Page 917 of 996 FirstFirst ... 417817867907913914915916917918919920921927967 ... LastLast
Results 22,901 to 22,925 of 24880
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They closed all entry points to their country and shut down the entire country for the 1st 4 months to start with. A real shutdown. As in NOONE can leave their house

As soon as theres a small outbreak they also completely shutdown on a whim. Until it is controlled and traced.

"what did they do that was so special"

LOL pure mass media propaganda

You bought in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "a variant first identified in South Africa, has now been detected in two people in South Carolina with no travel history,

suggesting that this strain has been spreading
    undetected in the community."

-- WaPo email

Better get back in mom's basement, bro. Its Ebola 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL pure mass media propaganda

You bought in.
    I have friends in NZ, Jan. Its true.

"NZ is propaganda"

Wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucking designated priority group orders from the Georgia Department of Public Health, officials in Elbert County allowed teachers to be vaccinated at the same time as senior citizens over the age of 65. The county, which is in the northeast corner of Georgia, opened schools for in-person learning in the fall. Elbert County officials explained to the Atlanta Journal Cons ution that many local students lack internet required for remote learning, and some rely on schools for food. The teachers are “seeing it, they’re facing it every day, a lot of times with 20 kids in their classroom,” Elbert County School District superintendent Jon Jarvis told the Atlanta Journal Cons ution earlier this week.

“I think it’s really important that we stop punishing groups or individuals for vaccinating those outside state or [national] COVID-19 vaccination guidelines.”
    But yesterday, Elbert County got word from the Georgia Department of Public Health that it would be punished for flouting the guidelines. The state plans to suspend all vaccine shipments to Elbert County for six months. According to Georgia DPH spokesperson Nancy Nydam, the state will not resume shipments to Elbert County until late July.
    https://www.motherjones.com/coronavi...o-punish-them/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing great

The strains that have emerged from South Africa, Brazil and the United Kingdom present a mammoth challenge, said University of Minnesota infectious disease expert Michael Osterholm, who also advised Biden on the pandemic during the transition. "This is, to me, one of the most humbling moments in my scientific career of 45 years. I am certain I know less about SARS-CoV-2 today than I did six months ago. The more I learn, the less I know," he said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Da

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *the private sector will save us*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have friends in NZ, Jan. Its true.

"NZ is propaganda"

Wow
    All part of the scam. Don't get too emotional over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All part of the scam. Don't get too emotional over it.
    tinfoil hatter

Youre adorable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Trash's sycophants MISmanaged the CDC

What went wrong with America’s $44 million vaccine data system?

The CDC ordered software that was meant to manage the vaccine rollout. Instead, it has been plagued by problems and abandoned by most states.

$44 million website called VAMS—the Vaccine Administration Management System, built by the consulting firm Deloitte.

it was supposed to be a one-stop shop where employers, state officials, clinics, and individuals could manage scheduling, inventory, and reporting for covid shots—and free for anyone to use.

the system has badly hurt their immunization efforts so far.

Faced with a string of problems and bugs, several states, including South Carolina, are choosing to hack together their own solutions, or pay for private systems instead.

In May, it gave the task to consulting company Deloitte,

a huge federal contractor, with a $16 million no-bid contract to manage “covid-19 vaccine distribution and administration tracking.”

In December, Deloitte snagged another
    $28 million for the project, again with no compe ion.

The contract specifies that the award could go as high as $32 million, leaving taxpayers with a bill between $44 and $48 million.

in Florida, where counties aredesperately scheduling clinic visits on the website Eventbrite, more commonly used for concerts and conferences.

Several states that have been using VAMS are backing away.

“VAMS is fussy. There’s days when VAMS works, and days when VAMS doesn’t work,”

“It won’t work on Internet Explorer; it only works in Chrome.

Deloitte has a long history of making malfunctioning things for state and federal governments:

most recently, it was in the news for charging states hundreds of millions of dollars for
    unemployment websites that did not work.

the more you unpeel the onion of why all government systems suck, the more you realize it’s the procurement process,”

America’s heavily privatized medical system was held together by duct tape and bubble gum long beforethe biggest public health crisis of our lifetimes.

