Page 754 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2546547047447507517527537547557567577587648048541254 ... LastLast
Results 18,826 to 18,850 of 40770
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point we can all reach for our favorite cure to get us out of this mess.
    my particular pet is a vaccine and even if we make a really good one it’s got to be tested in mass produced.

there’s just so much we don’t know, we just keep going around in circles hoping
    eventually will figure it out or figure out how to live with it as a constant in our lives hopefully like the common cold.

since there is no real leader ship who gives us information, tells us why it might be wrong, and then what the next step is depending on various situations....

we can all just throw around.
    theoldren has found the perfect niche for purposeful lying
    Less than 2x flu is covid ifr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The problem is that studies with larger samples (like the Oxford one, which had almost twice as many samples) returned the opposite conclusion, which is why almost nobody at this point recommends hydroxychloroquine for covid treatment.

It's probably the most scrutinized and tested drug against covid at this time, and it's truly unfortunate it didn't work out. Thankfully, there's other alternatives out there now.
    With the results of this study it is almost certainly back on the table. It is said to prevent the cytokine storm that essentially burns down the house trying to protect you. If you wait until the house is already smoldering to administer, it will be of no use, obviously.

The reason this drug became a thing for COVID in the first place is because the Chinese were noticing they were not getting any Lupus patients in their ICU's. Obviously they were already on hydroxychloriquine upon infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the results of this study it is almost certainly back on the table. It is said to prevent the cytokine storm that essentially burns down the house trying to protect you. If you wait until the house is already smoldering to administer, it will be of no use, obviously.

The reason this drug became a thing for COVID in the first place is because the Chinese were noticing they were not getting any Lupus patients in their ICU's. Obviously they were already on hydroxychloriquine upon infection.
    What you're saying is that it should be used as a prophylactic, instead of treatment, which is why it has been tested quite a bit on medical personnel, but that's not what the study claims.

That said, I have zero problems with doing further studies on this drug, tbh... and as we can see, there's studies still ongoing. Any tool you can add to the arsenal to fight this thing is welcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has this been posted?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...3ji-story.html

I'm sure its going to be written off completely and will trigger some people.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The problem is that studies with larger samples (like the Oxford one, which had almost twice as many samples) returned the opposite conclusion, which is why almost nobody at this point recommends hydroxychloroquine for covid treatment.

It's probably the most scrutinized and tested drug against covid at this time, and it's truly unfortunate it didn't work out. Thankfully, there's other alternatives out there now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noooo not Jimmie!

The F1 boys are back at it this weekend as well. Plenty of masks but saw very little social distancing.

It's hard to keep pit crews distanced when your job is not to be. This will end up the same.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Has this been posted?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...3ji-story.html

I'm sure its going to be written off completely and will trigger some people.
    Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti now admits protests in the city DID lead to a e in coronavirus cases after he previously insisted there was no link
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rus-cases.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep the studies coming, tbh... it should be noted that Todaro jumped the gun with at least the Sinai one...

Due to the inherent limitations of our retrospective study design, there was no conclusive determination on the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients with COVID-19.

That's right there on the paper. Also, the first study only encompasses 141 patients.

Like I said, this is the most scrutinized and tested drug against covid at this time, which makes it kind of weird we continue to see such diverging results and conclusions, tbh... (and by that I don't mean I'm skeptic, just genuinely curious what's that due to).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not necessarily a prophylactic because I don't think it totally prevents it, but I do think it prevents, in some cases, less severity of symptoms.

The problem is there is no way to predict who's immune system is more prone to self destruct. So we don't know who to administer the drug on. My wife takes it for RA and it's potent...can make you go blind, so obvious risk involved.

And I agree. Maybe a tail of this drug + Zinc + Remdesivir + The steroid + VIT D ultimately becomes the norm in treating this virus.

What you're saying is that it should be used as a prophylactic, instead of treatment, which is why it has been tested quite a bit on medical personnel, but that's not what the study claims.

