Page 707 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2076076576977037047057067077087097107117177578071207 ... LastLast
Results 17,651 to 17,675 of 40770
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a peep about the nationwide protests
    the trend is down . He's not smart

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but the protests don't compare to the right wingers who are doing crazy dangerous stuff like getting haircuts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The World Health Organization struggled to get needed information from China during critical early days of the coronavirus pandemic, according to recordings of internal meetings that contradict the organisation’s public praise of Beijing’s response to the outbreak.

The recordings, obtained by the Associated Press (AP), show officials complaining in meetings during the week of 6 January that Beijing was not sharing data needed to evaluate the risk of the virus to the rest of the world. It was not until 20 January that China confirmed coronavirus was contagious and 30 January that the WHO declared a global emergency.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://rt.live/

Seems like infection rates have ticked up in just about every location that has ended lockdowns.

That does not support the position that they do not work at all.

Again a testable hypothesis. We are in the laboratory and virus truthers want us to gamble with my son and fathers lives.
    Wrong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea. On one hand, the protests were outdoors and most had masks. On the other hand, people were packed together and shouting. Wait and see.

Serious question for you- hope you can address it:

How much is your nazi/Hitler paraphernalia collection worth?

Have you had it appraised?

Is it worth more- or less - than

DMC’s?

Qhris’s?

thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slowing down in Bexar County even with increased testing. Only 9 new cases Monday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea. On one hand, the protests were outdoors and most had masks. On the other hand, people were packed together and shouting. Wait and see.
    Serious question for you- hope you can address it:

How much is your nazi/Hitler paraphernalia collection worth?

Have you had it appraised?

Is it worth more- or less - than

DMC’s?

Qhris’s?

thanks!

^ Seriously, WTF is wrong with this kid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A testable hypothesis is disproven by time and data.

Shouting at data doesn't make it go away.

What next, kid, covering up your ears and going "la la la la, I can't hear you"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol which is the problem. They didn't use appropriate modeling and then projected more ignorance off of flawed data. Sadly people still can't comprehend this.

Prediction was 3k dead per day and 200k cases. Predicted on the first week of May... sad
    You keep saying that.

But you haven't actually shown that to be the case.

Do you always pull stuff out of your ass or just this once?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are spreading the virus a lot, and are probably a bad idea. Better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol which is the problem. They didn't use appropriate modeling and then projected more ignorance off of flawed data. Sadly people still can't comprehend this.

Prediction was 3k dead per day and 200k cases. Predicted on the first week of May... sad
    Models get updated all the time based on new data. That's how mathematical models work. When nobody was doing anything, models obviously showed one thing.

Once states/cities started to apply social distancing, lockdowns, etc, new data reflecting that reality came in and models were updated as such.

On top of that you always have a margin of error on statistical models. While now we're ~750 deaths/day it doesn't automatically mean 3k/day was a bad prediction, it could very well be within the margin of error (haven't looked).

Conversely, we had margins of error go the other way around in early May, where the prediction was lowballed to what it eventually ended up being.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Models get updated all the time based on new data. That's how mathematical models work. When nobody was doing anything, models obviously showed one thing.

Once states/cities started to apply social distancing, lockdowns, etc, new data reflecting that reality came in and models were updated as such.

On top of that you always have a margin of error on statistical models. While now we're ~750 deaths/day it doesn't automatically mean 3k/day was a bad prediction, it could very well be within the margin of error (haven't looked).

Conversely, we had margins of error go the other way around in early May, where the prediction was lowballed to what it eventually ended up being.
    Lol you telling people how modeling works when you have fallen for the models each time... just wait two weeks..... always wrong about this, but keep chiming in when convenient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you telling people how modeling works when you have fallen for the models each time... just wait two weeks..... always wrong about this, but keep chiming in when convenient
    That makes no sense. How do you 'fall' for models, when they never make a claim to be exact?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That makes no sense. How do you 'fall' for models, when they never make a claim to be exact?
    But wishcasting was being supported by cherry picked models. You cannot ignore that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emergency room visit =/= admitting to hospital

FWTW
    Were there even 55M people who tested positive?

No

Were the emergency rooms overrun with COVID patients?

No

What's your point other than your typical Jethro Bodine ciphering exhibition?

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    ^ Seriously, WTF is wrong with this kid?
    Deflecting from answering his questions?

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    They are spreading the virus a lot, and are probably a bad idea. Better?
    Too bad they weren’t crying about haircuts and the economy, then Darrin would be semenshielding relentlessly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad they weren’t crying about haircuts and the economy, then Darrin would be semenshielding relentlessly.
    Truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were there even 55M people who tested positive?

No

Were the emergency rooms overrun with COVID patients?

No

What's your point other than your typical Jethro Bodine ciphering exhibition?
    smh

whatever floats your boat snowflake. No need to melt down over a mild correction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, being outdoors is a mitigating factor for the protesters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/o...iss-google1tap

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

whatever floats your boat snowflake. No need to melt down over a mild correction.
    Asinine assumptions to generate fear via modeling was the reason for lockdowns....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But wishcasting was being supported by cherry picked models. You cannot ignore that.
    Everybody picks a model based on expertise. Even the administration had to. There's simply no alternative, and uninformed decisions are demonstrably worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moderna's coronavirus vaccine announcement set off a frenzy on Wall Street.

Now some are calling for an investigation

As the hype grew, the young biotech company and its leading investor wasted no time capitalizing on the briefly surging stock price.

a series of
    transactions were executed before its share price fizzled over the next week.

The timing of those deals, former SEC officials said, appear to be "highly problematic" and should be investigated for potential illegal market manipulation.

Two of Moderna's top executives also cashed in on the boom at their company,

which had suddenly amassed a $29 billion market value
    despite the fact it has no marketed products.

Moderna's
    chief financial officer and chief medical officer sold nearly $30 million of shares combined on May 18 and May 19.

Days later, Moderna's leading shareholder, venture capital firm Flagship Pioneering,
    sold 1 million shares on May 21 and 22 at an average price of $69.47,

The sales raked in $69.5 million for the venture capital firm.

Flagship Pioneering was founded by Noubar Afeyan, the co-founder and chairman of Moderna.

The VC firm owned nearly 51 million Moderna shares as of the end of March,

The timing of the transactions -- coupled with concerns from some medical experts that Moderna overstated the significance of its Phase 1 vaccine trial -- should be investigated by authorities,

the agency should "absolutely" be investigating the situation at Moderna.

"This isn't really insider trading as much as it's market manipulation,"

"It looks like you're hyping the stock so you can then go and sell it."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/business/moderna-vaccine-stock-sales-invs/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, being outdoors is a mitigating factor for the protesters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/o...iss-google1tap
    It is

i been saying outdoor activities are fine. I been hanging out with peeps outside for weeks tbqh

Indoors is a problem

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody picks a model based on expertise. Even the administration had to. There's simply no alternative, and uninformed decisions are demonstrably worse.
    ABSOLUTELY FALSE. STATS 101. Making a decision based on wrong data is worse than making one with no data

Thread Information