Page 823 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3237237738138198208218228238248258268278338739231323 ... LastLast
Results 20,551 to 20,575 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Communism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The world vs Wuhan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in the West

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in the West

Lol "draconian" "nightmare"

It's a mask.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "draconian" "nightmare"

It's a mask.
    It might help to know what the word means.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's death cult crippling local public health agencies,
    dooming COVID-19 fight

The complete dysfunction at the national level in responding to the coronavirus crisis has, predictably, trickled down to the state and local level.

A joint investigation by the Associated Press and Kaiser Health News looked at how the $150 billion state and local government Coronavirus Relief Fund included in March's CARE Act has been implemented, and it's damning.

One example:

In Minneapolis, Minnesota Health Commissioner Gretchen Musicant just this month received $1.7 million—the first money her department has seen from the funds.

That's $4 per resident of the city. “It’s more a hope and a prayer that we’ll have enough money,”

Meanwhile, the Minnesota Zoo got $6 million and

a debt collection company in Minnesota got at least $5 million in a Paycheck Protection Program loan.

The Trump administration and the Republican-controlled Senate were far

more interested in protecting jobs and the economy than protecting American lives,

and opted to short-change public health.

“We are never going to get ahead of the pandemic response if we are still handicapped.”

"the states, territories and 154 large cities and counties that received allotments from the $150 billion Coronavirus Relief Fund reported spending only 25% of it."

Part of the problem is the fact that the Trump administration didn't offer final guidance on how states could actually spend the money

until late in June.

So since the end of June, more of the money has likely been allocated and spent.

The Republican-controlled Senate
    (always ing up) threw the legislature into turmoil,

refusing to work with the Democratic-controlled House and

not allowing Gov. Tim Walz's plan to divvy up the funds based on need and sending them to the places that had the highest levels of infection.

As of mid-July in Missouri, "at least 50 local health departments had yet to receive any of the federal money they requested."

there is such a circuitous path for

the funding—which was absolutely intended by Congress to go to testing and contact tracing and fighting the virus

is another big part of the problem.

There are too many decision-makers along the way to public health officers at the local level, and politics get in the way.

made much worse by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's and Trump's absolute refusal to provide general funding to state and local governments.

Some could be hoarding it now because they think McConnell and Trump won't allow any more funding.

People are dying.

The people who are supposed to help keep people from dying are blocked by other public officials who are part of Trump's death cult.

There's not enough funding for anything beyond public health.

That includes schools, which are now reopening without adequate funding to combat coronavirus because, again, death cult.

Republicans’ long-term project to make sure government can't function is working.

And it's going to cause the needless death of thousands more Americans.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1968654

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ifr dropping by the minute

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ more gossip

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ more gossip
    nope cdc released data

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope cdc released data
    more gossip

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cdc covid data tracker

Your fake data in context

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herd immunity is impossible

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUT OTHER COUNTRIES ARE UNDERREPORTING AND DON'T TEST LIKE WE DO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oops

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evidence grows that children may play a larger role in transmission than previously believed

Latest study is small but shows that

kids’ rates of infection and viral loads may make them silent spreaders.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...wpisrc=nl_most

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evidence grows that children may play a larger role in transmission than previously believed

Latest study is small but shows that

kids’ rates of infection and viral loads may make them silent spreaders.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...wpisrc=nl_most
    All three studies were small and contradicted one another in some details, so researchers said they could not draw any definitive conclusions based on any one of them alone. But taken together, they paint a worrisome new picture of children’s role in the pandemic.

Lololololollol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The relationship between climatic factors and COVID‐19 cases in New South Wales, Australia was investigated during both the exponential and declining phases of the epidemic in 2020, and in different regions. Increased relative humidity was associated with decreased cases in both epidemic phases, and a consistent negative relationship was found between relative humidity and cases. Overall, a decrease in relative humidity of 1% was associated with an increase in cases of 7–8%. Overall, we found no relationship with between cases and temperature, rainfall or wind speed. Information generated in this study confirms humidity as a driver of SARS‐CoV‐2 transmission.
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/tbed.13766

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “This virus has already spread all over Indonesia. What we are doing is basically herd immunity,” said Prijo Sidipratomo, dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the National Veterans Development University in Jakarta. “So, we should just dig many, many graves.”
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN25G02J

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration bars FDA from regulating some laboratory tests,

including for coronavirus

Some public health experts worry defective tests could end up on the market

Trump administration this week blocked the Food and Drug Administration from regulating a broad swath of laboratory tests, including for the coronavirus, in a move strongly opposed by the agency.

The new policy stunned many health experts and laboratories because of its timing, several months into a pandemic.

Some public health experts warned

the shift could result in unreliable coronavirus tests on the market,

potentially worsening the testing crisis that has dogged the United States if more people get erroneous results.

They argued the change is unlikely to solve current testing problems, which at this point are largely due to shortages of supplies such as swabs and chemical reagents.

The change in policy came as a surprise to many at the FDA and was a point of intense disagreement between HHS Secretary Alex Azar and FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn.

Hahn vociferously opposed the change, arguing the agency has the authority to regulate laboratory-developed tests during a public health emergency like the current pandemic,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...s-coronavirus/

unregulated, untested, unapproved tests, perfect MISgovernance, PERFECT for scammers

And what about Trash saying LESS testing is good because it means less infections found?

Trash allowed 100+ different tests back in March, CDC found only 10 were accurate enough.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration bars FDA from regulating some laboratory tests,

including for coronavirus

Some public health experts worry defective tests could end up on the market

Trump administration this week blocked the Food and Drug Administration from regulating a broad swath of laboratory tests, including for the coronavirus, in a move strongly opposed by the agency.

The new policy stunned many health experts and laboratories because of its timing, several months into a pandemic.

Some public health experts warned

the shift could result in unreliable coronavirus tests on the market,

potentially worsening the testing crisis that has dogged the United States if more people get erroneous results.

They argued the change is unlikely to solve current testing problems, which at this point are largely due to shortages of supplies such as swabs and chemical reagents.

The change in policy came as a surprise to many at the FDA and was a point of intense disagreement between HHS Secretary Alex Azar and FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn.

Hahn vociferously opposed the change, arguing the agency has the authority to regulate laboratory-developed tests during a public health emergency like the current pandemic,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...s-coronavirus/

unregulated, untested, unapproved tests, perfect MISgovernance, PERFECT for scammers

And what about Trash saying LESS testing is good because it means less infections found?

Trash allowed 100+ different tests back in March, CDC found only 10 were accurate enough.

cdc contaminated the tests originally. And stated millions would die. And here we are.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You literally have a higher chance of death by the asteroid than covid.

Hide

NASA says there are three potential impacts, but "based on 21 observations spanning 12.968 days," the agency has determined the asteroid probably -- phew! -- won't have a deep impact, let alone bring Armageddon.

The chance of it hitting us is just 0.41%, data show

Thread Information