Page 877 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3777778278678738748758768778788798808818879279771377 ... LastLast
Results 21,901 to 21,925 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    n=7, pre-print (not peer reviewed)

olfactory mucosa sampling in COVID-19 patients presenting with persistent loss of smell reveals the presence of virus transcripts and of SARS-CoV-2-infected cells, together with protracted inflammation. Viral persistence in the olfactory epithelium therefore provides a potential mechanism for prolonged or relapsing symptoms of COVID-19, such as loss of smell
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...v1.full#ref-12

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RI hospitals full

more states to follow shortly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott Atlas bugs out

Fox News exclusively obtained Atlas’s resignation letter Monday, which was dated Dec. 1. In it, Atlas touted the Trump administration's work on the coronavirus pandemic, while wishing "all the best" to the incoming Biden administration.

“I am writing to resign from my position as Special Advisor to the President of the United States,” Atlas said, thanking him for “the honor and privilege to serve on behalf of the American people.”

“I worked hard with a singular focus—to save lives and help Americans through this pandemic,” Atlas wrote, adding that he “always relied on the latest science and evidence, without any political consideration or influence.”

“As time went on, like all scientists and health policy scholars, I learned new information and synthesized the latest data from around the world, all in an effort to provide you with the best information to serve the greater public good,” Atlas wrote. “But, perhaps more than anything, my advice was always focused on minimizing all the harms from both the pandemic and the structural policies themselves, especially to the working class and the poor.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dr-...mp-coronavirus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good on NJ, other states should do the same tout suite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rats leaving sinking ship... update at 11

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False. Shelter in place orders slow the spread of infection. Bending the curve, we used to call it. Also, sparing people unnecessary suffering, morbidity and death is an intrinisic good.

Why should 100,000-200,000 more Americans have to die when vaccines are right around the corner?
    No it doesn't. See new York. It doesnt bend anything. There are no healthy people unnecessarily dying. Avg age of death is past life expectancy and avg 3 comorbidities. The end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it doesn't. See new York. It doesnt bend anything. There are no healthy people unnecessarily dying. Avg age of death is past life expectancy and avg 3 comorbidities. The end.
    Foldren wrongly folds as that is what he does best.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foldren folding again with nothing to back his claims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because tholdren is on your ignore list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid-19: Lung damage 'identified' in study

tried out his scanning technique on 10 patients aged between 19 and 69.

Eight of them had persistent shortness of breath and tiredness three months after being ill with coronavirus,

even though none of them had been admitted to intensive care or required ventilation, and

conventional scans had found no problems in their lungs.

The scans showed signs of lung damage - by highlighting areas where air is not flowing easily into the blood - in the eight who reported breathlessness.

"I was expecting some form of lung damage, but not to the degree that we have seen."

if the trial discovers that the lung damage occurs across a wider age group and even in those not requiring admission to hospital "it would move the goalposts,"

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55017301

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The persistence of SARS-CoV-2 in the olfactory epithelium and the olfactory bulb post-infection is correlated with loss of smell and taste; we also know that infection can lead to cellular dysmorphia in the heart.

COVID-19 will have a long tail. In the USA that long tail will be markedly worse than other countries because our caseload is so much higher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pandemic-downplaying GOP governor’s grandmother dies in coronavirus-plagued nursing home

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, who has constantly downplayed the novel coronavirus pandemic while refusing to even implement face mask mandates,

lost her 98-year-old grandmother who was staying in a nursing home plagued by the deadly disease last month.

Noem has continued to focus on encouraging people to go shopping instead of following public health guidelines even after her grandmother’s death.

she did not mention the dozen of her fellow nursing home residents who died.

“For Noem to have mentioned the dozen other dead would have raised the specter of the virus that killed them

even as she was continuing to claim that she had brought it under control by invoking personal responsibility

rather than mandating a vital precaution — a face mask — that is as simple and unimposing as wearing a seatbelt,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/downplaying-gop-governors-grandmother-dies-in-plagued-nursing-home

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans are choosing death over deprivation

millions of Americans joined together in total defiance of all public health advice for another round of

infecting and killing their loved ones,

while ensuring that the nation's medical professionals will face several more months of risky, grueling, emotionally draining labor

trying to keep a country full of heedless jerks and credulous conspiracy-mongers alive.

Many doctors, nurses, and hospital staff are increasingly hopeless and disillusioned.

many of them are wondering how much longer they can keep it up.

40 percent of respondents
    told researchers they were planning on attending a large, in-person gathering.

All of this while a record 90,000 people
    were already hospitalized with COVID-19, and

public health professionals begged people to stay home so as not to exacerbate the problem.

many Americans are now consciously choosing to spread death and suffering

over finding the strength to endure for a few more months.

And they aren't just harming themselves:

They are putting unimaginable strain on the country's health-care system,

as burned out doctors, nurses, and staff ask themselves why they are martyring themselves on behalf of such a venal society.

"Many of my colleagues (the including me)," said one pediatrician friend, "have had their faith in humanity irreparably damaged by our countrymen's response to this challenge."

"I feel upset with these folks because

this is inevitably going to cause more death and harm and

not just to them but others who did stay home and followed guidelines."

He added that much of the blame rests with national and state political leaders
    the staff at her facility "is wonderful but furious when

it is the patients' reckless behavior that puts them in the ICU for COVID."

Fury gives way to exhaustion and resignation.

"They still provide superhuman care," she says, "but it's only human to be frustrated."

https://theweek.com/articles/952443/americans-are-choosing-death-over-deprivation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New CDC study suggests COVID-19 may have been in the US in December 2019

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...19/ar-BB1bwNt7

Trash was told by Americans working at WHO/Geneva and from US NatSec at least in December. He did nothing

The Trump-Made Pandemic, stained / tattooed to his turd of a reputation forever, along with impeachment.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Trash was told by Americans working at WHO/Geneva and from US NatSec at least in December. He did nothing

The Trump-Made Pandemic, stained / tattooed to his turd of a reputation forever, along with impeachment.

That’s right....and he did nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it on vaccine:

US vaccine head:
    "The longer, more important kind of adverse events such as some autoimmune disease or others have not been reported in a different way between the placebo group and the vaccine group in these two trials, which is very reassuring," he told The Washington Post. "I always make sure we say that [while] we know the short term and I'm going to call it midterm effects of the vaccine is now well understood, the very long-term safety is not yet understood by definition."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "very long-term safety is not yet understood by definition."

... why vaccines take years to test and receive approval. Long-term effects must be indentified.

also one of the reason so FEW vaccine candidates ever receive approval.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And people lived their lives normally without distance or masks... strange

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foldren folding at his best.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid ifr the flu ifr

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foldren folding at his best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid ifr the flu ifr
    Give it up folding foldren, winehole will not return the affection you seek. Go seek comfort with derp, he is desperate for attention now, get him on the rebound, it will be easy for you, he is brokeback.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid ifr the flu ifr

Thread Information