Page 722 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2226226727127187197207217227237247257267327728221222 ... LastLast
Results 18,026 to 18,050 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is classic TSA. He’ll post something from the Blaze or Breitbart and say “I know I’m posting from an insanely partisan news source but it’s not like I ever have before...I’m only posting this article because it’s especially brilliant it’s not like I’m just some partisan hack parroting the Blaze” when that’s exactly what he is.

yeah, the next obvious step is becoming Chris, which is a line I hope nobody ever steps through, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then I’ll say I was trolling the whole time!
    got emmmmmmmmmmm

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    As for the whole premise of people “going in for other reasons and testing positive” why would that be more prevalent now than 3 months ago? Does Glenn Beck think that if someone broke his leg in March that he’s been walking around for the last 3 months like Omar in Season 5 of the The Wire and is just now getting medical attention for it? That article’s entire hypothesis is based off the flimsy premise there’s this amorphous buildup of people who haven’t gotten any medical attention the last 3 months and are just now doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weebo could address whether the incoming patients are coming in for covid or coming in for something else and testing positive for covid.

I still know of no person who has this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the whole premise of people “going in for other reasons and testing positive” why would that be more prevalent now than 3 months ago? Does Glenn Beck think that if someone broke his leg in March that he’s been walking around for the last 3 months like Omar in Season 5 of the The Wire and is just now getting medical attention for it? That article’s entire hypothesis is based off the flimsy premise there’s this amorphous buildup of people who haven’t gotten any medical attention the last 3 months and are just now doing so.

I don't think many people would call a broken limb an elective procedure.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't think many people would call a broken limb an elective procedure.
    So how many people are going in for elective procedures right now? Also, how do we know everyone going in for elective surgery is getting tested? It’s pretty obvious to me this is a speculative theory that’s been manufactured to fit data that’s been cherry picked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve already address why the data “presented” doesn’t explain why COVID cases have plummeted in some areas while rising in other areas.
    Osterholm has been talking about this. The explanation is that they don't know why this happens, it's just the way viruses spread.

Interestingly, he said in an interview this morning that a complete drop in cases would worry him more as that would indicate we would likely see a huge 2nd wave. I guess his thinking is that it's is better to have steady infection rates with occasional upticks as we march towards herd immunity rather than huge seasonal waves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how many people are going in for elective procedures right now? Also, how do we know everyone going in for elective surgery is getting tested? It’s pretty obvious to me this is a speculative theory that’s been manufactured to fit data that’s been cherry picked.
    I don't know. That's why I asked weebo to weigh in.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Osterholm has been talking about this. The explanation is that they don't know why this happens, it's just the way viruses spread.

Interestingly, he said in an interview this morning that a complete drop in cases would worry him more as that would indicate we would likely see a huge 2nd wave. I guess his thinking is that it's is better to have steady infection rates with occasional upticks as we march towards herd immunity rather than huge seasonal waves.
    If we were certain that this worked like smallpox and you could develop herd immunity I’d be all for it - I’m worried that it’s more like the flu where once you get it you’ll have elevated antibodies for a few months but then you can get it again. It’s not clear if herd immunity is even feasible.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well we agree on that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And this makes sense. As we open up and people become a bit less careful, we'll see infections upticks here and there, which hopefully we can control, now that we have tests more readily available.

There's really no need for mental gymnastics (not talking about you) about elective surgeries or the like to come to that conclusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah, the next obvious step is becoming Chris, which is a line I hope nobody ever steps through, tbh
    ^the rent free thingy

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And this makes sense. As we open up and people become a bit less careful, we'll see infections upticks here and there, which hopefully we can control, now that we have tests more readily available.

There's really no need for mental gymnastics (not talking about you) about elective surgeries or the like to come to that conclusion.
    Exactly, this country needs to get its economy up and running again no matter what so we should be reopening, but state and local governments need to be monitoring things closely and acting quickly to control upticks before they turn into outbreaks. We’re going to have 2nd waive if the response to an uptick is “No worries, that’s just a bunch of women who’ve been waiting to go in and get a face lift or fake s testing positive, nothing to see here!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^the rent free thingy
    Nothing personal, tbh, you're just the poster child for that description.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The interesting thing about the blaze article is not the point it makes, but something it mentioned in passing about viral loads and mutations.

Couple of weeks ago, a prominent Italian doctor said the virus had mutated into a far less deadly form. That corresponds with what we know about how viruses work. Same thing happened with the Spanish flu. There was pushback on this claim - the argument being that a virus doesn’t mutate like that so quickly. However, the blaze article mentioned a doctor from Pennsylvania who’s said the same thing about the virus now having mutated into something weaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we agree on that one.

It was an honest answer. As someone who has testified as an expert witness, sometimes the right answer is "I don't know" or "I can't recall".

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The interesting thing about the blaze article is not the point it makes, but something it mentioned in passing about viral loads and mutations.

Couple of weeks ago, a prominent Italian doctor said the virus had mutated into a far less deadly form. That corresponds with what we know about how viruses work. Same thing happened with the Spanish flu. There was pushback on this claim - the argument being that a virus doesn’t mutate like that so quickly. However, the blaze article mentioned a doctor from Pennsylvania who’s said the same thing about the virus now having mutated into something weaker.
    That actually makes sense, at this point most cases COVID are being spread by people who are asymptomatic. The deadly strands of the virus are obviously a lot tougher to spread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was an honest answer. As someone who has testified as an expert witness, sometimes the right answer is "I don't know" or "I can't recall".
    Broh, unless you’re being asked something outside the scope of your expert opinion, saying “I don’t know” is one of the worst possible things you can say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Then, you would expect higher cases, but lower hospitalization (from covid). But, how do you tease out the hospitalization from covid vs. with covid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Broh, unless you’re being asked something outside the scope of your expert opinion, saying “I don’t know” is one of the worst possible things you can say.
    Exactly

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is no alternation in hospital census. Down down down.

Second of all its not mental gymnastics. Well it is because the cdc and states are not transparent, allowing for lazy political Karen twittering away with media click bait.

To see death count manipulation, but using context with statistics go here
    https://sussex.nj.us/cn/webpage.cfm?...gn=coronavirus

Scroll down to 6.3.2020 click the cdrss report. Look at the covid deaths reported 6.2.2020 as NEW DEATHS in New jersey. Look at the ages. Look at the case status. 17 deaths added to a day when they happened days weeks and months before.

El nono would call this a e
    Chumpdump would call this a e

It is not a e.
    Cases hospitalizations fatalities all reported in the same manner. In a way that is not reliable or valid. You guys are the dumbest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then the answer is “that’s outside the scope of my opinion,” not “I don’t know.” Any trial lawyer would have a field day with an expert saying “I don’t know.”

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I was going to say, a fact witness saying I don’t know is perfectly fine, there are seldom instances when an expert witness should be saying I don’t know

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no alternation in hospital census. Down down down.

Second of all its not mental gymnastics. Well it is because the cdc and states are not transparent, allowing for lazy political Karen twittering away with media click bait.

To see death count manipulation, but using context with statistics go here
    https://sussex.nj.us/cn/webpage.cfm?...gn=coronavirus

Scroll down to 6.3.2020 click the cdrss report. Look at the covid deaths reported 6.2.2020 as NEW DEATHS in New jersey. Look at the ages. Look at the case status. 17 deaths added to a day when they happened days weeks and months before.

El nono would call this a e
    Chumpdump would call this a e

It is not a e.
    Cases hospitalizations fatalities all reported in the same manner. In a way that is not reliable or valid. You guys are the dumbest.

Thread Information