Page 905 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 40580585589590190290390490590690790890991595510051405 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,625 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC prediction

"About 38,000 Americans died from COVID-19 in the past two weeks, but the CDC is projecting that a staggering 92,000 more will die in the next three weeks."

-- Boston Globe email

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about that. Cuomo already said he cannot wait for vaccines as NY is facing financial armageddon. He said he will open up instead. Also schools already thinking of opening more as teachers are getting vaccine

But there is a bigger chance of lockdown w Biden coming in too. Who knows
    Don't disagree with any of that but that's why I'm getting on the sidelines until I know which way the wind is blowing. Just sold the last of my XLE buys from the end of Sept. 100% cash position now. Hoping we get some crazy volatility I can take advantage of but we'll see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We knew it was going to happen. Bars and restaurants were more important though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We knew it was going to happen. Bars and restaurants were more important though.
    Profit over people. Capital over Labor. It's the RIGGED, CORRUPT, inhumane America Way.

And Americans keep letting themselves, passively, get ED for life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuomo says we must reopen

Smart guy knows Dems are about to lose their cuz Trump excuse

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC prediction

"About 38,000 Americans died from COVID-19 in the past two weeks, but the CDC is projecting that a staggering 92,000 more will die in the next three weeks."

-- Boston Globe email
    I guess we have to decrease the surplus population. Thanos was right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

O rly?

Is Trump about to be taken away?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O rly?

Is Trump about to be taken away?
    No he's just going golfing

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No they won't. Trump could have actually done something early like South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they won't. Trump could have actually done something early like South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, etc.
    No they won't what?

Yeah Trump ed up listening to our experts early on. Biden promises to listen to those same experts

Don't touch your face

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they won't what?

Yeah Trump ed up listening to our experts early on. Biden promises to listen to those same experts

Don't touch your face
    Trump's experts told him to ignore and not ramp up testing like the nations that have had success fighting this off? Are you trolling with your Aggie board material again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's experts told him to ignore and not ramp up testing like the nations that have had success fighting this off?
    Yeah, the experts that had to cover their faces when Dear Loser was speaking about the virus in pressers. He totally listened to them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the experts that had to cover their faces when Dear Loser was speaking about the virus in pressers. He totally listened to them
    Taiwan began screening travel as soon as they heard reports of a SARS like virus stating they didn't trust China and WHO.

With only 2 confirmed cases South Korea had an emergency meeting and instructed private labs to begin mass producing tests. A week later they began testing the general public.

Meanwhile our experts were saying

hole country

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taiwan began screening travel as soon as they heard reports of a SARS like virus stating they didn't trust China and WHO.

With only 2 confirmed cases South Korea had an emergency meeting and instructed private labs to begin mass producing tests. A week later they began testing the general public.

Meanwhile our experts were saying

hole country
    This doesn't contradict what I said. And we discussed at length how countries that dealt with the bulk of SARS before were much better prepared this time around, and what a great job they did, thus why we should've followed their lead.

I still remember some people here sneering at images of South Korea having long lines for mandatory testing early on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the biggest problem was policy, IMO. Early on we didn't entirely know what this virus was about, so generic recommendations were in place.

Once we started to see the death numbers worldwide, we were caught with our pants down. No preparedness, lack of basic materials like PPE, fudged testing, no coordinated response, states and federal government stealing from each other, etc.

Basically, banana-republic style response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the biggest problem was policy, IMO. Early on we didn't entirely know what this virus was about, so generic recommendations were in place.

Once we started to see the death numbers worldwide, we were caught with our pants down. No preparedness, lack of basic materials like PPE, fudged testing, no coordinated response, states and federal government stealing from each other, etc.

banana republics got that way by kowtowing to the United Fruit Company and the USA, how did we get that way?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What month was this? Your 2nd paragraph

Because by then it was too late.

I was calling for regional shutdowns like chine in late Feb. There were not many deaths then....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's experts told him to ignore and not ramp up testing like the nations that have had success fighting this off? Are you trolling with your Aggie board material again?
    Trump's experts told him they would develop and distribute their own test. Then they fell flat on their faces repeatedly. He shouldn't have listened to them. Now they are Biden's experts, same people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's experts told him they would develop and distribute their own test. Then they fell flat on their faces repeatedly. He shouldn't have listened to them. Now they are Biden's experts, same people.
    They also went along with him telling him it was possible to have a vaccine in 6 to 9 months. Also said masks were bad, etc

Experts royally ed up. Truth bombs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the biggest problem was policy"

The failure started soon after Trash's and his assholes took office in early 2017.

There a do ent about pandemic preparation, 60? pages, that was ignored by Trash's team, that had been developed by both parties after the swine flu pandemic of 2009/2010. Bi-partisan agreeement going back to dubya that a pandemic would happen, no if, but when. Trash and his assholes ignored that, as did the Repugs ignored Clinton's team about OBL.

There had been annual desktop pandemic response simlulations for years, Trash killed them and the team that ran them, just a couple months before the pandemic hit USA.

USA had a "point person" in China to watch out for pandemics. Trash recalled the person, and didn't replace.

Salon and Rolling Stone have LONG articles covering all the pandemic response killing that went on before 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also went along with him telling him it was possible to have a vaccine in 6 to 9 months. Also said masks were bad, etc

Experts royally ed up. Truth bombs
    They didn't want masks hoarded when hospitals needed them, how many ing times do you have to run with this bull mantra?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They didn't want masks hoarded when hospitals needed them, how many ing times do you have to run with this bull mantra?
    He knows. He’s a life trumpet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't they just say make a cloth mask instead of saying they don't work? Seems like a mistake in hindsight don't you think?

Thread Information