Page 780 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2806807307707767777787797807817827837847908308801280 ... LastLast
Results 19,476 to 19,500 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible argument
    So you agree an 80 year having a few more years of life is more important than losing a few grand on your 401K or other market investments?

Finally we agree on something. Yes, not protecting the vulnerable in service of the market is a terrible thing.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time I go into public
    Why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree an 80 year having a few more years of life is more important than losing a few grand on your 401K or other market investments?

Finally we agree on something. Yes, not protecting the vulnerable in service of the market is a terrible thing.
    I didn't say that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of Cheney’s famous quotes was (maybe paraphrased) if there’s even a 1% chance of a terrorist attack, we should prepare for it as if it’s an absolute certainty.

I don’t understand why conservatives agree with this quote but won’t apply the same logic to facemasks. If there’s even a small chance that wearing a face mask can reduce the spread of coronavirus, why can’t you just ing wear one?
    Most conservatives I know agree with this. The fringe lunatics aren't representative of the mean. I carry masks and gloves, and hand sanitizer in my car. I put on a mask even at a drive through window, as well as gloves when handing my credit card. I feel much of it is a placebo but even a placebo isn't without merit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The resistance against masks is obviously because they see masks as a "liberal thing" and their peanut brains are wired to reflexively resist anything that they perceive as liberal.
    I think this is it more than anything else, not sure if it’s really race related. The lot of them that are bible thumpers also see the world in an oversimplified view of “good vs evil” because that’s how the Bible portrays things. Bible thumpers are quick to downplay things like global warming and COVID-19 because there isn’t a face of evil to associate those threats with like there is with terrorism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say that.
    Well you should've said that. Because the contrary opinion of that is terrible.

So I take it you're with Dan Patrick that grandma should die for out house of cards economy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just afraid of punishment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think law abiding citizens are that way out of fear?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The USA pandemic is now TWICE as severe as it was in March/April when schools were closed,

but Trash/Repugs/Devos are extorting schools to re-open?

Public school teachers, save yourselves, because Trash/Repugs don't give the tiniest about you.

They don't ing care about you, never have, never will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About many laws, sure.

Do you wear a mask you think is just a placebo?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Versus getting or spreading a virus? Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you wear your placebo mask, DMC?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you wear your placebo mask, DMC?
    so you mashed 2 quotes together out of context that really said people wear masks from fear and not science.

Okey dokey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most conservatives I know agree with this. The fringe lunatics aren't representative of the mean. I carry masks and gloves, and hand sanitizer in my car. I put on a mask even at a drive through window, as well as gloves when handing my credit card. I feel much of it is a placebo but even a placebo isn't without merit.
    Dunno, man. It seems reasonable conservatives are on the fringe now. Trumpism has seemed to totally take over the party's platform. You can say I need to stop viewing the world through social media or whatever, but why do 40 percent still approve of this ? He has been a dumpster fire by every measures and the constant lie after lie after lie are just hard to stomach.

Biden is actually rather moderate. Many progressives are holding their nose, really. He ain't gonna take away the guns. He isn't going to abolish the police. His tax increases won't put any millionaires in the poor house. We'll also need tax increases to pay for all the covid response. He is actually against single payer healthcare. So I'm unsure why conservatives would continue to side Trump when Biden is a fairly safe choice? He isn't AOC, the conservative Boogeygirl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you mashed 2 quotes together out of context that really said people wear masks from fear and not science.

Okey dokey.
    No, I'm using you as an example since you said you wear the mask out of fear of being punished.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It would be helpful if DJT would make an unqualified public statement endorsing it instead of hemming and hawing. The fringe element is the group that listens to him the most, his refusal to outright tell people to wear facemasks is driven by stubbornness/a fixation with “triggering da libs!”

I also think that government at all levels needs to lead on this for it to be effective. When a city lifts restrictions and allows nightclubs to open up w/o mask requirements, I can’t fault people (liberal or conservative) who see that and interpret it as a green light to go maskless. Similarly, when Brian Kemp signs an order making it so local municipalities can’t require facemasks, it’d be naive to think that won’t lead to some Georgians believing they shouldn’t wear a mask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About many laws, sure.

Do you wear a mask you think is just a placebo?
    Yes because it makes other feel safe and that has value to me.

Which laws do you think people only obey out of fear?

Do you think then that deterrence based on severity of punishment is effective? If so, are you for capital punishment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes because it makes other feel safe and that has value to me.
    So how long do you plan on wearing it?

Which laws do you think people only obey out of fear?
    Many speed limits, for example.

They would likely drive much faster than the speed limit if they didn't think the potential for punishment was there.

Do you think then that deterrence based on severity of punishment is effective?
    In many cases, sure. Singapore is pretty clear. Doesn't mean I want litterbugs fined as much here.
    If so, are you for capital punishment?
    No, since you can't resurrect a person if there is an error.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 07-19-2020 at 01:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Many speed limits, for example.
    So traffic laws. Why didn't you say "mask laws"?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Dunno, man. It seems reasonable conservatives are on the fringe now. Trumpism has seemed to totally take over the party's platform. You can say I need to stop viewing the world through social media or whatever, but why do 40 percent still approve of this ? He has been a dumpster fire by every measures and the constant lie after lie after lie are just hard to stomach.

Biden is actually rather moderate. Many progressives are holding their nose, really. He ain't gonna take away the guns. He isn't going to abolish the police. His tax increases won't put any millionaires in the poor house. We'll also need tax increases to pay for all the covid response. He is actually against single payer healthcare. So I'm unsure why conservatives would continue to side Trump when Biden is a fairly safe choice? He isn't AOC, the conservative Boogeygirl.
    Yeah Karens who are pissing and moaning about going without masks don’t seem fringe to me. They seem like upper middle class housewives. I’m sure they’re shallow people I’d want to murder with a rusty hatchet if I had a conservation with them, but not fringe.

To your point, GWB’s approval rating dipped to 25% in 2008 because of a global financial crisis that had been in the making since the 1980s (GWB certainly shoulders some blame for it but Alan Greenspan is still the architect of the financial crisis imo). Rignt now the country is in equally as much disarray as it was in 2008 almost solely due to a public health crisis that every modern country other than Murica has gotten under control by now, but DJT’s approval rating won’t go below 40%. Why exactly would that 15% give the benefit of the doubt to Trump and not GWB? It makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So it's returned to November.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So traffic laws. Why didn't you say "mask laws"?
    Because thldren just admitted it for masks.

See my edits above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of Cheney’s famous quotes was (maybe paraphrased) if there’s even a 1% chance of a terrorist attack, we should prepare for it as if it’s an absolute certainty.

I don’t understand why conservatives agree with this quote but won’t apply the same logic to facemasks. If there’s even a small chance that wearing a face mask can reduce the spread of coronavirus, why can’t you just ing wear one?
    Because they wear the armor of Christ

Thread Information