescribed treatment is effective and safe.

Again, I don't trust the FDA or most government bodies at face value. IIRC, a large % of the FDA came from corporate pharma.

Not to sound like Boutons, but I'm skeptical of corporate bigwigs doing the right thing.
    its not the FDA that conducts the medical/scientific research, or the peer review, though.

i agree that mandatory vaccinations when it comes to non-contagious/transmittable diseases is dicey. i still dont see why you'd avoid it unless there was actually good reason to believe its harmful. the benefits are tangible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now you're saying that I need to vaccinate my daughter because other people's pap tests aren't' covered by insurance?
    I have no problem with other people choosing to get the vaccine but mandating it is an overreach. Also, it looks like you need to do some more research into the risks associated with HPV. If treated, it's rarely an issue. Hardly fatal.
    Not to mention it's totally preventable by lifestyle choices.

Would you also support some vaccination that made people not eat crappy food?

...for that matter...let's ban restaurants from serving any trans fats. Or sugar.

I don't know where you think you can draw the line.
    Insurance, if you have it, covers testing once every three years. Vaccine prevents it but once your daughter gets it it’s hers for life. You can treat it with biopsies, LEEP biopsies, electrocautery, etc but it ain’t going away just like herpes and now she’s in for a lifetime of surveillance and risk of recurrence. Maybe she has enough recurrences to end up getting the biopsies out of her until she has cervical incompetence and has a of a time keeping her baby from not falling out. All because you were to ing stupid to get her vaccinated. You know the old saying, you sleep with someone and you’ve slept with everyone they ever slept with. And maybe your son eats some infected pussy and a few years later ends up with throat cancer. Ain’t no screening for that. You can get your son vaccinated though. Trust me bubba I don’t need to do any research. Maybe you ought to stop sharing opinions you don’t know about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not the FDA that conducts the medical/scientific research, or the peer review, though.

i agree that mandatory vaccinations when it comes to non-contagious/transmittable diseases is dicey. i still dont see why you'd avoid it unless there was actually good reason to believe its harmful. the benefits are tangible
    Yeah...I'm not sure that we're on totally different pages. Although it is ultimately the FDA that approves the treatments.
    I guess the Rick Perry/HPV issue was the one that I thought was above and beyond. And I realize that there are tons of 12 year olds that have sex. But mine wasn't one of them. So to mandate that she needed to get a vaccine for something that caused by an action that wasn't even on her radar was insane to me. Not to mention that with proper diagnosis and treatment, getting HPV was likely not a long term issue. I'm just guessing that it's probably lower than .5%. When vaccinations are required for maladies with very low fatality rates and very low long term effects (as to the population), I am very skeptical.

As to " i still dont see why you'd avoid it unless there was actually good reason to believe its harmful", my concern is that with the relatively short time of trials, we don't have enough info to know if it's harmful. And on top of that, we sure don't know what these drugs do to our bodies over the course of a lifetime or what the small genetic changes they might bring on that affect our children (or their children, etc).

Imo, each person needs to make their own risk assessments based on their lifestyle. At least as to vaccinations for things that aren't easily transmittable.

I'd even be OK if anti-vaxers didn't get vaccinations as long as they were willing to have their privileges reduced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Insurance, if you have it, covers testing once every three years. Vaccine prevents it but once your daughter gets it it’s hers for life. You can treat it with biopsies, LEEP biopsies, electrocautery, etc but it ain’t going away just like herpes and now she’s in for a lifetime of surveillance and risk of recurrence. Maybe she has enough recurrences to end up getting the biopsies out of her until she has cervical incompetence and has a of a time keeping her baby from not falling out. All because you were to ing stupid to get her vaccinated. You know the old saying, you sleep with someone and you’ve slept with everyone they ever slept with. And maybe your son eats some infected pussy and a few years later ends up with throat cancer. Trust me bubba I don’t need to do any research. Maybe you ought to stop sharing opinions you don’t know about.
    You're talking about a very tiny % of people. Do you not get that?

Again...why not take your thoughts a step further and mandate businesses to not serve unhealthy foods?
    Or go ahead and ban alcohol and tobacco. These are all lifestyle choices. Like sex.

Your BigBrotherism is noted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May not have sex at 12 but she will unless she becomes a nun and first guy she does it with might have HPV and oops too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're talking about a very tiny % of people. Do you not get that?

Again...why not take your thoughts a step further and mandate businesses to not serve unhealthy foods?
    Or go ahead and ban alcohol and tobacco. These are all lifestyle choices. Like sex.

Your BigBrotherism is noted.
    Your stupidity is noted. Only down side outside your own family is your dumbass son who might be infecting girls who’s dumbass parents didn’t get her vaccinated. Guess it’s just one big Darwin circle of life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your stupidity is noted. Only down side outside your own family is your dumbass son who might be infecting girls who’s dumbass parents didn’t get her vaccinated. Guess it’s just one big Darwin circle of life.
    So what you're saying is that since some people have no control over what they do, we need to mandate vaccines for everyone? And you're totally ignoring my analogies about other lifestyle choices.
    Not to mention the pretty insignificant effect HPV has on the total population. And the 0% effect it has on people who take the preventive measures.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash isn’t going to be very happy with Dr Fauci’s testimony before the senate. Basically said Trash is full of but no great surprise there.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some (not me) would say, "win win".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's too bad we don't have a functional government to do something about that, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Managing the pandemic through mass testing and robust contact tracing would be a nice start. Not holding my breath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what you're saying is that since some people have no control over what they do, we need to mandate vaccines for everyone? And you're totally ignoring my analogies about other lifestyle choices.
    Not to mention the pretty insignificant effect HPV has on the total population. And the 0% effect it has on people who take the preventive measures.
    Like I said HPV carries limited risk outside your family so you can do what you want as far as I care. Measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc where your dumb choice puts others outside your family at risk, not good with that. Kind of like driving, why shouldn’t you be allowed to drive faced? Big bad brother imposing his will right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy inmate in a U.S prison trying to contaminate each other hoping they would get them out of there

Thread Information