Page 657 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1575576076476536546556566576586596606616677077571157 ... LastLast
Results 16,401 to 16,425 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said earlier, it's part of our world now. You can't hide from it in your house.
    Ya at some point you'll get it...do you rather get it now or a year from now?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wait until India and Brazil hit full stride.
    I'm not sure we've hit "full stride" tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have talked about some of them on this board. You are free to search for those posts if it's important to you. In the meantime, I live in this country.
    Thats great, but why are you more degrading to one person even though there are worse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats great, but why are you more degrading to one person even though there are worse?
    You're asking why I am preoccupied with the United States when I am living in the United States. The question answers itself.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure we've hit "full stride" tbh.
    Definitely not when NYC was projected at only 25% infection rate from antibody testing a couple of weeks ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya at some point you'll get it...do you rather get it now or a year from now?
    I think I already had it in March, but don't know for sure. I'm not afraid of getting it, though. I'm 51, 150 lbs, no underlying conditions.

I'd be much more paranoid, if I were much older, had dark skin, or had hypertension or diabetes. I think vitamin D deficiency is a big issue.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're asking why I am preoccupied with the United States when I am living in the United States. The question answers itself.
    No, I asked you why you only care about people in the us rather than all people.

Sounds like donald trump. You have lots in common. How you argue, name calling, heightened opinion of self, etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not when NYC was projected at only 25% infection rate from antibody testing a couple of weeks ago.
    Gov still allows wet markets and totally wrong about virus. Didn't need ventolators didn't need the ships, no over capacity hospitals, hospital furloughs. Inaccurate info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I asked you why you only care about people in the us rather than all people.
    False premise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gov still allows wet markets and totally wrong about virus. Didn't need ventolators didn't need the ships, no over capacity hospitals, hospital furloughs. Inaccurate info
    You keep changing the subject.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. You go on and on about how bad for humanity one person has been and how you need to make everyone safe by outing family gatherings, wearing masks, and criticizing others for not staying home.

But you don't address others who are putting different people into danger. Other leaders, or even government leaders i your own country. That is odd. If you really care about all people. Or of you really care about all people in the US. Strange

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, really. You just make things up and change subjects. Sorry, I won't let you get away with it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. You go on and on about how bad for humanity one person has been and how you need to make everyone safe by outing family gatherings, wearing masks, and criticizing others for not staying home.

But you don't address others who are putting different people into danger. Other leaders, or even government leaders i your own country. That is odd. If you really care about all people. Or of you really care about all people in the US. Strange

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When this started the trend I was seeing the most for +CV cases were travel related; next the cases were all linked to previous cases. Now the trend I'm seeing (which is worrisome) is that about half the cases I'm seeing now are community transmission.

And you want to know what the most ed up part is? Some +CV cases are mild and these pts who should be under quarantine are still getting out of the house and going to grocery stores, gas stations, etc. So, If you're out and about and don't want to catch this bug carry with you masks (preferably N95), gloves, wipes, safety glasses, hand sanitizer, etc. or better yet just stay home.
    I mean I'm going to get it. I just hate that it's likely to burn like wildfire through our nation when we're basically doing nothing except in a few blue states when some of the worst possible spots for transmission like dining rooms and gyms are open and bars won't be far behind. No one is ever going to enforce the 25% capacity rule in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep changing the subject.
    I don't know why you talk to that ing moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I already had it in March, but don't know for sure. I'm not afraid of getting it, though. I'm 51, 150 lbs, no underlying conditions.

I'd be much more paranoid, if I were much older, had dark skin, or had hypertension or diabetes. I think vitamin D deficiency is a big issue.
    Is it a moral failing, in your view, to have a disability or underlying medical condition?

Though a heavy smoker, you put yourself out there as a fit person. Do you ever worry about others?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's cute watching him try to inject his talking points no matter what we post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I'm going to get it. I just hate that it's likely to burn like wildfire through our nation when we're basically doing nothing except in a few blue states when some of the worst possible spots for transmission like dining rooms and gyms are open and bars won't be far behind. No one is ever going to enforce the 25% capacity rule in Texas.
    Maybe. Its the risk we all take because no one will listen to the WHO and shut down wet markets. Good news, if you aren't at risk, you have a 99.99 percent of survival. Just take precautions.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably best for you to seek professional help. Seems as if you are having a really difficult time dealing with this. I'm here for you even if your fears and anger is deflected towards me.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably best for you to seek professional help. Seems as if you are having a really difficult time dealing with this. I'm here for you even if your fears and anger is deflected towards me.
    You are here to act like an idiot and doing a damn good job.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are here to act like an idiot and doing a damn good job.
    I am here for you during this difficult time. I know you are scared. If you lashing out at others for different views is not a weakness. Many people do it. It will be OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As I mentioned earlier, I colleague of mine suc bed to CV19 back in early April. 41 y/o white male with no known comorbidities; the guy had 3 passions in his life: his work, his daughters and the gym. This thing doesn't discriminate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody know what the truckers are pissed about?