“The health-care software industry is enormous, and it exists largely because it’s privatized, it’s not standardized,” says Stone.

“There are a lot of free-market inefficiencies.

And the country doesn’t have a public health infrastructure, so there isn’t any real drive to fix it.”

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/01/30/1017086/cdc-44-million-vaccine-data-vams-problems/

America is a failed country, many thanks to Capitalism enriching itself while not providing "the perfect solution"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reportedly, there was no COVID-19 related economic contraction in 2020 for Vietnam.

Its GDP growth narrowly beat reported figures from Taiwan and China.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/viet...-pandemic.html
    dont believe what the state tells you and what is on the ground..

they having a surge in cases now with returning international flights..

during the year those infected couldnt get treatment due to being poor, either they die at home or get sent to areas isolated from the general population to die...

i have yet heard or read anything from that state govt about ordering vaccines, they are probably waiting for a free handout from EU or some country, or they can go the brazil/filo way be a test monkey for the china vaccines...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC orders mask-wearing on all public transportation

travelers will be required to wear masks on all public transportation —

including planes, trains and subways, ferries, buses, taxis, and ride-hail vehicles like Uber —

starting Monday night.

People will also have to comply

at transportation hubs like airports, bus depots, and train stations, and

operators and transportation workers must wear masks while on the job.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/964128/cdc-orders-maskwearing-all-public-transportation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally anyone could have done better than Trump at containing the virus here in the US. BUT, I would wager a lot of money that if Jacinda Ardern had been POTUS all this time, the deaths here from COVID would still be in the hundreds of thousands. Comparing New Zealand to the US/Europe is a really an apples to oranges comparison -- it's laughable really -- the scope and scale of the challenge here is totally different. We share massive land borders with foreign countries, have mega size metropolitan areas, have no real internal border controls, have sizable Chinese immigrant communities who travel back and forth between China (which meant more early COVID exposure), and on and on and on. This all impacts the spread of COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doesn't anyone mention Australia? Their response has been phenomenal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doesn't anyone mention Australia? Their response has been phenomenal.
    Because they had a massive lockdown down there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lockdowns good now? jfc Pick a lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they had a massive lockdown down there?

They were very good about controlling their borders and strict quarantines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were very good about controlling their borders and strict quarantines.
    yes they were

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey ElNono...

Why do you only do this to my threads?
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=289122&page=3

Why would any sane person try to bury this info?
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10421321
    How much are you being paid as a government shill to spam the board?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-Vaxxers Now Trying To Stop *Other* People From Getting Vaccines
    On Saturday afternoon, a not-very-large group of anti-vaxxers in Los Angeles managed to shut down the vaccine distributions at Dodger Stadium

for a short period of time during what was advertised as a Scamdemic March/Protest.

The LAPD, for reasons they have not made entirely clear, closed the gate for a while and refused to let anyone in to get a vaccine.

https://www.wonkette.com/anti-vaxxer...tting-vaccines

People waiting for hours in their cars for vaccine have to put with this
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-31-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-Vaxxers Now Trying To Stop *Other* People From Getting Vaccines
    On Saturday afternoon, a not-very-large group of anti-vaxxers in Los Angeles managed to shut down the vaccine distributions at Dodger Stadium

for a short period of time during what was advertised as a Scamdemic March/Protest.

The LAPD, for reasons they have not made entirely clear, closed the gate for a while and refused to let anyone in to get a vaccine.

https://www.wonkette.com/anti-vaxxer...tting-vaccines

People waiting for hours in their cars for vaccine has to put with this
    Refrain from wearing Trump attire when protesting the Trump vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read about that in the LA Times last night... looks like it was ~50 people...

Just a shame LAPD didn't spray clorox all over them, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everything

2021 making 2020 look like Jessica Alba lying on your bed tbqh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Virus Changed.

Now We Must ‘Get to Zero’ or Face Catastrophe

Half measures haven’t worked. It’s time to beat the virus the way other places have done.

governments still do not understand the threat at hand.

