Page 710 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2106106607007067077087097107117127137147207608101210 ... LastLast
Results 17,726 to 17,750 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Provide a link to any statement of mine that conclusively shows that I do not understand a lag in trends.

or

some more.
    lolololl

That just proves it. Lololololol

Lag in trends... bwagahahhahahahah
    Same thing that 9-11 truthers do.

Declare victory at the drop of a hat without doing any work. smh.

Keep on -ing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same thing that 9-11 truthers do.

Declare victory at the drop of a hat without doing any work. smh.

Keep on -ing
    Lololololol trend lag.... bwahahahaha and you think daily cases and fatlities actually occur in 24 hrs....
    Classic

Now I know why you can't understand the data..... hahahahaahahahah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still doesn't excuse you from the ignorance of not understanding daily rates when there is lag.
    I never disputed this, nor ever asked or argued about daily tallies. We even commented that during weekends some cities didn't report, and tallied the totals on monday. Don't see how that changes anything at all though, sooner or later the data is tallied and comes in.

Anxiously awaiting your links to papers/stories backing up your claims of data manipulation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lancet editor Richard Horton told the Guardian: “Given the questions raised about the reliability of the data gathered by Surgisphere, we have today issued an Expression of Concern, pending further investigation.

An independent data audit is currently underway and we trust that this review, which should be completed within the next week, will tell us more about the status of the findings reported in the paper by Mandeep Mehra and colleagues.”

imagine it was treated like religion. if it's wrong, you're just reading it wrong
    yeah, facts based standard, imagine that!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never disputed this, nor ever asked or argued about daily tallies. We even commented that during weekends some cities didn't report, and tallied the totals on monday. Don't see how that changes anything at all though, sooner or later the data is tallied and comes in.

Anxiously awaiting your links to papers/stories backing up your claims of data manipulation.
    Lol you understand that this prolongs the crisis, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Vy thought that we would do absolutely nothing, you're basically saying he took the most liberal estimate and ran with it. How is that any different than what I said? It makes you wrong for two reasons (not you specifically), 1) wrong in numbers 2) wrong for the negative nancy outlook on American response
    That one really stuck to yah, huh?

March 12. You really don't understand why you can't compare models that assume nothing happens with the reality of 2 month lockdowns and prolonged social distancing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHO to resume hydroxychloroquine trial
    The safety committee “recommended that there are no reasons to modify the trial protocol.”

The World Health Organization will restart its trial of hydroxychloroquine after getting the all-clear from a safety review, its chief announced today.

The U.N. health body paused enrolling patients in the part of its Solidarity trial studying hydroxychloroquine last week. Officials cited a large, observational study in the Lancet — echoing smaller studies — that suggested the malaria and lupus medication increased the risk of heart disease and death. The Lancet study has since come under fire, with the prestigious medical journal issuing an “expression of concern” about various problems with the data collection and methods.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-trial-298575

---
    TSA DarrinS

Again, don't think there's been a retraction to the study and I don't think this is indicative of anything wrong with that particular study, but will update as we get more news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you understand that this prolongs the crisis, right?
    What are you arguing now? I asked you to backup your claims of data manipulation, shouldn't be difficult since you said this isn't some conspiracy theory.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you arguing now? I asked you to backup your claims of data manipulation, shouldn't be difficult since you said this isn't some conspiracy theory.
    Never said that, already did. Gave you direct quotes of double counting positives and you're still to slow to understand lag. Enjoy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said that, already did. Gave you direct quotes of double counting positives and you're still to slow to understand lag. Enjoy.
    Link to these direct quotes? I must've missed them since we started this conversation, or you posted them for somebody else?

There's no misunderstanding here, I asked you to back up your claim, and so far none of that happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there even any accounts from administration officials disputing the numbers and supporting your claim? I mean, if there's one party here interested in this crisis being over and having lower casualties, that's them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there even any accounts from administration officials disputing the numbers and supporting your claim? I mean, if there's one party here interested in this crisis being over and having lower casualties, that's them.
    Lol wut? So your idea is the cdc wants to come out and say they were wrong. They buried their most accurate fatality rate and never talked about it after releasing. You know the number that shows 2x the flu.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol wut? So your idea is the cdc wants to come out and say they were wrong. They buried their most accurate fatality rate and never talked about it after releasing. You know the number that shows 2x the flu.....
    Why would they be wrong? Numbers get revised all the time and you claimed this isn't a conspiracy theory and there's evidence of the data manipulation. Why can't they just present the same evidence you have presented here? (lmao)

Do let me know once you found all those reports and quotations backing up your contention of data manipulation so we can review them. I wouldn't want to think you're lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't speak for him, but I don't think he thought we would do nothing. What I suspect is that he took the projections when we were actually doing nothing, and they looked pretty bad. Guessing what we were going to do at that point is a bit of futurology.

