Page 944 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 44484489493494094194294394494594694794895499410441444 ... LastLast
Results 23,576 to 23,600 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well governments need to be honest. As I always said.

We just dont know how efficient vaccines are. Thats the truth. Governments try to have their cake and eat it too thus why everyone is confused.

They should be honest. We dont know how efficient vaccines are with all variants. Thats why they are only approved for emergency use. Wear a ing mask. Period.
    Plus Fauci isn't there to do demagoguery and politics, like Paul is. Unlike Rand who quit his day job and stopped caring about his Hippocratic oath, Fauci needs to tell it how it is.

There's variants of the virus out there, the protection you have may or may not be effective, and better be safe than spark this all over again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also the meltdown over wearing a ing mask in public is ridiculous, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clearest Sign the Pandemic Could Get Worse

COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have reversed their decline in Michigan

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/03/michigan-covid-19-coronavirus-outbreak/618332

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clearest Sign the Pandemic Could Get Worse

COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have reversed their decline in Michigan

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/03/michigan-covid-19-coronavirus-outbreak/618332

Heir Whitmer has that under control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Biden administration's weak emphasis on non-medical interventions and its apparent indifference to avoiding unnecessary sickness and death is a point of continuity with Trump. I'm not sure from what I've read that the claim children don't spread COVID is well founded.

I also think it's borderline reckless to crowd schoolchildren together indoors without a strong emphasis on ventilation.

If the goal line really is just 10 weeks away in the USA, what sense does it make to open everything up and send all the kids back to school?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WaPo email

"Health-care workers were first at the vaccine line.

But barely a majority have had at least one shot already —

and 4 in 10 have not been vaccinated,

per a Washington Post-Kaiser Family Foundation poll that surveyed workers from February through early March.

More men than women and

more Democrats than Republicans said they had received a vaccine. "

"Small groups of children who had covid-19 continue to

feel
    fatigue, headache and heart palpitations for months,

similar to long-term symptoms in adults."

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-19-2021 at 03:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Biden administration's weak emphasis on non-medical interventions and its apparent indifference to avoiding unnecessary sickness and death is a point of continuity with Trump. I'm not sure from what I've read that the claim children don't spread COVID is well founded.

I also think it's borderline reckless to crowd schoolchildren together indoors without a strong emphasis on ventilation.

If the goal line really is just 10 weeks away in the USA, what sense does it make to open everything up and send all the kids back to school?

My neighbour's kids have been going to school every day since late August. No issues.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heir Whitmer has that under control.
    Heir?

You like actual fascism, Darrin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My neighbour's kids have been going to school every day since late August. No issues.
    Nice anecdote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a third wave in Europe right now. Presuming it can't happen here is the panglossian take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, you're scared less. Keep clenching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American Academy of Pediatrics and CDC both recommended kids in schools months ago with appropriate guidelines-done appropriately in my opinion as both a pediatric and public health doctor it can be done if safe practices followed and I believe teachers should and are getting priority for the vaccines. In the DC area schools are reopening with some with hybrid models so we will see how it plays out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, you're scared less. Keep clenching
    Werent u desperately looking for a vaccine? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Werent u desperately looking for a vaccine? Lol
    For my mom. Taking her for second shot next Friday.

I'll take one when available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can housepets be a reservoir for COVID-19?

In one of the new studies, he and colleagues analyzed pets admitted to the cardiology unit of the Ralph Veterinary Referral Centre in the outskirts of London. The hospital had noticed a sharp uptick in the number of dogs and cats presenting with myocarditis: From December 2020 to February, the incidence of the condition jumped from 1.4% to 12.8%.

That coincided with a surge of the B.1.1.7 variant in the United Kingdom. So the team looked at 11 pets: eight cats and three dogs. None of the animals had a previous history of heart disease, yet all had come down with symptoms ranging from lethargy and loss of appe e to rapid breathing and fainting. Lab tests revealed cardiac abnormalities, including irregular heartbeats and fluid in the lungs, all symptoms seen in human cases of COVID-19.

Seven of the animals got polymerase chain reaction tests, and three came back positive for SARS-CoV-2—all with the B.1.1.7 variant, team reported yesterday on the preprint server bioRxiv. SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests on four of the other animals picked up evidence that two of them had been infected with the virus. Earlier this week, researchers at Texas A&M University detected the B.1.1.7 variant in a cat and a dog from the same home in the state’s Brazos county.

The Texas owner was diagnosed with COVID-19, and owners of five of the 11 U.K. pets tested positive for SARS-CoV-2—all before their animals developed symptoms. The Texas pets showed no symptoms at the time they were tested, though they both began to sneeze several weeks later. All of the U.S. and U.K. animals have since recovered, though one of the U.K. cats relapsed and had to be euthanized.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021...ets-first-time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down to pets now. Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down to pets now. Smh
    not even close, remove the blinders and read something for a change.

science on COVID is a work in porgress, wer're learning new stuff all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if doctors are gaslighting patients with long COVID, think of what the assholes here will be like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Preprint* study of COVID long-haulers. (n=1407)

27% is a lot, but the proportion of COVID long-haulers who were asymptomatic at 0-10 days after diagnosis (32%) suggests that millions of people who never showed symptoms or received diagnosis will come down with persistent symptoms months later.

Emerging data suggest that the effects of infection with SARS-CoV-2 are far reaching extending beyond those with severe acute disease. Specifically, the presence of persistent symptoms after apparent resolution from COVID-19 have frequently been reported throughout the pandemic by individuals labeled as “long-haulers”. The purpose of this study was to assess for symptoms at days 0-10 and 61+ among subjects with PCR-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection. The University of California COvid Research Data Set (UC CORDS) was used to identify 1407 records that met inclusion criteria. Symptoms attributable to COVID-19 were extracted from the electronic health record. Symptoms reported over the previous year prior to COVID-19 were excluded, using nonnegative matrix factorization (NMF) followed by graph lasso to assess relationships between symptoms. A model was developed predictive for becoming a long-hauler based on symptoms.27% reported persistent symptoms after 60 days. Women were more likely to become long haulers, and all age groups were represented with those aged 50 ± 20 years comprising 72% of cases. Presenting symptoms included palpitations, chronic rhinitis, dysgeusia, chills, insomnia,hyperhidrosis, anxiety, sore throat, and headache among others. We identified 5 symptom clusters at day 61+: chest pain-cough, dyspnea-cough, anxiety-tachycardia, abdominal painnausea, and low back pain-joint pain. Long-haulers represent a very significant public healthconcern, and there are no guidelines to address their diagnosis and management. Additional studies are urgently needed that focus on the physical, mental, and emotional impact of longterm COVID-19 survivors who become long-haulers.
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...086v1.full.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "bad news chases us, not the other way around"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "bad news chases us, not the other way around"
    I didn't give those people long COVID

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't give those people long COVID
    I didn't help 99.9% of people that naturally recovered from covid and have no lingering issues.

Your doombag story makes "better" news, I suppose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For my mom. Taking her for second shot next Friday.

I'll take one when available.
    You scurred

Thread Information