Page 698 of 766 FirstFirst ... 198598648688694695696697698699700701702708748 ... LastLast
Results 17,426 to 17,450 of 19131
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never answers directly about anything. He's the conservative Chumpdumper. As soon as he's painted in a corner he just moves the goalposts to keep from admitting he's wrong.
    Harsh comparison, tbh.

Chump doesn't try to demean or laughs nervously about serious injustices like TSA loves to do.

Gotta get that W at any cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harsh comparison, tbh.

Chump doesn't try to demean or laughs nervously about serious injustices like TSA loves to do.

Gotta get that W at any cost.
    Eh, the details my differ slightly but their MO is the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/TYIVspoodUM

Lol dr says half of what is record is the truth about deaths

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol not watching it because you're a well do ented got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the open states still have less problems than nyc. Florida, Georgia... doing great. Its like lockdowns didn't do anything.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I don't have to. There's zero claims there that the data and/or study is not legit.

You didn't answer, are you standing on that based on a gut feeling, or just overall butthurtness that it contradicts dear leader, tbh?
    There’s literally 120 MDs, researchers, statisticians, epidemiologists & ethicists from 24 countries claiming the data isn’t legit. I’m standing on neither of your choices and defer to people well more qualified than you.

1.There wasinadequate adjustment for known and measured confounders (disease severity, temporal effects, site effects, dose used).

2.The authors have not adhered to standard practices in the machine learning and statistics community. They have not releasedtheir code or data. There is no data/code sharing and availability statement in the paper. The Lancet was among the many signatories on the Wellcome statementon data sharing for COVID-19 studies.

3.There was noethics review.

4.There was no mention of the countries or hospitals that contributed to the data sourceandno acknowledgments to their contributions.A request to the authors for information on the contributing centres was denied.

5.Data from Australia are not compatible with government reports (too many cases for just five hospitals, more in-hospital deaths than had occurred in the entire country during the study period). Surgisphere (the data company) have since statedthis was an error of classificationof one hospital from Asia.Thisindicates the need for further error checking throughout thedatabase.

6.Data from Africa indicate thatnearly 25% of all COVID-19 cases and 40% of all deaths in the continentoccurred in Surgisphere-associated hospitals which had sophisticated electronic patient data recording, and patient monitoring able to detect and record “nonsustained [at least 6 secs] or sustained ventricular tachycardia or ventricularfibrillation”. Both the numbers of cases and deaths, and the detailed data collection, seem unlikely.

7.Unusually small reported variances in baseline variables, interventions and outcomes between continents(Table S3)

8.Mean daily doses of hydroxychloroquine that are 100 mg higher than FDA recommendations, whereas 66% of the data are from North American hospitals.

9.Implausible ratios of chloroquine to hydroxychloroquine use in some continents

10.The tight 95% confidence intervals reported for the hazard ratios are unlikely. For instance,for the Australiandatathis would need about double the numbers of recorded deathsas were reported in the paper.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    He never answers directly about anything. He's the conservative Chumpdumper. As soon as he's painted in a corner he just moves the goalposts to keep from admitting he's wrong.
    What specifically am I wrong about Bene?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s literally 120 MDs, researchers, statisticians, epidemiologists & ethicists from 24 countries claiming the data isn’t legit. I’m standing on neither of your choices and defer to people well more qualified than you.

Except that none of those people are making the claim YOU are making that the data is not legit. They're asking for clarification on the points you summed up.

Do you agree they never claimed in that letter that neither the study or the data is bunk? Because if you don't even have the decency to admit that, there's not much more to go on.

You can quote on the letter where they unequivocally state that the data and/or study is bunk, and this would be a really easy win for you, but you clearly cannot do that.

So, again, are you standing on that claim based on a gut feeling or just overall butthurtness that it contradicts dear leader?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Except that none of those people are making the claim YOU are making that the data is not legit. They're asking for clarification on the points you summed up.

Do you agree they never claimed in that letter that neither the study or the data is bunk? Because if you don't even have the decency to admit that, there's not much more to go on.

You can quote on the letter where they unequivocally state that the data and/or study is bunk, and this would be a really easy win for you, but you clearly cannot do that.

So, again, are you standing on that claim based on a gut feeling or just overall butthurtness that it contradicts dear leader?
    inadequate adjustment for known and measured confounders (disease severity, temporal effects, site effects, dose used).

Data from Australia are not compatible with government reports (too many cases for just five hospitals, more in-hospital deaths than had occurred in the entire country during the study period)

Implausible ratios of chloroquine to hydroxychloroquine use in some continents

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    strange hill to die on Nono

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    inadequate adjustment for known and measured confounders (disease severity, temporal effects, site effects, dose used).

Data from Australia are not compatible with government reports (too many cases for just five hospitals, more in-hospital deaths than had occurred in the entire country during the study period)

so they found some discrepancies and are asking for clarification. Says as much in the letter YOU posted (rofl)

But you keep not posting the quote where they call the data bunk. Would just be such an easy W for you, tbh...

This is actually the easiest argument I had in months, tbh

I don't get somebody to own themselves posting things that don't say what they claim they say.

I also called it early you were ing the ball prematurely, and damn, I got that one right too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never claimed any statement in that letter rebuts any claim made in that study. Now run along.
    YOu said the study was bunk. You posted a letter that obviously you think debunks it.

So you don't know whey it is bunk, you just gots the feels that it is.

Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot of yapping to say you're biased and you look for confirmation for your bias through the sites you visit, and have zero ing clue about real news. You should stop commenting on it like you're some oracle of objectivity.
    That is a lot of yapping. Period.

