Page 941 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 44184189193193793893994094194294394494595199110411441 ... LastLast
Results 23,501 to 23,525 of 40782
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing that the federal government should have taken care of early on, it’s not like this problem is new. We still have problems getting accurate counts and it makes it difficult for policy to be made concerning the virus. But we didn’t want the federal government involved for some unknown reason.

This is the challenge, and this is why we need to work to improve our national surveillance,”

https://apple.news/AIutJFn3oQ76OhXUfqLnnEw

as we move along we find so many holes in what should’ve been a national response.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Owners of Hospital Conglomerate Made Billions as Health Care Workers Lacked PPE

“While key workers put their lives on the line to keep the country running, and mutual aid groups desperately tried to plug the holes created by decades of cuts to our social fabric, billionaires and big corporate interests have made a killing.”

HCA has reaped enormous profits by squeezing workers and cutting costs, while showering top management with lavish compensation.

HCA made nearly $4 billion in profits in 2020 during the pandemic, up more than $200 million from 2019.

At the same time the company cut supply costs by $112 million, even though workers spoke out for months about inadequate PPE and having to reuse single use equipment like masks and gloves.

HCA’s staffing levels were 29 percent below the national average. HCA’s low staffing levels have been linked to poor patient outcomes.

For example, low staffing levels at HCA’s Colorado hospitals may have contributed to patient death as well as other preventable harm.

https://truthout.org/articles/owners-of-hospital-conglomerate-made-billions-as-health-care-workers-lacked-ppe/

Capitalism's for-profit health care s everybody, except the Capitalists, by design.

so basically we have price gouging during the pandemic and the freeze. But we catch those little grocery guys who price gouge water during hurricanes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing that the federal government should have taken care of early on, it’s not like this problem is new. We still have problems getting accurate counts and it makes it difficult for policy to be made concerning the virus. But we didn’t want the federal government involved for some unknown reason.

This is the challenge, and this is why we need to work to improve our national surveillance,”

as we move along we find so many holes in what should’ve been a national response.

To comply with Trash's "fake pandemic" LIE, don't test LIE, the Repug / red states LIED, esp FL, about real counts, didn't push masks, re-opened too soon, and KILLED 1000s more their citizens directly by Repug MISgovernance, killing, and maiming, 100x more Americans than all the Muslim / white terrorist combined, with no punishment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID-19: New Forecast Shows 600,000 US Deaths by July 1

https://247wallst.com/healthcare-eco...aths-by-july-1

Probably 300K more deaths than necessary due to Trash/Repug LYING/MISgovernance.

I expect all the state level white Repugs to be re-elected,

while a black stealing loaf of bread gets 3-(misdemeanor) strikes 25 years in prison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican lawmakers are refusing to get vaccinated —

which is holding up Congress

it's delaying Congress's return to a full legislative schedule.

https://www.rawstory.com/gop-vaccine..._campaign=6779

smash-mouth obstructionism of the "illegit" Dems by the 100% bad faith, anti-partisan Repugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

COVID-19 mortality undercounted and and tallies revised up?

You don't say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican lawmakers are refusing to get vaccinated —

which is holding up Congress

it's delaying Congress's return to a full legislative schedule.

https://www.rawstory.com/gop-vaccine..._campaign=6779

smash-mouth obstructionism of the "illegit" Dems by the 100% bad faith, anti-partisan Repugs
    If members want regular order, they need to get the shot; if they don't they're just caterwauling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID-related: Merkel's Christian Democrats lose badly in regional elections. The failure of the govt to roll out vaccines at more than a trickle could leave the CDU on the outside of a ruling coalition of Social Democrats, Greens, and the pro-business FDP.

Support for the far right AfD had been around 23% in Saxony in 2019; yesterday they polled around 10%-11%.

https://www.dw.com/en/angela-merkels...ons/a-56870876

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If members want regular order, they need to get the shot; if they don't they're just caterwauling.
    Vaccination is voluntary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccination is voluntary
    Yep, and the majority makes the rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, and the majority makes the rules.
    You cant force a vaccine that has only been approved for emergency use.

If you want to follow the rules, you need to wait for FDA/CDC to FULLY approve them before forcing it on ppl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant force a vaccine that has only been approved for emergency use.

