Page 813 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3137137638038098108118128138148158168178238639131313 ... LastLast
Results 20,301 to 20,325 of 40768
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol vague ad hominem
    Lol gateway pundit is a joke.

"Put Fauci in jail"

GTFO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poll: 82 percent of voters support a national face mask mandate

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...l-mask-mandate

===========

DELTA PASSENGERS REMOVED FROM FLIGHT FOR REFUSING TO WEAR MASKS

A Delta Air Lines flight returned to the gate at its airport of origin last week in order to remove two passengers who refused to wear masks.

=========

Delta should have cancelled their tickets and kept their money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

called that
    Who are these five mystery people working for Fauci. What company does Fauci have an ownership stake in? What is the patent we can look up that Fauci owns in part? Vague accusations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are these five mystery people working for Fauci. What company does Fauci have an ownership stake in? What is the patent we can look up that Fauci owns in part? Vague accusations
    AD HOMINEM! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a moral argument against a herd immunity strategy

“What is herd immunity and could it happen in the US?” [Guardian]. Interview with Dr Angela Rasmussen, virologist and associate research scientist, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health; Dr Amber D’Souza, professor of epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health; Dr Marc Lipsitch, professor of epidemiology and director, Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health.

Is there any possibility that we could achieve natural herd immunity to Covid-19?

D’Souza: The data suggest that nationwide, maybe 10% of Americans have been exposed. We’re not even close to achieving herd immunity through natural infection at this point.

Rasmussen: The idea that, “Well, we’re just stuck with it, so let’s all just get it over with and we’ll all have herd immunity”, is just not done. It would cause the deaths of millions of people and potentially the permanent disability of millions more. We can’t afford to pay that type of epidemiological price for herd immunity. We need to wait for a vaccine.

Lipsitch: The problem is that we’ll suffer in the process. So, it’s not that we can’t do it, it’s that we don’t want to do it, given the damage that we now know that it can cause.

I don’t think it’s scientifically wrong, I think it’s morally wrong.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tbreak-vaccine
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020...-8-4-2020.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our hospitals would be 99% full for the next 3-4 years before we reach infection rate of > 60%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our hospitals would be 99% full for the next 3-4 years before we reach infection rate of > 60%
    Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people really dont understand how herd immunity works ... herd immunity doesnt mean you just go about like nothing and wait for all of the at-risk people to eventually die off.

herd immunity is typically the concept that works when you have a largely vaccinated population which protects the select few who are immunocompromised. it's one thing if we get a covid vaccine rolled out that lets us reach herd immunity quickly (relative) and safely. it's another thing to just roll back all precautions and let everybody get sick and have millions hospitalized, several hundreds of thousands dead on the way there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or just say you dont care about millions hospitalized and hundreds of thousands of people dying. just call it a culling of the herd, and nevermind the collapse of the medical system and the costs/expenses associated with it, towards each of the hospitals, government, and individuals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or just say you dont care about millions hospitalized and hundreds of thousands of people dying. just call it a culling of the herd, and nevermind the collapse of the medical system and the costs/expenses associated with it, towards each of the hospitals, government, and individuals
    Don't forgot to give companies immunity against this nothingburger, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forgot to give companies immunity against this nothingburger, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we just don't care. Lol.

How does this herd immunity equation change if half the population is already immune?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How does this herd immunity equation change if half the population is already immune?
    Saw a reply to this today. I'm not a Biology Prof, I can't tell whether Carl T. Bergstrom is right or not, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does it change?

Even if we low ball the herd immunity threshold to a meager 60%, and we already have 50%, it took 6 months to increase that by additional 1.6%. So we would still be looking at at least a couple of years, and that's assuming that there's a 50% of people immune, and the threshold is in the lower bound.

Herd immunity is not a solution, it's something that will happen naturally, especially if we get an effective vaccine or the virus implodes on it's own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well yeah they're not in your zip code

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Saying “it is what it is” in response to questions about 150,000 dead people is something I’d expect to hear from someone who doesn’t care.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a reply to this today. I'm not a Biology Prof, I can't tell whether Carl T. Bergstrom is right or not, tbh.

What he's initially talking about is kind of like survivorship bias. He's saying with 2 people infected from 1 person it was actually double that, but the other two people were immune so they had no idea they were sick. This is the part where I'm guessing but you could probably look it up. Because there's a higher r0 we may need a higher population infected for herd immunity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to wager "Benny" is being disingenuous somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to wager "Benny" is being disingenuous somehow.
    Someone help Blake here.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone help Blake here.
    OK.

Blake is right.

Thread Information