Page 654 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1545546046446506516526536546556566576586647047541154 ... LastLast
Results 16,326 to 16,350 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wildcat Capital Issues Letter to Board of Sorrento Therapeutics

Demonstrates that Sorrento CEO, Management and Board are Destroying Significant Shareholder Value by Failing to Properly Manage Company Operations and Assets

Believes Management and Board Have Engaged in Multiple Transactions that Reflect Blatant Conflicts-of-Interest and Self-Dealing

Calls on Board To Replace CEO, Terminate Financing Transactions and Initiate a Sale Process for the Company

As set forth more fully herein, three serious issues have come to light that expose the failure of Dr. Ji and the Board to properly manage the Company, as well as the intentional waste and diversion of Company assets. First, over the past several months, the Company has been acquiring and/or transferring assets to newly created wholly-owned subsidiaries and then issuing significant amounts of those subsidiaries' shares back to the Company's executive officers and Directors through significant grants of options, and warrants for Class B super-voting stock, all exercisable for nominal consideration, thereby engineering a personal benefit for such officers and Directors at the direct expense of the Company and its shareholders.
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300264326.html

TSA

Skeezy CEO in trouble with his investors for financial shinanegans makes absurd miracle claim on fox news, and you stupid mother ers buy it, hook, line, and sinker.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-15-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California biopharmaceutical company claims coronavirus antibody breakthrough

A California-based biopharmaceutical company claims to have discovered an antibody that could shield the human body from the coronavirus and flush it out of a person’s system within four days, Fox News has exclusively learned.

Later Friday, Sorrento Therapeutics will announce their discovery of the STI-1499 antibody, which the San Diego company said can provide "100% inhibition" of COVID-19, adding that a treatment could be available months before a vaccine hits the market.

"We want to emphasize there is a cure. There is a solution that works 100 percent," Dr. Henry Ji, founder and CEO of Sorrento Therapeutics, told Fox News. "If we have the neutralizing antibody in your body, you don't need the social distancing. You can open up a society without fear."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/covi...mpression=true
    I hope it's not bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how difficult it is to scale up production?
    I wonder how difficult it is to fight off an SEC investigation for making material false claims in public about your company.

Let's see the science, before buying into this.

What evidence do you have right now that this works? Serious question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope it's not bull .
    I would be willing to bet it is total bull . But hey, I hope so too.

Figure the odds that a company engaging in some questionable financing and material self-dealing suddenly has the trillion dollar miracle cure for the pandemic of the century.

Need a lot more than the CEO's claims on Fox "news"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how difficult it is to fight off an SEC investigation for making material false claims in public about your company.

Let's see the science, before buying into this.

What evidence do you have right now that this works? Serious question.

I don't have any evidence that this works. Settle down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3, 2, 1...Trump Tweet!
    Can't wait for that. popcorn.gif

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A treatment, not a vaccine

UHN-U of T-led study shows antiviral drug can speed up recovery of COVID-19 patient

International research shows for the first time that

interferon-α2b

improves virus clearance and decreases levels of inflammatory markers
    shown for the first time that an antiviral drug can help speed up the recovery of COVID-19 patients.

treatment with interferon(IFN)- α2b may significantly accelerate virus clearance and reduce levels of inflammatory proteins in COVID-19 patients.

"Interferons have been approved for clinical use for many years, so the strategy would be to 'repurpose' them for severe acute virus infections."

Interferons are a group of signaling proteins released by the human body in response to all viruses. As Dr. Fish explains, they are a "first line of defense."

They target different stages of a virus's life cycle, inhibiting them from multiplying.

They also boost an immune response by activating different immune cells to clear an infection. Some viruses, however, can block this natural defense mechanism.

"But it is possible to override this block.

If a virus blocks interferon production, then treating with interferon can offset this."

