Page 791 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2916917417817877887897907917927937947958018418911291 ... LastLast
Results 19,751 to 19,775 of 40782
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If there was something in those links talking about how prone adolescents were you would post it. You haven't, so I will just assume that you are, again, lying by omission.

All the links I looked at were just studies on children 10 and under with no concrete data about adolescents. Highschoolers won't wear masks consistently, and lumping them into rooms without social distancing for seven hours a day, five days a week doesn't sound safe, even with masks. "just wear masks" isn't really much of a plan.

Your claim, your burden of proof.
    Are you now conceding that it is safe to open all schools for children under 10?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

unnerving?

How the is this guy a cofounder and exec editor of Stat news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you now conceding that it is safe to open all schools for children under 10?
    Nope. You haven't really proven that either, unless you are going to have other children under 10 teaching them? I have yet to see a coherent evidence based plan.

All you have is "children under 10 don't get sick or pass it on very much" but don't really have anything that might show how fast it would go if you lump them together five days a week for 8 to 9 hours a day. Your provided evidence is pretty thin on that. The studies were done on populations after schools closed, and didn't really look at schools that remained open for any length of time.

I assume by your continued lack of showing any evidence about teenagers that it doesn't exist. I will quit asking for it. You obviously can't even come close to showing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

unnerving?

Going to guess that wasn't evidence on how readily adolescents spread COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

unnerving?

yes. unnerving. because that means we could have way more people spreading this than we know. we still dont have a great grasp on what sort of long term lasting effects the virus has on people who manage not to die or show serious symptoms. and even 20x the infections wouldnt have us very close to herd immunity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not "soothing myself", I'm putting current state of affairs in proportion.
    Just for some perspective, more Americans have died of regular flu this season than the worldwide covid-19 deaths.

More than double the covid-19 count.
    smh

Tell me again about how your perspective is an accurate reflection of reality.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin's MO is to find ways to be glad other people are dying who are not himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes. unnerving. because that means we could have way more people spreading this than we know. we still dont have a great grasp on what sort of long term lasting effects the virus has on people who manage not to die or show serious symptoms. and even 20x the infections wouldnt have us very close to herd immunity
    Been saying all along that the confirmed cases were way undercounting the actual infection rate, based on what we can estimate about the overall mortality of COVID. it is basic algebra.

If exposure to some risk kills .05% of the people who are exposed to a risk, and there have been 8000 deaths, then how many people had to been exposed to that risk produce that number of fatalities?

X(.0005)=8000, solve for X
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 07-21-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: mindful of teh decimal.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really need a working vaccine pronto.
    Our federal government just bailed out on this whole mess.
    Awful leadership and just flat out lying don’t work on this type of problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can't bs your way through a pandemic, yet that's exactly what's happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can't bs your way through a pandemic, yet that's exactly what's happening.
    He has abdicated everything. Read somewhere that was mostly due to his chief of staff's strategy. I am guessing that is because he knows his boss sucks ass at actually managing things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Props to Darrin for making this show up on my FB feed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -wrong thread- stoopid tabbed browsing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Props to Darrin for making this show up on my FB feed.

Toldya Zdogg is good. A real doctor and , and a good advocate for health care professionals. He did a couple of interesting shows on anti-vaxxer loonies, who were being loonies in the background.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has abdicated everything. Read somewhere that was mostly due to his chief of staff's strategy. I am guessing that is because he knows his boss sucks ass at actually managing things.
    Once upon a time there was a US President people thought was really dumb, but he knew his limits and was better at picking good people to do things for him, and after all, GWHB picked most of those people. There was more ins utional competence.

GWB was the one who really jump-started pandemic preparedness and policy in this century.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/geor...ry?id=69979013

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prof heneghan said ifr the flu. Talking data manipulation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...ealth-53443724

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toldya Zdogg is good. A real doctor and , and a good advocate for health care professionals. He did a couple of interesting shows on anti-vaxxer loonies, who were being loonies in the background.
    Oh was it you? Cool. Now that I look at it, one of conservative friends surprisingly posted it. Thought it might've been det algorithm after I did a search. Maybe they're finally coming around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once upon a time there was a US President people thought was really dumb, but he knew his limits and was better at picking good people to do things for him, and after all, GWHB picked most of those people. There was more ins utional competence.

GWB was the one who really jump-started pandemic preparedness and policy in this century.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/geor...ry?id=69979013
    He still ran the initial Iraq occupation based on ideology over competence. Whatever I might give Bush, he has blood on his hands for that.

Still, Bush the younger was not the dumbest brick in the pack, and the Republidumb party will have to live this one down for a long, long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh was it you? Cool. Now that I look at it, one of conservative friends surprisingly posted it. Thought it might've been det algorithm after I did a search. Maybe they're finally coming around.
    Darrin posted it originally, which surprised me, because it was actually a decent channel. He said something they agreed with so, it got bumped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever GWB's crimes -- they are heinous imho -- he at least had a moral imagination and tried to use power to do good for people occasionally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Flu isn't even mentioned in that article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin posted it originally, which surprised me, because it was actually a decent channel. He said something they agreed with so, it got bumped.
    Got it

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Nope. You haven't really proven that either, unless you are going to have other children under 10 teaching them? I have yet to see a coherent evidence based plan.

All you have is "children under 10 don't get sick or pass it on very much" but don't really have anything that might show how fast it would go if you lump them together five days a week for 8 to 9 hours a day. Your provided evidence is pretty thin on that. The studies were done on populations after schools closed, and didn't really look at schools that remained open for any length of time.

I assume by your continued lack of showing any evidence about teenagers that it doesn't exist. I will quit asking for it. You obviously can't even come close to showing that.
    Nice job claiming you read them and proving you didn’t

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.ksby.com/news/coronaviru...agnosis-secret

chick goes to work knowingly infected and also infected her 15 other housemates.

like this is why.........this is why we're ed

Thread Information