Page 765 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2656657157557617627637647657667677687697758158651265 ... LastLast
Results 19,101 to 19,125 of 40770
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOLOLOLOLOL Set 2s at 45% impressive - thldren

BWAHAHAHA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great.

new viral pnemonia from Khazakstan coming through

Much deadlier than Covid. Communities there already quarantining

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the human race

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the human race

I have yet to see anything about this virus being new.
    They are having a bad outbreak and made our list of where not to go, while we are on most everyone else's list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just my opinion
    but I think when they actually get more time to assess this we are going to see various organs deprived of O2 showing decreased efficiency and failure. Nervous system and kidneys especially as they will be more obvious. Those who had breathing difficulty as a symptom especially, although some people who had no difficulty breathing had very low O2 levels and should have exhibited breathing problems. There is still a lot of weird associated with getting this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without a kickass vaccine we are gonna live (or die) with this forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We will figure this out despite Trump because we still have the best people in biological science.
    And if allowed to work truthfully with the rest of the world, we will not only have a vaccine, we will learn the long term consequences and figure out how to mitigate the damage.

Its been a hard lesson though.

As far as health care goes, we are still fd though.
    The current idiot needs out, he lied, he had zero for a plan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we still have the best people in biological science.
    bull

There are excellent, brilliant, hard working researchers all over the planet giving their best to find a vaccine. USA does not have any exclusivity on talent or resources.

What America does have is the most predatory, corrupt, greedy BigPharma that will exploit, preferably monopolize, any vaccine(s) to suck wealth from citizens into the pockets of Capitalists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bull

There are excellent, brilliant, hard working researchers all over the planet giving their best to find a vaccine. USA does not have any exclusivity on talent or resources.

What America does have is the most predatory, corrupt, greedy BigPharma that will exploit, preferably monopolize, any vaccine(s) to suck wealth from citizens into the pockets of Capitalists.
    We have THE BEST BIOLGICAL Scientists in the world hands down.
    A bunch of them are kids of Indian and Chinese people who came over here because they valued the education and the freedom.
    The last two descriptors are being eroded by one term of a horrible president.

We are the center for all of the research they do in other countries that is top notch now.
    There is no disputing this. The WHO knows this as well which is why they rely on US so heavily.

You dont know what you are talking about. Go anywhere in the world and ask this truthfully and get a truthful answer, its US.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any superiority the US has in biomedical research is not x times above number 2, which is rapidly advancing China, and there is no guarantee that any US superiority will produce the "winning" vaccine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health experts are increasingly convinced that the

only way to stop America's rapidly worsening coronavirus situation is to reimpose stay-at-home orders
    “Stay-at-home is a blunt instrument,”

“But when you’re leading the world in new cases and things don’t seem to be getting better, you may have to use that blunt instrument.”

We see the hurricane coming.

In some places, it’s already here.

The question is whether you’re going to evacuate your citizens from the path.”

White House ... pressuring federal health agencies to fall in line with President Trump's rosy outlook on the pandemic.

The administration has also resumed pushing people to take hydroxychloroquine

Navarro is now pushing the agency to reauthorize the drug,
    citing a new study that many scientists says is flawed.

“Children are clearly at low risk of serious illness from covid-19,”

“But it’s unclear to what extent they can still transmit it to each other and

to vulnerable adults — such as their teachers or family members.”

-- WaPo C19 email

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our Minds Aren’t Equipped for This Kind of Reopening

As states ease restrictions on businesses, individuals face a psychological morass.

Reopening is a mess.

Americans’ disgust should be aimed at governments and ins utions, not at one another.

Individuals are being asked to decide for themselves what chances they should take,

but a century of research on human cognition shows that

people are bad at assessing risk in complex situations.

During a disease outbreak,

vague guidance and ambivalent behavioral norms will lead to thoroughly flawed thinking.

Pandemic decision making implicates at least two complex cognitive tasks:

moral reasoning and risk evaluation.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...MjkwNjYyOTQ2S0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Worse Than New York’:

How Coronavirus Exploded in South Carolina

South Carolina is besieged by the coronavirus, reporting more cases per capita than most countries.

“We’ve completely lost control of the situation,” one doctor told the Beast.

“We’re going to be worse than New York,”

“But at least in New York, people took the virus seriously.

Here, we’re in a war zone that

people refuse to accept.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/south-carolinas-coronavirus-outbreak-is-worse-than-most-countries

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was sent this link for con man and his bull rhetoric.

https://www. ute.com/video/oZJIhduczyuW/

the comments show how easily simpletons are conned, one is even "locked and loaded"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll: 40% of Republicans won’t get coronavirus vaccine

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-poll-40-of-republicans-wont-get-coronavirus-vaccine-20200603-a5na6g7pavdmdizk5qyrmcja3y-story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American Passports Are Worthless Now

Americans have gone from having access to most of the world to being banned from most of it.

Today, Americans are only allowed in a few Caribbean islands and the Balkans. An American passport is now worthless.

