Page 694 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1945946446846906916926936946956966976987047447941194 ... LastLast
Results 17,326 to 17,350 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    called it

I said everyone would be wearing masks back i February

called it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s a complex if the antibody binds with something fat head.
    bwahahahhahaha wrong about the virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pgardn with the Wild Cobra schtick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just posted two. You can claim it didn’t make you happy inside to think about Trump voters dying because they weren’t as “afraid” of the virus as Democrats but no one here from either side would believe you.
    No, actually you didn't. "grimly note" is pretty much the opposite of "giddy".

You ing lying sack of .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, actually you didn't. "grimly note" is pretty much the opposite of "giddy".

You ing lying sack of .
    Covid less dangerous than flu to a majority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? Why or why not?
    Sweden didnt lock down
    Because the argument was that only experts were allowed to have an opinion. Neil furgusons track record worse than his.

It didn't matter. The rate of transmission was overstated and those who would need intervention via hospital were also overstated. As direct evidence by the furloughs. And almost 4 months into the data collection there are still errors in collecting reporting and classifying that have been used to perpetuate something that didn't need to take place.
    So a consideration of available hospital space is not important? Just trying to be clear here. Seems like you are saying it is not.
    I was perfectly clear. The modeling, the numbers you believed, were inaccruate. Hence the furloughs and the continued layoffs. The RATE OF TRANSMISSION WAS OVERSTATED AS WERE THOSE WHO MAY NEED HOSPITALIZED.
    You clearly avoided answering the question, as asked, and answered a question I did not ask.

Dishonest people avoid honest questions.

3rd time
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? I will settle for a simple yes or no.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You clearly avoided answering the question, as asked, and answered a question I did not ask.

3rd time
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? I will settle for a simple yes or no.
    You said Sweden locked down. They didn't. Thats a lie.
    Hospital space is important, but irrelevant with the data that was on hand. There was no need for extra space as was confirmed by the extreme failure of the models and the proof being furloughs and hospitalization.

That would be like shutting down and bringing in ships every flu season and saying that there is a capacity problem.

Not a very good question by you. Models wrong just admit. Less than flu for a majority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? Why or why not?
    Sweden didnt lock down
    Because the argument was that only experts were allowed to have an opinion. Neil furgusons track record worse than his.

It didn't matter. The rate of transmission was overstated ....
    So a consideration of available hospital space is not important? Just trying to be clear here. Seems like you are saying it is not.
    I was perfectly clear. The modeling, the numbers you believed, were inaccruate...

3rd time
    You said Sweden locked down....

4th time
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-28-2020 at 08:55 AM. Reason: clarity

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4th time
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no.
    No not in the context of covid. As was proof by what resulted.

You are still grasping for hypotheticals that have been proven false. Which I can now understand why you are afraid of the media. I am sorry you feel this way. You will survive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When trying to make a case for some position or idea, we frequently encounter questions which challenge the coherency or validity of that position. When we are able to adequately answer those questions, our position becomes stronger. When we cannot answer the questions, then our position is weaker. If, however, we avoid the question altogether, then our reasoning process itself is revealed as possibly weak.
    https://www.learnreligions.com/avoid...uestion-250358

[from passage about how to identify liars]
    ... Finally, ..increased evasiveness, ... liars tend to avoid answering the question completely, perhaps by switching topics or by asking a question of their own.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-28-2020 at 09:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden didnt lock down...
    It didn't matter. The rate of transmission was overstated ....
    I was perfectly clear. The modeling, the numbers you believed, were inaccruate...

3rd time
    You said Sweden locked down....

4th time [clarifying language added]
    No not in the context of covid...

I removed the question from a specific context so that we can arrive at a potential mutual agreement of principle, on which to base further discussion.

5th time [clarifying language added]
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This EXACTLY why leadership is so important. You and I have seen how many ins utions who are making models based on possibly flawed data. This is why you get the best in the brightest from all over the world together and not only discuss models, but discuss POLICY.

What has the orange guy done in this regard? Tout drugs that have not been fully tested. Hire Kushner to get these people together?

Its a fckn joke.

And.... the press. The press wants to play popularity games with this as well so they are playing around like they do with diets. Site ONE study and say, "the marshmallow diet is most effective in preventing diatetes! who would of thunk it?" This is seriously bad reporting which is why I have put up articles that are summaries of many studies written by people who UNDERSTAND science, not some hack spawned from Alex Jones.

