Page 740 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2406406907307367377387397407417427437447507908401240 ... LastLast
Results 18,476 to 18,500 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The average age of people getting infected is getting lower so it makes sense the death rate is where it is.
    So then the new hoopla over increased infections should be weighed accordingly.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then the new hoopla over increased infections should be weighed accordingly.
    more older Americans can die AND the overall death rate can go down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want them on separate graphs if you really dont want to compare.
    There is no need for the histogram if you have already assumed time is a continuum by drawing a line.
    Just overlap the lines on the same graph.
    Then provide that graph or just sit back and pretend to be above it all.

Time is a continuum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Historically it wasn't the older Americans testing positive at a higher rate. Is Blake saying that changed? Is it now 5 year olds?

If the overall death rate goes down but more older folks die of COVID, why, if more younger folks are now being infected?

Make it make sense, or just keep firing off random comments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's one way to look at it. Another is that they made some poor decisions.
    Ms of people in NY metro area travel by regional train and underground, ideal for airborne transmission.

Racist Trash, to pander to his racist cult mob, "said" he banned travelers from China, but 10Ks of Chinese, during his fake ban, traveled directly from China and some directly from Wuhan, as Trash was trying to get a deal done with Xi, whom was still praising in Feb.

Trash's "poor decision" was NOT to block travelers from badly infected Italy, France, UK, etc, 10Ks of whom arrive directly to ... NY metro airports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then provide that graph or just sit back and pretend to be above it all.

Time is a continuum.
    it should not be treated as such unless you can look at the data gathered and say it is gathered at every moment in time. this is part of why we invented calculus along with the ability to deal with rate of change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Historically it wasn't the older Americans testing positive at a higher rate. Is Blake saying that changed? Is it now 5 year olds?

If the overall death rate goes down but more older folks die of COVID, why, if more younger folks are now being infected?

read my comment again.
    do you know what overall means before you decided to re-define it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it should not be treated as such unless you can look at the data gathered and say it is gathered at every moment in time. this is part of why we invented calculus along with the ability to deal with rate of change
    this is part of the reason that some of your graphs showed lines overlapping a histogram
    do you understand that?

they use the histogram so that you can look at a specific day week or month and say what the heck happened here since data is gathered in chunks through time

you knew all that just like the oldren right?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is part of the reason that some of your graphs showed lines overlapping a histogram
    do you understand that?

they use the histogram so that you can look at a specific day week or month and say what the heck happened here since data is gathered in chunks through time

you knew all that just like the oldren right?
    but you can't because the counts are being manipulated by the following
    1. Probable cases deaths hospitalization
    2. Backlogging of the above
    3. Cases are not people they are cases

You think that all the cases are different people happening at in the literal past 24 hours. Nothing could be further from the truth

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is not a scenario, in my opinion, to where the demand for our beds, especially ICUs, ventilators, PPE, etcetera, would eclipse our capability,” said Mark Wallace, the President and CEO of Texas Children’s Hospital said

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Marc Boom, of Houston Methodist, said those numbers don’t fully tell the capacity story.

“Just that number is being misinterpreted and, quite frankly, we’re concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now,” Boom said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you can't because the counts are being manipulated by the following
    1. Probable cases deaths hospitalization
    2. Backlogging of the above
    3. Cases are not people they are cases

You think that all the cases are different people happening at in the literal past 24 hours. Nothing could be further from the truth
    This is exactly what I said was FALSE. Time is not treated as a continuum idiot.
    You dont understand why your own graphs are shown as histograms.

How cases are counted and categorized is a whole different ball game that you have lied about multiple times dumbass.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly what I said was FALSE. Time is not treated as a continuum idiot.