"Stop brokers from price gouging"?

When blaring truck horns intruded on President Donald Trump's Friday speech in the White House Rose Garden about the search for a coronavirus vaccine, Trump claimed that this was the sound of a pro-Trump protest.

"And you hear that outside, that beautiful sound -- those are truckers that are with us all the way. They are protesting in favor of President Trump, as opposed to against," Trump said. "There's hundreds of trucks out there, and that's the sign of love. Not the sign of your typical protest. So I want to thank our great truckers. They like me and I like them."

At another Rose Garden speech later in the day, Trump said, "Those are friendly truckers. They're on our side. It's almost a celebration, in a way."

Trump had made a similar claim about the protesters in an interview he taped Wednesday with Fox Business's Maria Bartiromo. When Trump asked Bartiromo if she knew what the sound in the background was, she correctly said, "Trucking protesters, right?" Trump responded, "Well, they're not protesters. They're supporters of me."

Facts First: All three of Trump's claims were false. The truckers who have lined streets near the White House since May 1 are indeed protesters, not people holding any kind of celebration -- and they are protesting a variety of issues affecting their jobs, not protesting in favor of Trump. In fact, one of their complaints is about what they say is lax federal enforcement of a regulation requiring more transparency from freight brokers.

The truckers' grievances are numerous and varied. They include what they say are unfairly low freight rates during the coronavirus pandemic, price-gouging by the brokers, ill-conceived safety regulations and permissive federal at udes toward the autonomous vehicles that threaten their occupation.

Greg Anderson, who said he has been in the trucking business for 33 years, told CNN earlier on Friday that Trump had "lied on national television" with his remark to Bartiromo about how the protesters are not protesters at all.

"This is a protest," Anderson said. "Mr. Trump elaborated that we were here to support him. Our message to him would be this is a protest against bad regulation, broker transparency, truck insurance, so on and so forth. This is not here to support Trump. We're here to get resolution and bring awareness to our problem and fix our problems."

Recent trucker protests in other cities have raised issues similar to the ones being discussed in Washington.

There were pro-Trump messages visible on some of the trucks that lined Cons ution Avenue on Friday morning. But participating truckers, many of whom are independent owner-operators, emphasized that they were not there for the purpose of praising the President.

"There are people here that in fact love Trump, there are people here that in fact do not," Michael Landis, chief executive of the United States Transportation Alliance advocacy non-profit and a truck owner-operator who is part of the protest, told CNN on Friday afternoon. "This is about trying to get his attention so we can speak directly with him about a lot of issues we're having here in the trucking industry, because we've tried other avenues and have been unsuccessful."

Trucker and protester Brian Brase echoed those comments in an interview with CNN before Trump's Friday comments.

"This is not a protest in support of Donald Trump or a rally for Trump. Not that we're against him by any means. Most of these guys here actually probably voted for him, honestly. But we've been let down by the administration, by (Transportation) Secretary Elaine Chao, by the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration)," he said.

Trump expressed support for truckers in a May 3 tweet, and he had some red hats handed out to protest participants. He endorsed one of the protest's chief complaints in a Fox News interview on May 8, saying truckers are being "price gouged." (Brokers deny the gouging accusation, saying prices are so low because there are too many truckers chasing too little freight during the pandemic.)

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows came out to meet with the protesters on Wednesday, the industry website The Trucker reported -- asking Landis about their concerns and telling them, "The President has heard you, and he wants us to get something done." Meadows also promised to speak to Attorney General William Barr about the broker transparency issues, The Trucker reported.

The administration announced Thursday that it was changing a federal rule to give drivers more flexibility over their rest and hours of service. Landis described this as a step forward but insufficient.

https://apple.news/AqUYuwmjLRraL0LpCrEFmlw
    Last edited by picnroll; 05-15-2020 at 10:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I mentioned earlier, I colleague of mine suc bed to CV19 back in early April. 41 y/o white male with no known comorbidities; the guy had 3 passions in his life: his work, his daughters and the gym. This thing doesn't discriminate.
    Maybe a genetic factor? High viral dose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a genetic factor? High viral dose?
    No one can say with 100% certainty why some have it worse than others. I’ve seen a few pts well into their 80s and 90s best it...I’ve also seen healthy young adults lose their fight against it...the unpredictable nature of this thing is what makes it scary.

Thread Information