Page 860 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3607608108508568578588598608618628638648709109601360 ... LastLast
Results 21,476 to 21,500 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imperial College seroprevalence study suggests more people getting sick is not going to be the solution.

Levels of protective antibodies in people wane “quite rapidly” after coronavirus infection, say researchers…

“Immunity is waning quite rapidly, we’re only three months after our first [round of tests] and we’re already showing a 26% decline in antibodies,” said Prof Helen Ward, one of the researchers.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54696873

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/...sion-findings/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grano salis

we excluded large countries that could have greater regional variability in NPI policies: Brazil, Canada, China, India, Russia, and the USA.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow who would have ever figured jamming a bunch of people tightly into rooms indoors 8 hours a day during the pandemic would lead to record setting numbers of infections?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow who would have ever figured jamming a bunch of people tightly into rooms indoors 8 hours a day during the pandemic would lead to record setting numbers of infections?
    OTOH, Germany is locking down bars, gyms and restaurants but is leaving schools open. It would be cool if our government learned something from countries that are handling COVID-19 better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin is a maskhole one week after declaring COVID-19 "under control"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-...d-cases- e/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two more years of COVIDening?

The [EU], with a population of 450 million, has booked more than 1 billion doses of potential COVID-19 vaccines from three drugmakers. It is negotiating the advance purchase of another billion vials with other companies.

“There will not be sufficient doses of COVID-19 vaccines for the entire population before the end of 2021,” a European Commission official told diplomats from EU states in a closed-door meeting on Monday, a person who attended it told Reuters.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSKBN27C2DQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This "long COVID' study is a pre-print, other studies have observed the correlation between COVID-19 and organ damage.
    Abstract

Background: Severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection has disproportionately affected older individuals and those with underlying medical conditions. Research has focused on short-term outcomes in hospital, and single organ involvement. Consequently, impact of long COVID (persistent symptoms three months post-infection) across multiple organs in low-risk individuals is yet to be assessed.

Methods: An ongoing prospective, longitudinal, two-centre, observational study was performed in individuals symptomatic after recovery from acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. Symptoms and organ function (heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, pancreas, spleen) were assessed by standardised questionnaires (EQ-5D-5L, Dyspnoea-12), blood investigations and quan ative magnetic resonance imaging, defining single and multi-organ impairment by consensus definitions.

Findings: Between April and September 2020, 201 individuals (mean age 44 (SD 11.0) years, 70% female, 87% white, 31% healthcare workers) completed assessments following SARS-CoV-2 infection (median 140, IQR 105-160 days after initial symptoms). The prevalence of pre-existing conditions (obesity: 20%, hypertension: 6%; diabetes: 2%; heart disease: 4%) was low, and only 18% of individuals had been hospitalised with COVID-19. Fatigue (98%), muscle aches (88%), breathlessness (87%), and headaches (83%) were the most frequently reported symptoms. Ongoing cardiorespiratory (92%) and gastrointestinal (73%) symptoms were common, and 42% of individuals had ten or more symptoms.

There was evidence of mild organ impairment in heart (32%), lungs (33%), kidneys (12%), liver (10%), pancreas (17%), and spleen (6%). Single (66%) and multi-organ (25%) impairment was observed, and was significantly associated with risk of prior COVID-19 hospitalisation (p<0.05).

Interpretation: In a young, low-risk population with ongoing symptoms, almost 70% of individuals have impairment in one or more organs four months after initial symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection. There are implications not only for burden of long COVID but also public health approaches which have assumed low risk in young people with no comorbidities.
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...0212555v1.full

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schools are just fully opening here in US as we hitting daily records. Something just doesnt add up.

I suspect we will be Germany/France in about 5 weeks and will have to shut down again.

I know ppl say we are not shutting down again. But if our ERs are 99% capacity we dont have a choice.

Calling it now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schools are just fully opening here in US as we hitting daily records. Something just doesnt add up.