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-05/uhn-u-u051420.php

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-15-2020 at 02:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have any evidence that this works. Settle down.
    No we do not. We do have a lot of reasons to be skeptical. This is an example of where you consider the source of a claim, size of the claim, and require a lot of solid evidence before accepting it.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-15-2020 at 02:51 PM. Reason: rule one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just go by the Faucci rule nigas

“there will be no miracle cure for this”

all the rest is Bull

you will thank me later

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IFNα2b: Human Interferon-alpha-2b

https://cellapplications.com/ifn-2b-human-interferon-alpha-2b

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A California-based biopharmaceutical company claims to have discovered an antibody that could shield the human body from the coronavirus and flush it out of a person’s system within four days, Fox News has exclusively learned.

Later Friday, Sorrento Therapeutics will announce their discovery of the STI-1499 antibody, which the San Diego company said can provide "100% inhibition" of COVID-19, adding that a treatment could be available months before a vaccine hits the market.

"We want to emphasize there is a cure. There is a solution that works 100 percent," Dr. Henry Ji, founder and CEO of Sorrento Therapeutics, told Fox News. "If we have the neutralizing antibody in your body, you don't need the social distancing. You can open up a society without fear."

It wasn't an exclusive. The stock market reacted before Fox said anything. Perhaps some insider trading. Either way, I feel these announcements are just brief attempts to raise stock prices of these company so their shareholders can cash out. If it's legit, that'll be a pleasant surprise, but these kind of announcements typically don't go through outlets like Fox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just go by the Faucci rule nigas

“there will be no miracle cure for this”

all the rest is Bull

you will thank me later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn RG. I thought you would like the Elizabeth Holmes reference.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    It wasn't an exclusive. The stock market reacted before Fox said anything. Perhaps some insider trading. Either way, I feel these announcements are just brief attempts to raise stock prices of these company so their shareholders can cash out. If it's legit, that'll be a pleasant surprise, but these kind of announcements typically don't go through outlets like Fox.
    I was told about it before the Fox article by a friend in San Diego who works at Inovio Pharmaceuticals so it's definitely not a Fox News exclusive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gilead to end coronavirus drug trials,

adding to access worry

Gilead Sciences Inc’s two clinical studies of its potential coronavirus treatment remdesivir will wind down by the end of May, closing off a path of patient access to the antiviral medication

Gilead told Tufts it is transitioning to product distribution under the emergency use authorization.

Gilead, which has pledged to donate 1.5 million vials of remdesivir to fight the global pandemic, did not respond to requests for comment.

The drug is administered by infusion in hospital.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...Health+News%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Shares of Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. SRNE+158.02% blasted 153% higher on very heavy volume in afternoon trading Friday, putting it on track to close at a near 2-year high.."

http://www.marke ch.com/story/sor...ent-2020-05-15

Buy now before they start saying "well maybe it's not quite 100% effective"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gilead to end coronavirus drug trials,

adding to access worry

Gilead Sciences Inc’s two clinical studies of its potential coronavirus treatment remdesivir will wind down by the end of May, closing off a path of patient access to the antiviral medication

Gilead told Tufts it is transitioning to product distribution under the emergency use authorization.

Gilead, which has pledged to donate 1.5 million vials of remdesivir to fight the global pandemic, did not respond to requests for comment.

The drug is administered by infusion in hospital.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...Health+News%29

Lol Gilead down now

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GILD/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even factoring in the peaks and valleys typically associated with reporting during the weekends, this week did show improvement

decline in daily new cases is pretty gradual, but we havent had a single day of 30k new cases for a couple of weeks now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even factoring in the peaks and valleys typically associated with reporting during the weekends, this week did show improvement
    Not in Texas though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in Texas though.
    true. like we've been saying, these decisions need to be made on the state and local levels. there isnt a sweeping one size fits all policy that makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in Texas though.
    lolsmh gyms opening on Monday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our head governor ever pretending there was a plan with phases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should open Planet Fitness. The people I've seen going to that gym appear to be high risk.

Thread Information