Page 933 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 43383388392392993093193293393493593693794398310331433 ... LastLast
Results 23,301 to 23,325 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Follow guidance issued by individual employers. "get your ass to work!" -individual employer

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Follow guidance issued by individual employers. "get your ass to work!" -individual employer
    With a mask at distance.

oh noes, I, I, cant breaf...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Labor force participation for women has slipped to late 1980s levels. IMO women (or anyone else, for that matter) who had to abandon their jobs to care for children and loved ones at home should be paid for it.

(The child subsidies in the COVID bill will help to defray some of the lost income, but not the lost productivity.)

Nearly 3 million American women have left the labor force over the past year in a coronavirus-induced exodus that reflects persistent pay inequality, undervalued work and antiquated notions of caregiving.

Before the pandemic, women consisted more than 50% of the country's workforce, underlining their importance to the economy. But that number has dropped sharply as many women, particularly mothers of young children, have been furloughed or laid off. Many others have had to choose between showing up at front-line jobs or caring for their children who, with daycare centers closed and school underway remotely, would otherwise be left without supervision.

Indeed, women remain 2.8 percentage points below their November 2019 labor force participation rate, according to the Minneapolis Fed. The government's latest employment data, released Friday, shows that women's participation in the labor force declined in January, while men's stayed flat.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-c...n-labor-force/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More emphasis on ventilation and filtration would be opportune to protect patrons and staff alike, now that states have started to remove restrictions from businesses.

While it is still important to prevent person-to-person transmission via droplet spray, there is now a large body of scientific evidence that particles much smaller than droplets can also spread the virus. These tiny particles, called aerosols, are emitted by infected people during breathing, talking and singing, and waft away in plumes of exhaled breath. The particles are so small they stay aloft for minutes to hours and can be carried distances by air currents.

In enclosed indoor spaces, these particles can ac ulate, particularly if the ventilation is poor and the air is not filtered. There are now numerous studies of people infected with Covid-19 due to small particle inhalation, at distances far greater than the few feet that droplets travel.
    https://www.politico.com/news/agenda...ilation-474017

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tempted to spend $200 on this test

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tempted to spend $200 on this test
    but Bill Gates!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines is the short answer

Lot's to unpack for the long answer. "Herd immunity", "more transmissible", and what you believe the endgame is or should be. Lot's of words required to discuss those things. Start the conversation if you want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh

I remember when americal politicians and finance moguls were high fiving themselves because china was facing a crippling pandemic. At the same time, these idiots were saying theres nothing to worry about as we are the most prepared country in the world vs a potential pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines is the short answer

Lot's to unpack for the long answer. "Herd immunity", "more transmissible", and what you believe the endgame is or should be. Lot's of words required to discuss those things. Start the conversation if you want.
    Vaccines make herd immunity possible, but it’s unclear why you think there’s no cause for concern that variants will cause another e before we get there. It’s one thing to be personally unconcerned, quite another to suggest that there is not a rational basis for concern.

Which prong of the fork is closer to your position and why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh

I remember when americal politicians and finance moguls were high fiving themselves because china was facing a crippling pandemic. At the same time, these idiots were saying theres nothing to worry about as we are the most prepared country in the world vs a potential pandemic
    China is in a tough situation. The West is on the verge of opening up, China can't possibly vaccinate enough of their population this year to open up to the world. By the time they are done with coronavirus they will have lost 2+ years of time towards building internal markets. Which means over the coming years as Mexico replaces them as the low cost manufacturing hub of the United States their economy will come crashing down. That's why they want everybody to stay locked down until the whole world is vaccinated. They are just trying to buy time in hopes that they can figure something out to save their failing system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is in a tough situation. The West is on the verge of opening up, China can't possibly vaccinate enough of their population this year to open up to the world. By the time they are done with coronavirus they will have lost 2+ years of time towards building internal markets. Which means over the coming years as Mexico replaces them as the low cost manufacturing hub of the United States their economy will come crashing down. That's why they want everybody to stay locked down until the whole world is vaccinated. They are just trying to buy time in hopes that they can figure something out to save their failing system.
    Geostrategery and quite a bold prediction.

What signs do you see that China is verging on collapse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok

Americans also said china was gonna collapse anytime last February

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Snake Boy is a dove on COVID for reasons of economic dominance. For some reason he thinks the US has the edge on China right now, and that pressing that advantage trumps any concern about risks that COVID still poses to human health and the economy in the US.

Almost as if he thinks the real problem is disease mitigation, and not the disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Snake Boy is a dove on COVID for reasons of economic dominance. For some reason he thinks the US has the edge on China right now, and that pressing that advantage trumps any concern about risks that COVID still poses to human health and the economy in the US.