I suspect we will be Germany/France in about 5 weeks and will have to shut down again.

I know ppl say we are not shutting down again. But if our ERs are 99% capacity we dont have a choice.

Calling it now
    5 weeks is too generous. We're at the doorstep of uncontrolled, nationwide exponential spread. And it's only the 4th week of October.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The American Prospect is decidedly liberal, but this article is information-rich re:reopening schools

In late July, when a study came out that suggested children with COVID-19 have a higher viral load than adults, Oster quickly wrote a piece saying it would be a “very big leap” to apply these findings to school reopening discussions. Instead, she urged focus on a large South Korea contact tracing study, which suggested younger children transmitted the virus in their households at a lower rate than other groups. A month later, the leaders for that South Korea study said it wasn’t really clear who infected whom in the households, and called for further research. Even today, how effectively children transmit the virus to others remains one of the fuzziest, and most pressing, questions.

Parents and writers (many of whom are parents) have embraced Oster’s thinking, along with some oft-quoted public-health experts like Ashish Jha, also of Brown, and Jennifer Nuzzo of Johns Hopkins, who say we can move forward more quickly with reopenings, especially at the elementary school level. But a growing number of epidemiologists—generally ignored by the media—have been urging caution, stressing that our understanding of child transmission remains far more limited than some of the louder voices in the conversation have suggested.
    https://prospect.org/coronavirus/why...-the-pandemic/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are large gaps in US information about COVID-19 in schools

Here are some additional facts about the COVID-19 School Response Dashboard dataset, as it existed on October 25. There were 1,322 schools voluntarily reporting data, or about 1 percent of all K-12 schools in the country. It did not say how many school districts were reporting, though Oster told me last week they currently have “about 150.” There are 13,500 school districts across the United States.

A more detailed look brought its glaring gaps into sharper relief. There was not a single urban traditional public school reporting data across 27 states in her dataset, including from Florida, Texas, New York, Minnesota, Arkansas, and Mississippi. Some states, like Colorado, Kansas, Ohio, and Alabama, had just one urban traditional public school reporting data.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Calling it now
    Lololoooooooop 2 more weeks!!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 weeks is too generous. We're at the doorstep of uncontrolled, nationwide exponential spread. And it's only the 4th week of October.
    Exponential spread. Bwahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahah ahahaha

What a awful math take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't read but go talk COVID in the Omaha thread again. Bwahaha old man doesn't even know where he is.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't read but go talk COVID in the Omaha thread again. Bwahaha old man doesn't even know where he is.
    He's recovering from last night's frostbite and exposure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's recovering from last night's frostbite and exposure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Space Force's No. 2 officer tests positive for Covid-19
    Gen. David Thompson, the vice chief of space operations, took a test after a close family member also tested positive, according to a news release.

The Space Force's No. 2 officer has tested positive for coronavirus, the service announced Wednesday night.

Gen. David Thompson, the vice chief of space operations, took a test after a close family member also tested positive, according to a news release. He is self-quarantining and working from home.

Despite one of the service’s top officers being sidelined with the virus, the Space Force “remains operationally ready to answer the nation’s call,” the release said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...navirus-433538

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the service’Despites top officers being sidelined with the virus, the Space Force “remains operationally ready to answer the nation’s call,” the release said.

Damn this is reassuring.
    I was hoping we could use a laser satellite to taser the virus into submission now that lysol is not a viable solution.

Maybe we could get Godzirra from Japan for added insurance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abg age of death.. . 82

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abg

The one time I read a post and he s up "avg"

Bwahaha fldren

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abg

Bwahaha fldren
    Bwahhaahahhahhahahagahahahah

TimDunkem said it was dangerous for all. He said it was 10.times more dangerous than the flu.

Beahahhahahahshshshhshs

Lower ifr. So now he's grammar popo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abg

Bwahaha fldren
    but, but science!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because fldren is on your ignore list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but, but science!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abg

Bwahaha fldren

V right next the B. Got him.

Thread Information