Page 917 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 41781786790791391491591691791891992092192796710171417 ... LastLast
Results 22,901 to 22,925 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reportedly, there was no COVID-19 related economic contraction in 2020 for Vietnam.

Its GDP growth narrowly beat reported figures from Taiwan and China.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/viet...-pandemic.html
    dont believe what the state tells you and what is on the ground..

they having a surge in cases now with returning international flights..

during the year those infected couldnt get treatment due to being poor, either they die at home or get sent to areas isolated from the general population to die...

i have yet heard or read anything from that state govt about ordering vaccines, they are probably waiting for a free handout from EU or some country, or they can go the brazil/filo way be a test monkey for the china vaccines...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC orders mask-wearing on all public transportation

travelers will be required to wear masks on all public transportation —

including planes, trains and subways, ferries, buses, taxis, and ride-hail vehicles like Uber —

starting Monday night.

People will also have to comply

at transportation hubs like airports, bus depots, and train stations, and

operators and transportation workers must wear masks while on the job.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/964128/cdc-orders-maskwearing-all-public-transportation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally anyone could have done better than Trump at containing the virus here in the US. BUT, I would wager a lot of money that if Jacinda Ardern had been POTUS all this time, the deaths here from COVID would still be in the hundreds of thousands. Comparing New Zealand to the US/Europe is a really an apples to oranges comparison -- it's laughable really -- the scope and scale of the challenge here is totally different. We share massive land borders with foreign countries, have mega size metropolitan areas, have no real internal border controls, have sizable Chinese immigrant communities who travel back and forth between China (which meant more early COVID exposure), and on and on and on. This all impacts the spread of COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doesn't anyone mention Australia? Their response has been phenomenal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doesn't anyone mention Australia? Their response has been phenomenal.
    Because they had a massive lockdown down there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lockdowns good now? jfc Pick a lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they had a massive lockdown down there?

They were very good about controlling their borders and strict quarantines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were very good about controlling their borders and strict quarantines.
    yes they were

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey ElNono...

Why do you only do this to my threads?
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=289122&page=3

Why would any sane person try to bury this info?
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10421321
    How much are you being paid as a government shill to spam the board?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-Vaxxers Now Trying To Stop *Other* People From Getting Vaccines
    On Saturday afternoon, a not-very-large group of anti-vaxxers in Los Angeles managed to shut down the vaccine distributions at Dodger Stadium

for a short period of time during what was advertised as a Scamdemic March/Protest.

The LAPD, for reasons they have not made entirely clear, closed the gate for a while and refused to let anyone in to get a vaccine.

https://www.wonkette.com/anti-vaxxer...tting-vaccines

People waiting for hours in their cars for vaccine have to put with this
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-31-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-Vaxxers Now Trying To Stop *Other* People From Getting Vaccines
    On Saturday afternoon, a not-very-large group of anti-vaxxers in Los Angeles managed to shut down the vaccine distributions at Dodger Stadium

for a short period of time during what was advertised as a Scamdemic March/Protest.

The LAPD, for reasons they have not made entirely clear, closed the gate for a while and refused to let anyone in to get a vaccine.

https://www.wonkette.com/anti-vaxxer...tting-vaccines

People waiting for hours in their cars for vaccine has to put with this
    Refrain from wearing Trump attire when protesting the Trump vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read about that in the LA Times last night... looks like it was ~50 people...

Just a shame LAPD didn't spray clorox all over them, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everything

2021 making 2020 look like Jessica Alba lying on your bed tbqh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Virus Changed.

Now We Must ‘Get to Zero’ or Face Catastrophe

Half measures haven’t worked. It’s time to beat the virus the way other places have done.

governments still do not understand the threat at hand.

To illustrate it, British mathematician Adam Kucharski recently compared a virus mutation that was 50 per cent more deadly with one that increased transmission by 50 per cent.

With a reproduction rate of about 1.1 and a death rate of 0.8 per cent, current strains of COVID-19 now deliver 129 deaths per 10,000 infections.

A virus that is 50 per cent more lethal will kill 193 people in a month. A variant that is more transmissible wins the game with 978 deaths in just one month.

Now don’t think of these variants as the same old COVID-19. That’s a big mistake.

They actually represent an entirely new pandemic.

In the last three months,

several super-variants have emerged that are 30 to 70 per cent more infectious than the original Wuhan strain.

The old COVID-19 doubled its numbers every 40 days under a particular set of restrictions;

under the same conditions, the variants double every 10 days. That means they can outrun any vaccination campaign.*

That means if you haven’t eliminated — or almost eliminated — cases in your region, you are going to learn the meaning of grief.

In Roberta Place, the U.K. variant, B117, appeared on Jan. 8. It flew in on a jet, because travel connects everything on this planet with a dangerous totality.

But back to B117, which slammed the U.K. with its highest infection rates and death tolls to date.

In just 10 days, a single case at Roberta Place became a massive outbreak affecting half the residents, and nearly half the workers.

Today, every resident of Roberta House and almost all workers are infected. All the physicians and essential visitors got infected too.

The variant moved so fast that the facility couldn’t even separate the infected from the non-infected. There are more than 40 dead.

An astonished virologist

Now listen to German virologist Christian Drosten.

He finds it astonishing that COVID-19 has boosted its infectiousness by 30 to 50 per cent over previous strains by doing what viruses do: evolve, mutate and adapt for more effective reproduction.