No-take McGee and his perpetual parade of petty personal attacks. You did manage to deflect from thodrens evasions, so that is, for you, a "w" I am sure.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This from a pizzagate pusher doing hours of PR for the President's favorite snake oil drug. You've died on more hills by yourself than the early Christians of Rome. All in service to a beta pussy POTUS. What a stupid and pathetic way to live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This from a pizzagate pusher doing hours of PR for the President's favorite snake oil drug. You've died on more hills by yourself than the early Christians of Rome. All in service to a beta pussy POTUS. What a stupid and pathetic way to live.
    this also calls me out specifically demanding that I apologize to Darrin (which I would have zero problem doing, and wouldn't be the first time either), and I'm the one dying on the hill over this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double post, stupid slowvenian servers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But this isn't exclusive to COVID. This is true basically across the board because most of the time autopsies are not performed, and a cause of death is presumed. So it's not that it's wrong, exactly.. but that it's not proven. They could say someone died of complications from pneumonia when in reality maybe they died from some other thing, but we all die of myocardial infarction eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a lot of yapping. Period.

No-take McGee and his perpetual parade of petty personal attacks. You did manage to deflect from thodrens evasions, so that is, for you, a "w" I am sure.
    What happened to McGurk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have contacts in many hospitals in Australia. I can ask around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have contacts in many hospitals in Australia. I can ask around.
    That discrepancy was already explained:

i'd still wait for the paper's authors to come out with either a statement of clarification or revisions, if necessary, than calling the entire study bunk because some of the data used was potentially faulty. there's no way to determine with the information available to us if any necessary revisions would alter the findings/conclusions

The Lancet told Guardian Australia: “We have asked the authors for clarifications, we know that they are investigating urgently, and we await their reply.” The lead author of the study, Dr Mandeep Mehra, said he had contacted Surgisphere, the company that provided the data, to reconcile the discrepancies with “the utmost urgency”. Surgisphere is described as a healthcare data analytics and medical education company.

In a statement, Surgisphere founder Dr Sapan Desai, also an author on the Lancet paper, said a hospital from Asia had accidentally been included in the Australian data.

“We have reviewed our Surgisphere database and discovered that a new hospital that joined the registry on April 1, and self-designated as belonging to the Australasia continental designation,” the spokesman said. “In reviewing the data from each of the hospitals in the registry, we noted that this hospital had a nearly 100% composition of Asian race and a relatively high use of chloroquine compared to non-use in Australia. This hospital should have more appropriately been assigned to the Asian continental designation.”

He said the error did not change the overall study findings. It did mean that the Australian data in the paper would be revised to four hospitals and 63 deaths,.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good thing about these riots will end the covid thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? Why or why not?
    Sweden didnt lock down...
    It didn't matter. The rate of transmission was overstated ....
    So a consideration of available hospital space is not important? Just trying to be clear here. Seems like you are saying it is not.
    I was perfectly clear. The modeling, the numbers you believed, were inaccruate...
    You clearly avoided answering the question, as asked, and answered a question I did not ask.

Dishonest people avoid honest questions.

3rd time
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? I will settle for a simple yes or no.
    You said Sweden locked down....

4th time [clarifying language added]
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no.
    No not in the context of covid...

I removed the question from a specific context so that we can arrive at a potential mutual agreement of principle, on which to base further discussion.

5th time [clarifying language added]
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no
    I've already explained to you Mr. Variables that NO it didn't for this virus. proven by events such as furloughs layoffs and no hospitals being whelmed.

If there was a vius that was highly lethal and highly communicable then maybe.

Either it is a factor in decision making or not. If your decision making process is based on science, then the answer is easy.

6th time [clarifying language added]
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    um we know most survive Nancy 98% around

the issue is if ERs get flooded with sick. the whole medical system could fail resulting in much more > 2% dead

how hard is that to understand? tbqh
    ERs get flooded with sick every year.

Get off your YT and Twitter reposting gig and get a job.
    no they dont Nancy

you just showed your ignorance with that statement

carry on simpleton
    You wouldn't know, no one has tweeted it.

https://www.dispatchhealth.com/blog/...-the-solution/

Emergency Department Visits
    Data are for the U.S.

Number of visits: 139.0 million
    Number of injury-related visits: 40.0 million
    Number of visits per 100 persons: 43.3
    Number of emergency department visits resulting in hospital admission: 14.5 million
    Number of emergency department visits resulting in admission to critical care unit: 2.0 million
    Percent of visits with patient seen in fewer than 15 minutes: 40.4%
    Percent of visits resulting in hospital admission: 10.4%
    Percent of visits resulting in transfer to a different (psychiatric or other) hospital: 2.2%
    Do all those ER visits happen at once?
    Are you saying all these covid people got into a bus and went there at the same time?
    Dishonest people avoid honest questions. That is a strawman lie, an easy demonstration of dishonesty.

Since I can reasonably expect you will not give an honest answer, I will answer for you.

No they do not.

What is the average daily admit to hospitals based on ER visits, per your given stats?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One Of The First California Counties To Reopen Is Closing Again

“We now have a serious problem,”

Lassen County, a county of 30,000 people in the far reaches of Northern California, was one of the first places in the state to reopen in early May.

But this week, it became the first to reverse course because of a resulting
    coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/california-county-reopen-close-again_n_5ed009fcc5b64f10cb09045c?ncid=newsltushpmg news

Having had no cases, so opened up , then got 4 cases that probably infected 4+ others.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-29-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Thread Information