Right now we are in a stage of bafflement even though we have sequenced the whole damn viral genome and know every protein it makes. This is amazing. But Biology is extraordinarily difficult, because it DOES NOT tell you how the virus is going to work in individuals with different genetic makeups, and certainly populations are very difficult as well as this is really new and not following previous rules.

Telling lies about it is not helpful. This is what the WH and some of the press is doing. Never ever say "we dont know and here is why" in Trump world.
    The press is in business to sell ads, not be objective and tell truth.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the press will not sell adds if they are relied upon for accuracy, or a fair accounting of the current state of the situation.
    The entertainment press which has captured many on this site is a different story.
    My belief is there is good stuff out available, you just have to sift through it to find legit info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth.

Outrage sells ads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the press will not sell adds if they are relied upon for accuracy, or a fair accounting of the current state of the situation.
    The entertainment press which has captured many on this site is a different story.
    My belief is there is good stuff out available, you just have to sift through it to find legit info.
    Wait, so you have to decide which information is true by sifting through until you find something you agree with? That's what people here do everyday. It's why Boutons posts relentlessly, for decades, no one reads, and why RG keeps dropping articles from confirmation bias hits on his echo chamber radar.

If you already know the truth, why do you go looking for it? You either want updated stats or the opinions of experts. While the stats are supposed to be factual, gathering methods are not consistent and tend to be driven by political and/or financial motives. The opinions of experts seem to change daily. So you're getting a snapshot of a chaotic system and as Heisenberg said, you just don't know the truth (something like that, I didn't see every episode).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3rd time
    You and a few others here like to move the goalposts every other response. You keep trying to lodge a "w" from the discussion, and you abandon your prior statements in favor of new ones in a "ya but" fashion. No one is obligated to follow your descent into oblivion. Give up your original statements then move on to other ones, don't just pretend you never made such claims.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth.

Outrage sells ads.
    Bad news sells ads

and there won't be any bad news about the we-can't-piss-off the advertisers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You and a few others here like to move the goalposts every other response. You keep trying to lodge a "w" from the discussion, and you abandon your prior statements in favor of new ones in a "ya but" fashion. No one is obligated to follow your descent into oblivion. Give up your original statements then move on to other ones, don't just pretend you never made such claims.
    Nope. When I wrote
    "Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? I will settle for a simple yes or no." I was thinking "generally for any disease".

Re-reading it, there appeared to be some ambiguity, so I made it explicit and clear.

Just because you are inherently dishonest, does not mean everyone else is.

The fact that you habitually use strawman lies about what others believe is enough for any reasonable person to conclude you are inherently dishonest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, so you have to decide which information is true by sifting through until you find something you agree with? That's what people here do everyday.. RG keeps dropping articles from confirmation bias hits on his echo chamber radar. .
    It is possible to advocate for any given view point by only posting information that does not support that viewpoint? Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    um we know most survive Nancy 98% around

the issue is if ERs get flooded with sick. the whole medical system could fail resulting in much more > 2% dead

how hard is that to understand? tbqh
    ERs get flooded with sick every year.

Get off your YT and Twitter reposting gig and get a job.
    no they dont Nancy

you just showed your ignorance with that statement

carry on simpleton
    You wouldn't know, no one has tweeted it.

https://www.dispatchhealth.com/blog/...-the-solution/

Emergency Department Visits
    Data are for the U.S.

Number of visits: 139.0 million
    Number of injury-related visits: 40.0 million
    Number of visits per 100 persons: 43.3
    Number of emergency department visits resulting in hospital admission: 14.5 million
    Number of emergency department visits resulting in admission to critical care unit: 2.0 million
    Percent of visits with patient seen in fewer than 15 minutes: 40.4%
    Percent of visits resulting in hospital admission: 10.4%
    Percent of visits resulting in transfer to a different (psychiatric or other) hospital: 2.2%
    Do all those ER visits happen at once?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is possible to advocate for any given view point by only posting information that does not support that viewpoint? Yes or no.
    Can you go back and your mother some more yes or no?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I removed the question from a specific context so that we can arrive at a potential mutual agreement of principle, on which to base further discussion.

5th time [clarifying language added]
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no
    I've already explained to you Mr. Variables that NO it didn't for this virus. proven by events such as furloughs layoffs and no hospitals being whelmed.

If there was a vius that was highly lethal and highly communicable then maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do all those ER visits happen at once?
    You ask stupid questions. Are you saying all these covid people got into a bus and went there at the same time?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bwahahahhahaha wrong about the virus.
    pgardn with the Wild Cobra schtick.
    How cute.
    The two dumb s combine to make one dumb .

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let that sink in

Thread Information