How cases are counted and categorized is a whole different ball game that you have lied about multiple times dumbass.
    Please elaborate on the multiple lies.. you cant great. You're wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's one way to look at it. Another is that they made some poor decisions.
    There's some of that too, no doubt about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And no. Youve been crying about daily counts all the time. Literally deaths are being backlogged from the beginning of the year. You cant account for that with a histogram. You really have no logic or understanding of anything about this.
    Inserting deaths from January as new death today does not mean you can decipher anything

Bad data is worse than no data. You are so awful at thinking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just wait for it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no. Youve been crying about daily counts all the time. Literally deaths are being backlogged from the beginning of the year. You cant account for that with a histogram. You really have no logic or understanding of anything about this.
    Inserting deaths from January as new death today does not mean you can decipher anything

Bad data is worse than no data. You are so awful at thinking.
    Show me where I have been crying about daily counts.

You cant even read.
    Now you are restating what I said.
    A histogram is not a continuum, its data comes in discrete chunks (already stated and you disagreed an now you are implying agreement), otherwise they would not present it as such. When they draw a line between columns in the histogram they are actually assuming time is a continuum but they really just want to blur one day into another to get an overall outlook and therefore must do some sort of averaging. You dont know anything about graphs and what they mean.

Now I dont know what the fck you are even saying, I said absolutely nothing about January. You are just answering or restating your own views and pretending I commented on them.

You can lie so easily, so Trumpish.

Manipulated data for a political purpose is worse than no data.
    This is what you love to do, and complain about science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today I lost another work colleague and friend to this disease. And I don't understand why people keep arguing over this. I'm boots on the ground--I see this crap all day almost everyday. And what I see here is a bunch of "experts" who because the CDC said this, or I read the literature, I saw it on TV/internet, etc I know better blah blah blah. What you hear and what you see is not always what is happening but the truth is always somewhere in the middle. Should you be alarmed, concerned, worried, scared whatever? If you value your life and those of your own, then yes. Treat this as a threat. Play it safe. Follow standard precautions, social distance, stay home if you can... that's how you can help/protect yourself.
    If you think this is the flu or a hoax, at least have the common decency to wear a mask out in public because some of us who don't agree with your stance are obligated to do our jobs--taking care of the sick, keeping the stores open, responding to emergencies, etc.
    Also, I don't know about all of Texas, but the facilities/hospitals that I frequent are nearing capacity with COVID patients and I'm afraid that we're about to get crushed. I hope that isn't the case but I'm not feeling very optimistic. Hopefully, we can all find some common ground here--so we can get out of this. I'm tired.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think this guy is trying to point out the colossal up that is Donald Trump.

I’m convinced

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberate Texas from our authoritarian governor!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today I lost another work colleague and friend to this disease. And I don't understand why people keep arguing over this. I'm boots on the ground--I see this crap all day almost everyday. And what I see here is a bunch of "experts" who because the CDC said this, or I read the literature, I saw it on TV/internet, etc I know better blah blah blah. What you hear and what you see is not always what is happening but the truth is always somewhere in the middle. Should you be alarmed, concerned, worried, scared whatever? If you value your life and those of your own, then yes. Treat this as a threat. Play it safe. Follow standard precautions, social distance, stay home if you can... that's how you can help/protect yourself.
    If you think this is the flu or a hoax, at least have the common decency to wear a mask out in public because some of us who don't agree with your stance are obligated to do our jobs--taking care of the sick, keeping the stores open, responding to emergencies, etc.
    Also, I don't know about all of Texas, but the facilities/hospitals that I frequent are nearing capacity with COVID patients and I'm afraid that we're about to get crushed. I hope that isn't the case but I'm not feeling very optimistic. Hopefully, we can all find some common ground here--so we can get out of this. I'm tired.
    Ill tell you why.
    It has been made political and we are in a very important election year.
    We have a president who creates divisions, he won an election by creating divisions.
    Sorry you have to see what you do, but welcome to the US under horrible LEADERSHIP.

There is no US trying to get through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberate Texas from our authoritarian governor!
    Remove all interstate highways and privatize the new ones.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aside from 0-17, these charts line up pretty evenly with the population % of each of these age groups.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Thank you for putting your life on the life to try to save our lives even if not all of us seem to value your work nor safety sadly.

Thread Information