Worse than worthless, it’s a plague.

think it is difficult for Americans to understand that

they are, to use an epidemiological term, completely ed.

In the absence of a humane government, America is now ruled by COVID-19.

January 2021. Given than you need a functioning government to manage this pandemic, that’s the soonest Americans can get one.

It’s far too late.

The most reliable projections are saying

200,000 dead and

million infected

by election day in November.

Even these projections struggle to account for

completely irrational federal actions like

denigrating masks,

pushing to reopen early, and

pushing students back into schools.

This is not the absence of public health, this is its opposite.

America will be lucky to exit this pandemic with less than a million dead and 100 million infected.

you can’t trust Americans.

Americans have poor hygiene (low masking rate) and

at least 40% of the population can’t be trusted to even believe that COVID-19 exists, let alone to take it seriously.

Americans have a toxic combination of ignorance and arrogance that makes them unwelcome travelers.

A world that largely suppresses the virus

from
    Mongolia to Ghana to Trinidad & Tobago

but which has to keep America in isolation.

https://medium.com/@indica/the-plagu...a-53b20678a80e

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Worse Than New York’:

How Coronavirus Exploded in South Carolina

South Carolina is besieged by the coronavirus, reporting more cases per capita than most countries.

“We’ve completely lost control of the situation,” one doctor told the Beast.

“We’re going to be worse than New York,”

“But at least in New York, people took the virus seriously.

Here, we’re in a war zone that

people refuse to accept.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/south-carolinas-coronavirus-outbreak-is-worse-than-most-countries

Lolololololl

Said the same thing about South Dakota.

Hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any superiority the US has in biomedical research is not x times above number 2, which is rapidly advancing China, and there is no guarantee that any US superiority will produce the "winning" vaccine.
    I agree with this.
    But in biological sciences overall WE are the best. We need and do cooperate with China to get even better stuff. The lady that actually found the bats with this virus and is really responsible for helping us follow the virus as it creeps and crosses the world is from China. She ran all this stuff by us before she even published. She has been instrumental in this whole thing in finding the probable location where this thing arose. The rest of the world can get samples and run their RNA so we can follow it. We set up all these techniques. We have far outdone other countries is the creation of new techniques in molecular biology.

But at this rate it wont last with a guy in office who does not understand the advantage of recruiting capable people in science. The only advantage we have now is a bit more freedom in their ability to publish, otherwise they are starting to get more freedom to search and do basic research in stuff they are interested in and in their home country. this is my take. Orange guy is totally a waste at this and does not get the majority of these people just want to do their thing and not get involved in politics. If he does not like what they see, he dismisses them. So they have to be politicians and science people at the same time and this is not a good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blah blah blah orange man bad, never mind governors and mayors in every city in every state still don't know whether to or go blind.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this.
    But in biological sciences overall WE are the best. We need and do cooperate with China to get even better stuff. The lady that actually found the bats with this virus and is really responsible for helping us follow the virus as it creeps and crosses the world is from China. She ran all this stuff by us before she even published. She has been instrumental in this whole thing in finding the probable location where this thing arose. The rest of the world can get samples and run their RNA so we can follow it. We set up all these techniques. We have far outdone other countries is the creation of new techniques in molecular biology.

But at this rate it wont last with a guy in office who does not understand the advantage of recruiting capable people in science. The only advantage we have now is a bit more freedom in their ability to publish, otherwise they are starting to get more freedom to search and do basic research in stuff they are interested in and in their home country. this is my take. Orange guy is totally a waste at this and does not get the majority of these people just want to do their thing and not get involved in politics. If he does not like what they see, he dismisses them. So they have to be politicians and science people at the same time and this is not a good thing.
    Well said. He's a terrible president and that needs to be repeated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well said. He's a terrible president and that needs to be repeated.
    Man do I hope he inks off on DACA. I think he sees the writing on the wall that he ain't winning reelection and that inner limousine liberal he was in the 80s is rearing its head, so he's no longer being totally inflexible on every perceived liberal cause to appease the base. Wingnut twitter is pretty pissed he's softening on DACA, meaning lost votes.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man do I hope he inks off on DACA. I think he sees the writing on the wall that he ain't winning reelection and that inner limousine liberal he was in the 80s is rearing its head, so he's no longer being totally inflexible on every perceived liberal cause to appease the base. Wingnut twitter is pretty pissed he's softening on DACA, meaning lost votes.
    Since they had to cancel the rally they probably just sat around and wondered what they could do to get his poll numbers back up so expect a left turn on obviously popular issues like a DACA and a CARES extension. Masking up was a gesture in this direction. Dear Leader will expect gra ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since they had to cancel the rally they probably just sat around and wondered what they could do to get his poll numbers back up so expect a left turn on obviously popular issues like a DACA and a CARES extension. Masking up was a gesture in this direction. Dear Leader will expect gra ude.
    And we won't give it to him . He'll only lose some of the base. Desperation move, indeed.

Thread Information