To illustrate it, British mathematician Adam Kucharski recently compared a virus mutation that was 50 per cent more deadly with one that increased transmission by 50 per cent.

With a reproduction rate of about 1.1 and a death rate of 0.8 per cent, current strains of COVID-19 now deliver 129 deaths per 10,000 infections.

A virus that is 50 per cent more lethal will kill 193 people in a month. A variant that is more transmissible wins the game with 978 deaths in just one month.

Now don’t think of these variants as the same old COVID-19. That’s a big mistake.

They actually represent an entirely new pandemic.

In the last three months,

several super-variants have emerged that are 30 to 70 per cent more infectious than the original Wuhan strain.

The old COVID-19 doubled its numbers every 40 days under a particular set of restrictions;

under the same conditions, the variants double every 10 days. That means they can outrun any vaccination campaign.*

That means if you haven’t eliminated — or almost eliminated — cases in your region, you are going to learn the meaning of grief.

In Roberta Place, the U.K. variant, B117, appeared on Jan. 8. It flew in on a jet, because travel connects everything on this planet with a dangerous totality.

But back to B117, which slammed the U.K. with its highest infection rates and death tolls to date.

In just 10 days, a single case at Roberta Place became a massive outbreak affecting half the residents, and nearly half the workers.

Today, every resident of Roberta House and almost all workers are infected. All the physicians and essential visitors got infected too.

The variant moved so fast that the facility couldn’t even separate the infected from the non-infected. There are more than 40 dead.

An astonished virologist

Now listen to German virologist Christian Drosten.

He finds it astonishing that COVID-19 has boosted its infectiousness by 30 to 50 per cent over previous strains by doing what viruses do: evolve, mutate and adapt for more effective reproduction.

He notes that

a more infectious virus is more dangerous than a more lethal one,

“because every new case will infect more people,

and each of them will infect more people,

such that the number of cases will grow exponentially.”

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/01/...e-Catastrophe/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Virus Changed.

Now We Must ‘Get to Zero’ or Face Catastrophe

Half measures haven’t worked. It’s time to beat the virus the way other places have done.

governments still do not understand the threat at hand.

To illustrate it, British mathematician Adam Kucharski recently compared a virus mutation that was 50 per cent more deadly with one that increased transmission by 50 per cent.

With a reproduction rate of about 1.1 and a death rate of 0.8 per cent, current strains of COVID-19 now deliver 129 deaths per 10,000 infections.

A virus that is 50 per cent more lethal will kill 193 people in a month. A variant that is more transmissible wins the game with 978 deaths in just one month.

Now don’t think of these variants as the same old COVID-19. That’s a big mistake.

They actually represent an entirely new pandemic.

In the last three months,

several super-variants have emerged that are 30 to 70 per cent more infectious than the original Wuhan strain.

The old COVID-19 doubled its numbers every 40 days under a particular set of restrictions;

under the same conditions, the variants double every 10 days. That means they can outrun any vaccination campaign.*

That means if you haven’t eliminated — or almost eliminated — cases in your region, you are going to learn the meaning of grief.

In Roberta Place, the U.K. variant, B117, appeared on Jan. 8. It flew in on a jet, because travel connects everything on this planet with a dangerous totality.

But back to B117, which slammed the U.K. with its highest infection rates and death tolls to date.

In just 10 days, a single case at Roberta Place became a massive outbreak affecting half the residents, and nearly half the workers.

Today, every resident of Roberta House and almost all workers are infected. All the physicians and essential visitors got infected too.

The variant moved so fast that the facility couldn’t even separate the infected from the non-infected. There are more than 40 dead.

An astonished virologist

Now listen to German virologist Christian Drosten.

He finds it astonishing that COVID-19 has boosted its infectiousness by 30 to 50 per cent over previous strains by doing what viruses do: evolve, mutate and adapt for more effective reproduction.

He notes that

a more infectious virus is more dangerous than a more lethal one,

“because every new case will infect more people,

and each of them will infect more people,

such that the number of cases will grow exponentially.”

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/01/...e-Catastrophe/

Trash alarmist article tbh

We'll never get to zero, ever.

Thread Information