There are projections in there. The last results update seems to have been on May 19th as I write this. Starting from May 20th, it reads 'Projected'. You can also see the margins of error increase as you project further (as it's logical).
    But useless, however some here used(d) it as a precursor to end times predictions.

This seems like a repe ive concept around here: Some goes down, certain people panic and call ELE right away. Others look at "models" and use that as evidence of the impending ELE. Some more level headed folks look at it and say "meh, based on history and how we react to things, nah". Then you get the "scientist" wannabes here ciphering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one really stuck to yah, huh?

March 12. You really don't understand why you can't compare models that assume nothing happens with the reality of 2 month lockdowns and prolonged social distancing.
    Because historically we've done nothing during emergencies. Oh but it was in the past, so being wrong by a factor of 100 is just science. Obviously you had lots of disclaimers in your statements (I just didn't see them it seems).

"I said before I knew " -boiled down

And no, it didn't stick with me. I just ran over it while I was looking at something someone else linked.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they be wrong? Numbers get revised all the time and you claimed this isn't a conspiracy theory and there's evidence of the data manipulation. Why can't they just present the same evidence you have presented here? (lmao)

Do let me know once you found all those reports and quotations backing up your contention of data manipulation so we can review them. I wouldn't want to think you're lying.
    All you have to look at is dailycases and fatalities. They are not being used as such since not all of those cases or fatalities happened on that day.

Its not that difficult to understand basic math...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you are obviously much smarter than me. Go here and look at the data yourself.
    https://covidtracking.com

Start downloading and let me know what you find. I'm sure you can formulate your own idea, but if you need help let me know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because historically we've done nothing during emergencies. Oh but it was in the past, so being wrong by a factor of 100 is just science. Obviously you had lots of disclaimers in your statements (I just didn't see them it seems).

"I said before I knew " -boiled down

And no, it didn't stick with me. I just ran over it while I was looking at something someone else linked.
    You're right. A scientific model should just assume we're gonna do some random, unarticulated , without any level of detail or precision, and rely on that assumption in spitting out figures that will be used to make social policy. You don't think through before you hit post, do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHO to resume hydroxychloroquine trial
    The safety committee “recommended that there are no reasons to modify the trial protocol.”

The World Health Organization will restart its trial of hydroxychloroquine after getting the all-clear from a safety review, its chief announced today.

The U.N. health body paused enrolling patients in the part of its Solidarity trial studying hydroxychloroquine last week. Officials cited a large, observational study in the Lancet — echoing smaller studies — that suggested the malaria and lupus medication increased the risk of heart disease and death. The Lancet study has since come under fire, with the prestigious medical journal issuing an “expression of concern” about various problems with the data collection and methods.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-trial-298575

---
    TSA DarrinS

Again, don't think there's been a retraction to the study and I don't think this is indicative of anything wrong with that particular study, but will update as we get more news.
    So they now rename themselves the Guess Who

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But useless, however some here used(d) it as a precursor to end times predictions.

This seems like a repe ive concept around here: Some goes down, certain people panic and call ELE right away. Others look at "models" and use that as evidence of the impending ELE. Some more level headed folks look at it and say "meh, based on history and how we react to things, nah". Then you get the "scientist" wannabes here ciphering.
    Exactly no one called it an ELE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company

Surgisphere, whose employees appear to include

a sci-fi writer

and

adult content model,

provided database behind Lancet and New
    England Journal of Medicine hydroxychloroquine studies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oxychloroquine

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company

Surgisphere, whose employees appear to include

a sci-fi writer

and

adult content model,

provided database behind Lancet and New
    England Journal of Medicine hydroxychloroquine studies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oxychloroquine

Oh so the experts aren't actually experts... but what will baseline bum and ChumpDumper do?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All you have to look at is dailycases and fatalities. They are not being used as such since not all of those cases or fatalities happened on that day.

Its not that difficult to understand basic math...
    We're going in circles. I told you already that I simply won't take your word for it, back it up.

Like I said from the very begging, it's your conspiracy theory and you received every opportunity to back it up, but apparently cannot.

But you are obviously much smarter than me. Go here and look at the data yourself.
    https://covidtracking.com

Start downloading and let me know what you find. I'm sure you can formulate your own idea, but if you need help let me know.
    It's your claim, you're the one that has to support it. I supported mine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking about the weirdness of the protests vs, the corona this morning as I was driving in to work. The City of San Antonio issues a permit for 1000+ protesters to walk arm in arm all over downtown, but won't let high school kids have a graduation? How asymmetrical is that?

Thread Information