Page 927 of 1071 FirstFirst ... 4278278779179239249259269279289299309319379771027 ... LastLast
Results 23,151 to 23,175 of 26768
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to get 21 to bring me in from the cold. He won't speak to me again.
    Such is sometimes the fate of fair weather friends...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid-Linked Syndrome in Children Is Growing, and Cases Are More Severe

The condition, which usually emerges several weeks after infection, is still rare, but can be dangerous.

“A higher percentage of them are really critically ill,” one doctor said.

the virus found Braden.

It wreaked ruthless damage in the form of an inflammatory syndrome that, for unknown reasons,

strikes some young people, usually several weeks after infection by the coronavirus.

Doctors at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles put the teenager on a ventilator and a heart-lung bypass machine.

But they could not stop his major organs from failing.

On Jan. 5, “they officially said he was brain dead,”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/16/h...-syndrome.html
    JUST SEND THEM BACK TO SCHOOL, CHILDREN DON'T GET OR SPREAD COVID

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JUST SEND THEM BACK TO SCHOOL, CHILDREN DON'T GET OR SPREAD COVID
    MUST KEEP SCHOOLS CLOSED, FURTHER ING OVER POOR, MINORITY, AND ESSENTIAL WORKERS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mom's next door neighbor, cool guy, a middle school teacher in his 40's, already double vaccinated through NISD.

My mom, in her 70's, still trying to get an appointment for first shot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mom's next door neighbor, cool guy, a middle school teacher in his 40's, already double vaccinated through NISD.

There's a lot of pussies scared of getting the sniffles jumping in front of old people who really need the vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a lot of pussies scared of getting the sniffles jumping in front of old people who really need the vaccine
    I have no doubt

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Teachers should have been on Abbott's list.
    The NISD teacher(s) I know say there is no such thing as of Friday anyway.
    They are NOT vaccinated and teaching. But with reduced class size.

Its still ridiculous this State has not got all the older folks yet.
    Are you really helping your mom out on this? I got a neighbor 65 and she got in quick through her doctor? He did it through the UT system.
    My neighbor said the Health Science Center was doing a great job once you get on the list and get on the property. You know you might try going with her license which indicates her age and just show up. They may be able to put you on the list for another day, but show up at the gate saying your mom is to be vaccinated. I think they are signing people up in a different area on computers. But get in line and beg when you get there. My neighbor said there were a bunch of "young folks"

I would give the "show up" a go if your Mom can handle a line and the time. Show up really early well before 8 am. I would.

It's ok to be a man Dirks_Finale's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Many people are scared off by the 2nd dose side effects and therefore, are a no show for their appointments. So if you take your mom to a site in which it is only 2nd dose being administered and plead your case, preferably at the end of the day, there is a decent shot she gets the vaccine. I personally saw this happen. They thaw these doses out and they are only good for so long, so many have gotten a shot by improvising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teachers should have been on Abbott's list.
    The NISD teacher(s) I know say there is no such thing as of Friday anyway.
    They are NOT vaccinated and teaching. But with reduced class size.
    Don't know what to tell you. Her neighbor, a teacher, has had two shots.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know what to tell you. Her neighbor, a teacher, has had two shots.
    Don't know what to tell you. One anecdote doesn't apply to tens of thousands of teachers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problem w teachers being vacvinated before grandmas tbqh.

Many of these teachers are being forced to go back to work and its known schools are not 100% safe.

Anyone crying about a teacher being vaccinated is just dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wake me up when ur mom has to daily be stuck in a room with a bunch of snot nose dirty little virus spreaders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more the better, tbh. Everyone who's old enough should get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many people are scared off by the 2nd dose side effects and therefore, are a no show for their appointments. So if you take your mom to a site in which it is only 2nd dose being administered and plead your case, preferably at the end of the day, there is a decent shot she gets the vaccine. I personally saw this happen. They thaw these doses out and they are only good for so long, so many have gotten a shot by improvising.
    That would be the UT Health Science center in the medical center.
    This is a good point. They are doing the Pfizer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virus Variant in Brazil Infected Many Who Had Already Recovered From Covid-19

The first detailed studies of the so-called P.1 variant show how it devastated a Brazilian city.

Now scientists want to know what it will do elsewhere.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/01/h...l-variant.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Older, fatter, super spreaders

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/8/e2021830118

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the West, esp USA, struggles to vaccinate its own population, and due to Pootin's Punk Trash degrading America's "soft power",

China and Russia are expanding their soft power (influence) by rushing 100Ms of vaccine doses to countries abandoned by the West.

As always, Capitalism is the criminal bogeyman, having bribed govts into drug patent protections which patents the drug companies continue to rig and abuse to keep enriching investors.

Western drug companies restricting production to themselves by patent law limits the volume of vaccines to pocket all vaccine profits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Are the States Where the Most People Are Refusing the COVID-19 Vaccine

The share of eligible residents who will likely refuse vaccination varies considerably nationwide, from as many as 32.8% of the adult population to as little as 8.4%, depending on the state.

States where the largest shares of adults are open to taking the vaccine are concentrated in the Northeast.
    Confederate and red states!

Nationwide, 19,860,000 people, 8.0% of the eligible population, do not trust the COVID-19 vaccines, and

another 8,530,000, or 3.4%, do not trust vaccines in general.

Additionally, 17,660,000 American adults, 7.1% of those eligible, will likely refuse a vaccination because they do not trust the government.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2021/03/02/these-are-the-states-where-the-most-people-are-refusing-the-covid-19-vaccine-2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Are the States Where the Most People Are Refusing the COVID-19 Vaccine

The share of eligible residents who will likely refuse vaccination varies considerably nationwide, from as many as 32.8% of the adult population to as little as 8.4%, depending on the state.

States where the largest shares of adults are open to taking the vaccine are concentrated in the Northeast.
    Confederate and red states!

Nationwide, 19,860,000 people, 8.0% of the eligible population, do not trust the COVID-19 vaccines, and

another 8,530,000, or 3.4%, do not trust vaccines in general.

Additionally, 17,660,000 American adults, 7.1% of those eligible, will likely refuse a vaccination because they do not trust the government.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2021/03/02/these-are-the-states-where-the-most-people-are-refusing-the-covid-19-vaccine-2

There is only so much you can do. all the more reason to get the vaccinations ramped up for those who understand natural selection. The anti-VAX or‘s for whatever reason will get vaccinated naturally or get the disease full strength and die. I do feel sorry for the people that are unable to handle vaccinations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you and your mom are in line right now at the UT Health science Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you and your mom are in line right now at the UT Health science Center.
    DarrinS carries a small knife for fat people, and he keeps it out!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump administration quietly spent billions in hospital funds on Operation Warp Speed

The Trump administration quietly took around $10 billion from a fund meant to help hospitals and health care providers affected by Covid-19 and used the money to bankroll Operation Warp Speed contracts, four former Trump administration officials told STAT.

used a financial maneuver that allowed officials to spend the money without telling Congress, and

the agency got permission from its top lawyer to do so.

Now, the Biden administration is refusing to say whether the outlay means there will be less money available for hospitals, physicians, nursing homes, and other providers.

Congress set aside that money to help health care providers pay for pandemic-related expenses including staffing, personal protective equipment, care for uninsured patients, and vaccine distribution.

One of the top hospital lobbyists in D.C., who also did not know about the outlay, emphasized how much some hospitals still need the funding.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/02/...ion-warp-speed

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-02-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas mask mandate rescinded

Thread Information