He notes that

a more infectious virus is more dangerous than a more lethal one,

“because every new case will infect more people,

and each of them will infect more people,

such that the number of cases will grow exponentially.”

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/01/...e-Catastrophe/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Virus Changed.

Now We Must ‘Get to Zero’ or Face Catastrophe

Half measures haven’t worked. It’s time to beat the virus the way other places have done.

governments still do not understand the threat at hand.

To illustrate it, British mathematician Adam Kucharski recently compared a virus mutation that was 50 per cent more deadly with one that increased transmission by 50 per cent.

With a reproduction rate of about 1.1 and a death rate of 0.8 per cent, current strains of COVID-19 now deliver 129 deaths per 10,000 infections.

A virus that is 50 per cent more lethal will kill 193 people in a month. A variant that is more transmissible wins the game with 978 deaths in just one month.

Now don’t think of these variants as the same old COVID-19. That’s a big mistake.

They actually represent an entirely new pandemic.

In the last three months,

several super-variants have emerged that are 30 to 70 per cent more infectious than the original Wuhan strain.

The old COVID-19 doubled its numbers every 40 days under a particular set of restrictions;

under the same conditions, the variants double every 10 days. That means they can outrun any vaccination campaign.*

That means if you haven’t eliminated — or almost eliminated — cases in your region, you are going to learn the meaning of grief.

In Roberta Place, the U.K. variant, B117, appeared on Jan. 8. It flew in on a jet, because travel connects everything on this planet with a dangerous totality.

But back to B117, which slammed the U.K. with its highest infection rates and death tolls to date.

In just 10 days, a single case at Roberta Place became a massive outbreak affecting half the residents, and nearly half the workers.

Today, every resident of Roberta House and almost all workers are infected. All the physicians and essential visitors got infected too.

The variant moved so fast that the facility couldn’t even separate the infected from the non-infected. There are more than 40 dead.

An astonished virologist

Now listen to German virologist Christian Drosten.

He finds it astonishing that COVID-19 has boosted its infectiousness by 30 to 50 per cent over previous strains by doing what viruses do: evolve, mutate and adapt for more effective reproduction.

He notes that

a more infectious virus is more dangerous than a more lethal one,

“because every new case will infect more people,

and each of them will infect more people,

such that the number of cases will grow exponentially.”

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/01/...e-Catastrophe/

Trash alarmist article tbh

We'll never get to zero, ever.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash alarmist article tbh

We'll never get to zero, ever.
    Agree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's 74M maskless assholes gonna get clobbered

COVID-19 variant brings new dimension to Europe’s pandemic

The National Ins ute for Public Health and the Environment in the Netherlands last week reported rising cases of the variant and

warned it will push higher the number of hospital admissions and deaths.

“There are essentially two separate COVID-19 epidemics:

one epidemic involving the ‘old’ variant, in which infections are decreasing, and

another epidemic involving the (new) variant, in which infections are increasing,”

https://apnews.com/article/travel-pandemics-europe-coronavirus-vaccine-portugal-ce002bdf1a21c540ece3adfedc193bc8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *makes the sign of the cross*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everything

2021 making 2020 look like Jessica Alba lying on your bed tbqh

Hes dead

COVID took another legend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fraudulent "businessman" so excellent at business management

Chaotic Trump White House ‘Lost’ Millions Of Vaccine Doses

Biden's team had a prioritized focus on combatting the raging coronavirus pandemic,

but instead of completely focusing on their 200-page pandemic response plan,

this week has been largely dedicated to "trying to wrap their hands around the mushrooming crisis

a process officials acknowledge has been humbling, and

triggered a concerted effort to temper expectations about how quickly they might get the nation back to normal."

While the Biden administration's work should be well underway,

they are still working to locate more than 20 million doses of coronavirus vaccines that have already been shipped to states.

According to Biden aides, they inherited a deeply flawed system for maintaining proper records and inventory of vaccine distribution.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/white-h...covid-vaccines

... when loyalty to Trash and his self-serving politics replaces competence and good faith job execution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superbowl e combined w 1.1.7 strain should be fun.

We will be back at breaking records by March 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    local actions to slow variant transmission start at page five, but there seems to be little political urgency.

essential workers are dying to serve all of us, even in the shadow of mass vaccination.

https://www.cell.com/action/showPdf?...2821%2900087-8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not looking good

Seems Danish scientists who are the few that are really studying the variant agree with Dr Osterholm that this is just the calm before the category 5 storm

Sciencemag.org

On its face, the curve of COVID-19 infections in Denmark looks reassuring enough. A nationwide lockdown has led numbers to plummet from more than 3000 daily cases in mid-December 2020 to just a few hundred now. But don’t be fooled. “Sure, the numbers look nice,” says Camilla Holten Møller of the Statens Serum Ins ute, who heads a group of experts modeling the epidemic. “But if we look at our models, this is the calm before the storm.”

That’s because the graph really reflects two epidemics: one, shrinking fast, that’s caused by older variants of SARS-CoV-2, and a smaller, slowly growing outbreak of B.1.1.7, the variant first recognized in England and now driving a big third wave of the pandemic there. If B.1.1.7 keeps spreading at the same pace in Denmark, it will become the dominant variant later this month and cause the overall number of cases to rise again, despite the lockdown, Holten Møller says. “It is a complete game changer.”

Thread Information