Page 796 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2966967467867927937947957967977987998008068468961296 ... LastLast
Results 19,876 to 19,900 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't you the one saying that after the CDC website went dark the public would no longer have access to the data and only experts "in the circle" would have access to the data while other needed experts would be out of luck and not able to access the data?
    The general public, however, can only see the number of inpatient beds in each state, the number of all inpatient beds occupied by COVID-19 patients, and the number of intensive care unit beds that are occupied. HHS Protect does not give data on how many ICU beds are occupied by patients with COVID-19. It is not clear whether those data are available to the verified users of the data system.

HHS has not made it clear who will be included among verified users aside from state health officials, CDC staff, and hospitals.
    https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/934288

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    edit: not registering just post the article.
    The federal government has made public a fraction of the data it began requiring hospitals to provide to its new COVID-19 portal ― at least to those who are not verified ― days after it barred the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from collecting and reporting the information.

Many public health officials and epidemiologists have expressed concern that the change in reporting requirements could cause delays in response to the pandemic as hospitals learn the new system and that it could hinder state health departments and researchers from analyzing what's happening in their state, region, or nationally if they don't get access to all the data.

Jose Arrieta, the chief information officer at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), told reporters on a July 20 call that individuals who log on to the HHS Protect Coronavirus Data Hub — who are validated and authenticated ― will be able to see all the data that hospitals submit, even if it is missing elements requested by the agency.

Having the raw data means "they can do their own predictions, they can do their own modeling, so they can get an understanding of how their own communities are faring in the response," said Arrieta.

HHS Protect also collects supply chain data from government and industry; data from diagnostic labs regarding test results; testing locations; state policy actions; emergency department data on COVID-19 and influenza-like illness; and other information.

The general public, however, can only see the number of inpatient beds in each state, the number of all inpatient beds occupied by COVID-19 patients, and the number of intensive care unit beds that are occupied. HHS Protect does not give data on how many ICU beds are occupied by patients with COVID-19. It is not clear whether those data are available to the verified users of the data system.

HHS has not made it clear who will be included among verified users aside from state health officials, CDC staff, and hospitals.

Backlash
    Hospitals — and some state health departments on behalf of hospitals — had previously been reporting COVID-related data to the CDC's National Healthcare Safety Network. Some also had been reporting to HHS Protect, which became operational on April 10.

But on July 10, HHS quietly issued a guidance do ent that notified those state officials and hospitals that they should stop reporting to the CDC and should instead submit data through the new HHS Protect system beginning July 15.

There was a swift backlash to the announcement. Janet Hamilton, MPH, executive director of the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists, told Medscape Medical News that state health officials felt "totally blindsided by this and they had no time to work with their hospitals or prepare or do the things that we in public health really like to do."

Arrieta said that HHS was aware that the move had caused some angst. "We realize this is a change, and any time there is a change, any change, it obviously creates a little bit of tension, maybe a little bit of pain," he told reporters on July 20.

But he said the new system would be able to track data more efficiently and report it in real time. Arrieta said only 3000 of the nation's 6200 hospitals were using the CDC system, which left an information gap.

"We're very encouraged by the large number of hospitals we have reporting since this change was announced," he said. He noted that 4500 to 4700 hospitals were now reporting to HHS Protect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^don't think they'll have any control over death data, which we can all grab directly from county and state data sets. So I'm not THAT worried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lashing out with childish name calling when you can't admit you're wrong. You do you.
    K, derp

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ^don't think they'll have any control over death data, which we can all grab directly from county and state data sets. So I'm not THAT worried.
    And we've still got John Hopkins which never relied on CDC data to begin with. I get your skepticism about the HHS site but I don't think there is anything nefarious going on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we've still got John Hopkins which never relied on CDC data to begin with. I get your skepticism about the HHS site but I don't think there is anything nefarious going on.
    If Trash does ANYTHING, it's nefarious, fraudulent, dishonest, obfuscating, until proven otherwise.