That said, I have zero problems with doing further studies on this drug, tbh... and as we can see, there's studies still ongoing. Any tool you can add to the arsenal to fight this thing is welcome.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Keep the studies coming, tbh... it should be noted that Todaro jumped the gun with at least the Sinai one...

Due to the inherent limitations of our retrospective study design, there was no conclusive determination on the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients with COVID-19.

That's right there on the paper. Also, the first study only encompasses 141 patients.

Like I said, this is the most scrutinized and tested drug against covid at this time, which makes it kind of weird we continue to see such diverging results and conclusions, tbh... (and by that I don't mean I'm skeptic, just genuinely curious what's that due to).
    Biggest difference in studies seem to be addition of zinc and stage of sickness delivered. Whatever the works is great. I’ll never understand the rooting against certain remedies...not saying you have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily a prophylactic because I don't think it totally prevents it, but I do think it prevents, in some cases, less severity of symptoms.

The problem is there is no way to predict who's immune system is more prone to self destruct. So we don't know who to administer the drug on. My wife takes it for RA and it's potent...can make you go blind, so obvious risk involved.

And I agree. Maybe a tail of this drug + Zinc + Remdesivir + The steroid + VIT D ultimately becomes the norm in treating this virus.
    A shot of Lysol a day keeps the doctor at bay

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti now admits protests in the city DID lead to a e in coronavirus cases after he previously insisted there was no link
    Lol but all the protestors were keeping 6 feet, not talkIng, and wearing masks! Thats how peaceful protests work!

Again, support the protest. But the hypocrisy for closing beaches is crazy not to mention absent of science.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The hard right still claims Trump didn't actually say that, or mean that

If he was being sarcastic then he is the greatest actor of all time.

A shot of Lysol a day keeps the doctor at bay

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, good news if it can be repeated.

Hopefully that's in time for SnakeBoy.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never said e.

Fake news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest difference in studies seem to be addition of zinc and stage of sickness delivered. Whatever the works is great. I’ll never understand the rooting against certain remedies...not saying you have.
    IIRC, the combo with Zinc has been in the mix since the start. At least, I recall people mentioning it here way back when.

Even if it proves not to be as effective as other drugs, you always want to build up your toolbox. Just like there's some people that can't take this due to vision/hearth side-effects, there will be people that can't take other drugs for the same reason.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, good news if it can be repeated.

Hopefully that's in time for SnakeBoy.
    Az ca and tx have an ifr of less than flu. But but but

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    IIRC, the combo with Zinc has been in the mix since the start. At least, I recall people mentioning it here way back when.

Even if it proves not to be as effective as other drugs, you always want to build up your toolbox. Just like there's some people that can't take this due to vision/hearth side-effects, there will be people that can't take other drugs for the same reason.
    It has been in the mix, but the biggest studies released declaring it ineffective didn’t include it from what I remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has been in the mix, but the biggest studies released declaring it ineffective didn’t include it from what I remember.
    Actually, some of the newer studies are using combos with drugs like Azithromycin, which are also under trial to verify their efficacy standalone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the key is to keep the acquired immune system from overreacting, which is why immuno-suppresants are being used.

same drugs are used in auto-immune diseases, esp extreme cases.

When Trash pimped HCQ, he caused shortages, which caused lupus victims to find none of it, and/or pay exorbitant prices.

Lupus can be very hard to diagnose since the symptoms can be extremely varies,

just like they are finding that C19 immune attacks are causing all kinds of weird and varying symptoms.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk is hilarious because of the above. Once they are proven wrong about the significance of something they move right on to the subsidies and try to gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HCQ probably works because it is a zinc ionophore. Quercetin can do the same.

The moment I show symptoms of this, I have mass doses of C, zinc, and quercetin.

I'm already on 2000 IU of vit. D daily.

I think I already had covid in March, but, whatever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody forget that the docs stopped using HCQ cause it was not saving people, but killing them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk is hilarious because of the above. Once they are proven wrong about the significance of something they move right on to the subsidies and try to gossip
    This disease is a Nothingburger for some, but deadly for others.

Thread Information