Almost as if he thinks the real problem is disease mitigation, and not the disease.
    he probably reads the Federalist or some bull like that

Americans fail to understand that unlike fat americans chinese will eat shoes if need be for a few years if they encounter a depression. Plus their economy wqs spectacular last year. And to think mexico will replace them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Americans fail to understand that unlike fat americans chinese will eat shoes if need be for a few years if they encounter a depression. Plus their economy wqs spectacular last year. And to think mexico will replace them
    All sounds very improbable to me, I'd like to hear more about what convinced Snake Boy that China is teetering on the brink of failure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and you think russia is going to return to glory

Yes the chinese will eat shoes, they have a couple thousand years practice at it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You seem to think stopping the virus is the problem but you dance around the issue when I ask you what you think the endgame is. Preventing serious disease/death (if that's what you mean by disease mitigation) has always been the one and only issue. Who cares if people get the sniffles after vaccination. In 12 weeks America will begin to help rescue the world because we will be done with our population. China will not be first on the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and you think russia is going to return to glory

Yes the chinese will eat shoes, they have a couple thousand years practice at it
    Nope. Russia is a gastation pretending to be a country economically. They do have nukes and build their armament from the first screw so they are a force militarily. But thats it. They are a middle weight at best.

Yup and chinese can eat shoes for a couple thousand years more while we burn down for having to wear a mask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to think stopping the virus is the problem but you dance around the issue when I ask you what you think the endgame is. Preventing serious disease/death (if that's what you mean by disease mitigation) has always been the one and only issue. Who cares if people get the sniffles after vaccination. In 12 weeks America will begin to help rescue the world because we will be done with our population. China will not be first on the list.
    I'm not sure what you mean by endgame, if you clarified that, I might be able to make a stab at it.

Also not sure why you think vaccination will be over in three months, as I understand that's roughly when the US will have enough doses for everyone. Getting those doses into arms will presumably take some time. Last estimate I heard for that was "summer/fall."

If you have fresher information, please do share.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geostrategery and quite a bold prediction.

What signs do you see that China is verging on collapse?
    You're aware that Sleepy Joe promised to be tougher on China than Trump correct? Thus far it appears he is going to keep that promise. China's entire economy is dependent on being a preferred trading partner with America. That started with idea that we gain access to their huge internal market, a nice idea that the CCP never allowed to happen. Aging demographics in China are now on the verge of rapidly changing to make China an unappealing market for US, retirement communities just don't consume enough. Plus old people just don't make good low cost workers. They can't steal cheap labor from other countries like we do because they are a closed society.

Mexico on the other hand has a perfect age pyramid and a shiny new trade deal with us. That's why we are stealing our job labor from central america instead of Mexico now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what you mean by endgame, if you clarified that, I might be able to make a stab at it.

Also not sure why you think vaccination will be over in three months, as I understand that's roughly when the US will have enough doses for everyone. Getting those doses into arms will presumably take some time. Last estimate I heard for that was "summer/fall."

If you have fresher information, please do share.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-by-end-of-may

Bear in mind 30-40% of people won't want the vaccine so it will be very soon that everyone who wants a vaccine will have gotten it.

Some areas are already having trouble filling appts
    https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...e-103107653659

By endgame I mean when do you think the pandemic is over. When x number of people stop testing pcr positive? Or when serious illness and death drop to x number?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-by-end-of-may

Bear in mind 30-40% of people won't want the vaccine so it will be very soon that everyone who wants a vaccine will have gotten it.
    To me this suggests we might not reach herd immunity.

By endgame I mean when do you think the pandemic is over. When x number of people stop testing pcr positive? Or when serious illness and death drop to x number?
    I'd just be guessing. If fatalities/hospitalizations drop to the ordinary range of the flu and/or the CDC says it's over?

If you can answer your own questions, I'd be grateful for the information.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me this suggests we might not reach herd immunity.

I'd just be guessing. If fatalities/hospitalizations drop to the ordinary range of the flu and/or the CDC says it's over?

If you can answer your own questions, I'd be grateful for the information.
    I assumed you had your own take on things and were being coy about it. My legit take is scattered over the 900 pages of this thread along with some obvious (to me) for lulz takes. I'll summarize my legit takes for you but first I'm hungry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assumed you had your own take on things and were being coy about it. My legit take is scattered over the 900 pages of this thread along with some obvious (to me) for lulz takes. I'll summarize my legit takes for you but first I'm hungry.
    Buen provecho!

Thread Information