Of course, TSA always gives Trash the benefit of the doubt

eg, CDC secretly told 11 hot spot cities to get their pandemic together, secretly so as not to undermine Trash's downplaying of The Trump-Made Pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The governors and/or state health departments are probably being sneakier anyway. The whole pneumonia death deal. From what I've read. Covid is rather easy to diagnose since the "ground glass" effect in the lungs is prominent, but many states require a confirmed test to code it as Covid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The governors and/or state health departments are probably being sneakier anyway. The whole pneumonia death deal. From what I've read. Covid is rather easy to diagnose since the "ground glass" effect in the lungs is prominent, but many states require a confirmed test to code it as Covid.
    lololooolol

You have no clue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a couple of weeks ago
    Does that explain the e in deaths due to "all causes"

Chicken .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just drop it with the truther already mid Data is data. Were you aware there were 3000+ covid deaths classified like this? I didn't. It doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things but nonetheless it's kind of shocking they'd include these as covid deaths.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2767980
    Main Outcomes and Measures Increases in weekly deaths due to any cause or deaths due to pneumonia/influenza/COVID-19 above a baseline, which was adjusted for time of year, influenza activity, and reporting delays. These estimates were compared with reported deaths attributed to COVID-19 and with testing data.

Results There were approximately 781 000 total deaths in the United States from March 1 to May 30, 2020, representing 122 300 (95% prediction interval, 116 800-127 000) more deaths than would typically be expected at that time of year. There were 95 235 reported deaths officially attributed to COVID-19 from March 1 to May 30, 2020. The number of excess all-cause deaths was 28% higher than the official tally of COVID-19–reported deaths during that period. In several states, these deaths occurred before increases in the availability of COVID-19 diagnostic tests and were not counted in official COVID-19 death records. There was substantial variability between states in the difference between official COVID-19 deaths and the estimated burden of excess deaths.

Conclusions and Relevance Excess deaths provide an estimate of the full COVID-19 burden and indicate that official tallies likely undercount deaths due to the virus. The mortality burden and the completeness of the tallies vary markedly between states.
    JAMA truther now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These truthers can whine about this all they want, fact is Covid deaths are being underreported. California has 4000 more "pneumonia" deaths than a typical year.
    Just drop it with the truther already mid Data is data. Were you aware there were 3000+ covid deaths classified like this? I didn't. It doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things but nonetheless it's kind of shocking they'd include these as covid deaths.
    The May 9 endpoint was chosen due to apparently increased reporting lags in provisional mortality counts. We estimated greater excess mortality than official COVID-19 mortality in the U.S. (excess mortality 95% confidence interval (CI) (80862, 107284) vs. 78834 COVID-19 deaths) and 6 states: California (excess mortality 95% CI (2891, 5873) vs. 2849 COVID-19 deaths); Illinois (95% CI (4412, 5871) vs. 3525 COVID-19 deaths); Massachusetts (95% CI (5061, 6317) vs. 5050 COVID-19 deaths); New Jersey (95% CI (12497, 15307) vs. 10465 COVID-19 deaths); and New York (95% CI (30469, 37722) vs. 26584 COVID-19 deaths). Conventional model results were consistent with semiparametric results but less precise.
    Official COVID-19 mortality substantially understates actual mortality, suggesting greater case-fatality rates. Mortality reporting lags appeared to worsen during the pandemic, when timeliness in surveillance systems was most crucial for improving pandemic response.
    I could put the bolded part in size 7 font if that would help.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I could put the bolded part in size 7 font if that would help.
    Why would you bold and put something in size 7 font that I wasn't arguing against?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet that burned Trump's ass he was invited to throw out the first pitch in DC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Trump's White House briefing. Jesus, this is just blatant propaganda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spain, France, UK, Sweden all have higher deaths per million than US but people here keep sucking them off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spain, France, UK, Sweden all have higher deaths per million than US but people here keep sucking them off.
    You are right we should be sucking off the real winners.

China, vietnam, cuba tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. I've criticized Sweden to no end. I've called the UK insane with their purposeful herd immunity strategy early in the pandemic. Spain got blindsided but locked down hard and has crushed their curve. And yes, France didn't perform well. That said, we'll likely exceed a couple of those on deaths per million. In any event, we rank 11th in the deaths per million out of 200 listed countries and we're trending up.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we have a whole thread dedicated to criticizing Sweden and I don't remember our saying much good about the others. More the opposite.

Welcome to the party, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what?

who is sucking them off, tholdren?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA undercounts C19 deaths, with pandemic "excess deaths" being pneumonia

Conclusions and Relevance

Excess deaths provide an estimate of the full COVID-19 burden and indicate that

official tallies likely undercount deaths due to the virus.

The mortality burden and the completeness of the tallies vary markedly between states.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

tallies vary between blue vs red states?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Trump's White House briefing. Jesus, this is just blatant propaganda.

i mean, the data is from the european cdc

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...pickerSort=asc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right we should be sucking off the real winners.

China, vietnam, cuba tbqh

Thread Information