If you want to follow the rules, you need to wait for FDA/CDC to FULLY approve them before forcing it on ppl.
    I didn't suggest the vaccine should be forced on anyone. All I said was that if Rs want regular order restored in Congress, they should get vaccinated. If they don't, then regular order isn't so important to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't suggest the vaccine should be forced on anyone. All I said was that if Rs want regular order restored in Congress, they should get vaccinated. If they don't, then regular order isn't so important to them.
    Regular order can be restored with or without vaccines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regular order can be restored with or without vaccines
    The House and Senate are following medical recommendations. If Rs want to ditch Zoom and social distancing, they need to get vaccinated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Rs want regular order restored in Congress
    Repugs have not had an intention of actually governing in the past 20 years, at least.

anti-partisan, fascist Repugs obstruct all "regular order" attempted by the Dems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darwin award nominees:

Half of Republican men say they will not get the COVID-19 vaccine compared with just six per cent of Democrat men, poll finds

-A new poll, released by PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll Thursday, found stark differences in opinion on the vaccine depending on political belief

-It found 49% of Republican men said they would not be taking the shot, along with 34% of Republican women

-By contrast, just one in 10 Democrats said they would not take the vaccine

-In addition, 47% of Trump supporters said they will not get the vaccine compared to just 10% of Biden supporters

-Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris both received their vaccines live on TV in an effort to win over skeptics

-It emerged March that Trump quietly received his at the White House in January

-Joe Biden announced this week all adults will be eligible no later than May 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC is shocked that someone might change their mind based on new information.

Have another cup of bleach flavored Koolaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One year ago today, this galaxy-brained take was posted.

Noticeably, most of the other COVID deniers don't really post here any more.
    wow, that didn't age well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Owners of Hospital Conglomerate Made Billions as Health Care Workers Lacked PPE

“While key workers put their lives on the line to keep the country running, and mutual aid groups desperately tried to plug the holes created by decades of cuts to our social fabric, billionaires and big corporate interests have made a killing.”

HCA has reaped enormous profits by squeezing workers and cutting costs, while showering top management with lavish compensation.

HCA made nearly $4 billion in profits in 2020 during the pandemic, up more than $200 million from 2019.

At the same time the company cut supply costs by $112 million, even though workers spoke out for months about inadequate PPE and having to reuse single use equipment like masks and gloves.

HCA’s staffing levels were 29 percent below the national average. HCA’s low staffing levels have been linked to poor patient outcomes.

For example, low staffing levels at HCA’s Colorado hospitals may have contributed to patient death as well as other preventable harm.

https://truthout.org/articles/owners-of-hospital-conglomerate-made-billions-as-health-care-workers-lacked-ppe/

Capitalism's for-profit health care s everybody, except the Capitalists, by design.
    I am shocked, shocked I say, to find that gambling has taken place in this establishment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Axios email

The boosters are coming

Both sides of the Atlantic are delivering the same message right now: COVID-19 vaccine boosters will become a regular part of our life for years to come.

Why it matters: The variants are spreading fast, but our technology can keep pace on developing boosters, experts say.

• From the U.K.: “We have to appreciate that we were always going to have to have booster doses; immunity to coronavirus doesn’t last forever,” COVID-19 Genomics UK head Sharon Pea told Reuters.
    • From the U.S.: Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla told "Axios on HBO" the company expects people to need annual boosters for many years. Pfizer can turn around new versions of its vaccine in 116 days, if necessary.

The big picture: Pea told Reuters she's most concerned about the South Africa COVID variant and is also paying attention to the U.K. and Brazilian variants.

• “One of the things that the virus has taught me is that I can be wrong quite regularly — I have to be quite humble in the face of a virus that we know very little about still."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same with 1/3 of military (already shot full of all kinds vaccines, drugs) and a significant segment of medical people

State Police were offered COVID-19 vaccines at work. Hundreds have declined to get them

Although the Baker administration has rejected calls for teacher-specific clinics,

arguing it could divert doses from other needy populations amid a tight supply,

the state created three State Police vaccination sites for troopers and other first responders during the earlier stage of the rollout.

http://click.email.bostonglobe.com/?...af5e84a8c7c0c0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama Persuades Republicans to Take Vaccine by Urging Them Not To

After the former President made his case,

members of the G.O.P. reportedly began lining up around the block at vaccination sites.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...ng-them-not-to

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'This is modern-day segregation!'

Anti-masker melts down and trashes Las Vegas Chipotle

includes video

https://www.rawstory.com/anti-mask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The P 1 variant is now the dominant strain of SARS-CoV-2 in Brazil. Daily deaths have hit 3000/day and ICU capacity is less than 20% IN every state. According to this *preprint* it's 250% more transmissible than the wild variant. It looks like Bolsonaro is just going to let this thing "wash through the country." Like our former president, he's allergic to non-medical interventions.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....03.21252706v1

Man, looks like that Ivermectin is really doing the trick. (this is the COVID kit Brazil uses.)

Last edited by Winehole23; 03-16-2021 at 10:50 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The P 1 variant is now the dominant strain of SARS-CoV-2 in Brazil. Daily deaths have hit 3000/day and ICU capacity is less than 205 IN every state. According to this *preprint* it's 250% more transmissible than the wild variant. It looks like Bolsonaro is just going to let this thing "wash through the country." Like our former president, he's allergic to non-medical interventions.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....03.21252706v1

Man, looks like that Ivermectin is really doing the trick. (this is the COVID kit Brazil uses.)

They're doing it wrong.

Thread Information