Page 723 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2236236737137197207217227237247257267277337738231223 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,075 of 40770
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You quoted yourself 3 posts down just so more people could see it? ignore list time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to say, a fact witness saying I don’t know is perfectly fine, there are seldom instances when an expert witness should be saying I don’t know
    You get asked questions (dumb ones, tbh) outside your area of expertise. I suppose you could roll your eyes, but juries don't respond well to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to say, a fact witness saying I don’t know is perfectly fine, there are seldom instances when an expert witness should be saying I don’t know
    You get asked questions (dumb ones, tbh) outside your area of expertise. I suppose you could roll your eyes, but juries don't respond well to that.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You quoted yourself 3 posts down just so more people could see it? ignore list time.
    Karen gets impatient.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Karen gets impatient.
    Her posts approach ducks level incoherence.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    backlogged deaths from April. Oh my that e. Lololololol you guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's F5ing the out of our posts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    backlogging data and ChumpDumper doesn't know why that is problematic. Lol he's a math genius

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Osterholm has been talking about this. The explanation is that they don't know why this happens, it's just the way viruses spread.

Interestingly, he said in an interview this morning that a complete drop in cases would worry him more as that would indicate we would likely see a huge 2nd wave. I guess his thinking is that it's is better to have steady infection rates with occasional upticks as we march towards herd immunity rather than huge seasonal waves.
    Is there much reason to think the virus would spread in anything other than large waves without lockdowns? While the percentage of recovered + dead is low the growth in infected should be nearly exponential, shouldn't it? And there is little reason to believe a large percentage of the population say in San Antonio has been infected when NYC was only at 20-25% estimated infection rate a month ago after the virus had ripped through that city. Is there much reason to expect we're not all going to end up like New York or Detroit at some point this year? I'd be interested in seeing this interview you're talking about with Osterholm today. Where did you hear it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then the answer is “that’s outside the scope of my opinion,” not “I don’t know.” Any trial lawyer would have a field day with an expert saying “I don’t know.”
    Sure. I don't disagree with this.

I remember a case years ago when an attorney was asking all these financial questions about the company I worked for at the time. How much our CEO made, our list of clients, etc. I had no answers for him. He was just trying to paint us as "hired guns". He lost.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    She's F5ing the out of our posts.
    She should start a thread about it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    backlogging data and ChumpDumper doesn't know why that is problematic. Lol he's a math genius
    Karen changing the subject and can't admit she called COVID-19 the flu. Her lies are problematic.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally I hate blocking people but tholdren is just a ball of anger and if I wanted to hear Glenn Beck's conspiracy theories I'd just listen to his show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there much reason to think the virus would spread in anything other than large waves without lockdowns? While the percentage of recovered + dead is low the growth in infected should be nearly exponential, shouldn't it? And there is little reason to believe a large percentage of the population say in San Antonio has been infected when NYC was only at 20-25% estimated infection rate a month ago after the virus had ripped through that city. Is there much reason to expect we're not all going to end up like New York or Detroit at some point this year? I'd be interested in seeing this interview you're talking about with Osterholm today. Where did you hear it?
    No

2nd wave would come regardless of quarantine or not.

This is because its not the gatherings but the seasons that dictate the infections. Something about the weather changing and the air changing. Im pretty confident we will see a 2nd wave.how big it is depends on what people will do to prepare foe it. IMO it will be bad cause people are basically gokng back to norm.

It will hit us like a sledge hammer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What vy65 brought up is very interesting, tho. Is it more prevalent, but weaker?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

2nd wave would come regardless of quarantine or not.

This is because its not the gatherings but the seasons that dictate the infections. Something about the weather changing and the air changing. Im pretty confident we will see a 2nd wave.how big it is depends on what people will do to prepare foe it. IMO it will be bad cause people are basically gokng back to norm.

It will hit us like a sledge hammer
    No. There is no second wave. Its backlogged data. Just like i said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What vy65 brought up is very interesting, tho. Is it more prevalent, but weaker?
    That would make sense and be great news. We'll know in time, I guess.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Doesn’t necessarily need to be more prevalent but makes sense that it’s weaker. That’s kinda the saving grace with contagious viruses - the deadly strands hard a harder time spreading after the host of the virus dies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just scroll right past his posts... like boutons posts, zero redeemable value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would make sense and be great news. We'll know in time, I guess.
    Would be nice to know the answer. In time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci says normality at least 1 year away

True normality is dependent C19 vaccine(s)

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...t-15339123.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Small US Town is Now Printing Its Own Currency

Tenino, Washington (population: 1,884) has launched its own local currency, reports the Hustle: Mayor Wayne Fournier decided that Tenino would set aside $10k to give out to low-income residents hurt by the pandemic. But instead of using federal dollars, he'd print the money on thin sheets of wood designed exclusively for use in Tenino. His mint? A 130-year-old newspaper printer from a local museum...

Residents below the poverty line can apply to receive money from the $10k fund that Tenino has set aside. Fournier says they also have to prove that the pandemic has impacted them, but "we're pretty open to what that means." Once they're approved, they can pick up their stipends, printed in wooden notes worth $25 each. The city is capping the amount each resident can accrue at 12 wooden notes — or $300 — per month. According to Fournier, each note features a Latin inscription that means, basically, 'We've got this handled'...

By creating its own local currency, Tenino keeps the money in the community. As Fournier puts it, "Amazon will not be accepting wooden dollars."

"The money stays in the city. It doesn't go out to Walmart and Costco and all those places," says Joyce Worrell, who has run the antique shop Iron Works Boutiques for the past decade.

The article notes that during the 1930s hundreds of scrips were issued by American municipalities, worker co-ops, and business associations -- estimated to be worth as much as $1 billion.

And it adds that at least a few small towns in Italy and Mexico are now giving the idea another try.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You’ve literally started a thread with the same “It’s from the Blaze but still” argument.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...ze#post6551447

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...ze#post6357986

Multiple new threads about stuff you found on the Blaze. You’ve clearly posted stuff from the Blaze before. You’re a lying disingenuous piece of as usual.
    OMG two blaze links from 7 years ago you really gotem

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just scroll right past his posts... like boutons posts, zero redeemable value.
    Oh no. You scroll right past me. Yet you feel the need to describe how you do so?
    Lol
    You and ChumpDumper don't need math do you?

Odd that you both cry a about new stats without understanding what they mean. Lol the comedy coming from your quarter of a million. Hysterical

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    As for the whole premise of people “going in for other reasons and testing positive” why would that be more prevalent now than 3 months ago? Does Glenn Beck think that if someone broke his leg in March that he’s been walking around for the last 3 months like Omar in Season 5 of the The Wire and is just now getting medical attention for it? That article’s entire hypothesis is based off the flimsy premise there’s this amorphous buildup of people who haven’t gotten any medical attention the last 3 months and are just now doing so.
    I figured you to be pretty intelligent and then you come out with this broken leg ? Doctors around the world have noted the decrease in cancer patients seen the last 3 months. Elective surgeries way down as well. Tons of people avoided going to hospitals for treatment for various diseases because they were scared to even go to a hospital.

Thread Information